Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So UK folks... BREXIT?

Super Moderator

UK
    Hate Crimes reported to the police are up by 57%.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    https://twitter.com/SkyData/status/746700869656256512

The young are to blame. Fucking slacktivists.
    Some people call for voting online - but that's the dumbest idea - wide open to fraud and all sorts of buggering about. It really isn't hard, unless in particular circumstances, to just nip down your local polling station. It really isn't. For those who can't make it out, there's postal voting - although it seems there's a whole raft of ex-pats who never received their voting cards, or received them too late to do anything with (e.g. arriving on their doorstep on June 23rd!!!) ... yeah, the youth vote was overwhelmingly in favour of Remain, but the voter numbers in that demographic were too low.

One of the most wretched things about this whole palava is Boris Johnson's naked self-interest. It's all been a game for him to try and shove himself into power (Gove, likewise, has shown himself up as caring far more about his own career than the country). BoJo's just too lazy and useless to be an effective and competent Prime Minister. Whatever your thoughts on David Cameron, the man actually cares about the position. Boris Johnson on the other hand just wants power and will do and say anything to get it, and he doesn't care who's hurt in the process. The man's a buffoon, but he's a dangerous buffoon.

Ireland
    To be honest, Mini, I don't think the pig fucker is any better.

Ya know, British politics is becoming more and more sick as I get older. Back in the 80's you knew where the lines where drawn. Nowadays, it looks like slightly different flavours of the same shite.

Some of the stuff I'm hearing about the Twitterati fools launching racial abuse is quite distubing. Some shop windows smashed as well and people on the street told to "go home" now that Britain is out of the EU.

Not good. Makes you wonder what goes through some people's minds.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    To be honest, Mini, I don't think the pig fucker is any better.
    I'm amazed, although perhaps not entirely surprised, that nonsense caught on.

One single source, of questionable (at best) reliability (co-author Isabel Oakeshot's own assessment of the person, I might add), and published in a book written by a man with a very public axe to grind with Cameron, having thrown a hissy fit that he didn't get bestowed upon him a senior position in government, which was in-turn serialised in the Daily-sodding-Mail of all places - a publication that, on any other day of the week, those who most frequently use the "pig fucker" line would otherwise dismiss as a lie-filled rag that should never be believed!

No wonder political discourse in this nation is such a mess.

N.B. I'm not having a go at you personally, shoot, I just think that pig rubbish was just that - a load of cobblers - which drags down politics in general in the UK.

Ireland
    Yeh, it's funny though.

To be perfectly honest, I've heard of worse initiation rights.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Fresh Meat
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

England
    How about that - the younger generation doesn't want the change and much of the older generation won't have to live through it. Isn't that ironic?