Thread: Back 4 Blood (video game) - "Left 4 Dead 3"

Administrator

England

Back 4 Blood (video game) - "Left 4 Dead 3"

Well, at long last...

Going to be interesting to see how the 'card' system works. Have to say the graphics don't look much of a step up from L4D2 strangely!?

Jump to 15m50s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICRl231CiP4
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Reviews seem mediocre, with PvE seeming good(ish), but PvP being bad...

Doesn't seem worth £50-£89.99...

I still play Left4Dead2 numerous times a week PvP. So I suspect Back4Blood will not still see me playing it in 12yrs time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1WH4q85UOI
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The price on new games is just getting moronic now, and all these super expensive special editions with some crappy gun and a car included or some junk.

£50 to £90??? Fuck sake.

The entire time I've had my Xbox One I've only bought one game brand new (pre-ordered, in fact) and that was RDR2. Everything else has been months after release and/or on a sale.

Administrator

England
    Anyone got it yet? Reviews seem reasonable as regards playing with friends. They're suppose to be adding to/improving the solo experience...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Well, having put a few hours into this...

Good:-
    • It's a reasonable zombie co-op game.
    • Graphics are fairly good and it runs very well at least on my hardware.
    • The card system and character variations give some nice diversity in gameplay.

The not so good:-
    • The infected just are not as distinct as they could/should be. Many look the same and are variations on a theme. Often people will not even be able to call out what an infected even is.
    • This then means fights are less controlled (skillful) and generally just frenetic?
    • There's weapons overload. Personally, I'd prefer fewer more distinct weapons, with simple additions, than
    • It's often not clear what you're suppose to be doing next.

I also fear we'll now get expensive expansion pack after expansion pack with more levels, characters and weapons... With the additional characters and weapons simply muddying the water.

We (a group of us) will continue to play, but the fact I often return to Left4Dead2 and appreciate its simplicity and balance says something about B4B IMHO.
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    I rarely even play this now. It quickly got dull even for co-op PvE. Meanwhile I still regularly play Left 4 Dead 2 PvP...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    I was playing thru a L4D2 PvE campaign the other day - something I don't do that often - and as I've said before, it's such a better experience than Back 4 Blood
    -Carl Sagan