Thread: Dead Rising 4 (video game)

UK

Dead Rising 4 (video game)

Did someone say Frank and Willamette?!

Possibly some kind of 'extended' reboot of the first one... Looking good though.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dead-rising-4...d-ahead-of-e3/

England
    Watching the Xbox presentation now.
    Nothing mind blowing yet!!

Xbox play anywhere. Buy it once, play it on Xbox or Windows 10.
    Sea of thieves continues to look superb

State of decay 2
    https://youtu.be/_JMJFyXuGUw
    Last edited by kidgloves; 13-Jun-2016 at 05:49 PM. Reason: F
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    looks like this will be exclusive to the xbone for a year, then hopefully it will come to ps4 (with all dlc, patches, etc on day one with any luck). the original dead rising is still one of my favorite games on the 360. so much fun to run around wrecking zombies with a lightsaber and mega-blaster.

United States
    i thought immersion and realism in games would surely improve in the ten years between the original and the newest dead rising, but this video highlights how lazy the developers got with DR4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxJpDtg0Bs

looks like total shit and not worth picking up even in the bargain bin if you ask me. i recently downloaded the remastered version of the original on my ps4 and it holds up surprisingly well after all these years. the series peaked with the first game in my opinion.

Administrator

England
    Now let's compare GTA 2 to 5?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Now let's compare GTA 2 to 5?

Although, yeah, that DR1/DR4 comparison is a bit woah, isn't it? It's strange why they might leave those little details out. Might it be something to do with the coding of the game? Not being able to have those things because there's so much other stuff going on that they can't have both? Still, though, that looks rather silly when they were able to do it ten years ago!

IIRC there was a little bit of that going on with GTA V compared to GTA IV with some of the 'car damage' detail being better in IV than it was in V. Although, V looked infinitely superior to IV in almost every other way and it was stunning they were able to achieve all that at the end of the previous console generation's life cycle.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Although, yeah, that DR1/DR4 comparison is a bit woah, isn't it? It's strange why they might leave those little details out. Might it be something to do with the coding of the game? Not being able to have those things because there's so much other stuff going on that they can't have both? Still, though, that looks rather silly when they were able to do it ten years ago!

IIRC there was a little bit of that going on with GTA V compared to GTA IV with some of the 'car damage' detail being better in IV than it was in V. Although, V looked infinitely superior to IV in almost every other way and it was stunning they were able to achieve all that at the end of the previous console generation's life cycle.
    You can make that case for many games tho. Consider Fallout 3 to Fallout 4. Fallout 4 stripped out many of the features of Fallout 3, including skills and dialogue trees. But it did include others like introducing a system for Power armor and a Survival mode.