Thread: Eleven variations of S07's opening filmed...

Administrator

England

Eleven variations of S07's opening filmed...

...in an attempt to prevent spoilers...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/1...ombat-spoilers
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...in an attempt to prevent spoilers...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/1...ombat-spoilers
    I'm calling bullshit. AMC desperate. 4th or 5th episode being filmed I believe and ID is close to confirmed. They just want to cast doubt IMO. AMC is too money hungry to spend that much plus time for that kind of shoot.

Administrator

England
    Well, I have no idea of the ID, and want to keep it that way!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

United States

11 different options

I still think that it has to be Glen. If it's anyone else... Well, I think that kind of deviation from the comic could spell some really big trouble for the series. K.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, I have no idea of the ID, and want to keep it that way!
    Ofcourse. I wont spoil. Welcome aboard katholiday. The off season around here is slow but the discussions starting in Oct are very entertaining.

Super Moderator

UK
    Am I right in thinking that numerous cast members also filmed a one-on-one scene with Negan that takes place later in the story?

Like Neil, I certainly want to avoid spoilers, but it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out in the end - will it really be worth the several-month gap to better service the story? Or will it be a pointless gambit?

Robert Kirman was recently on the Nerdist podcast again, and he spoke about the cliffhanger ending a bit. Naturally he didn't slam it, but from what he said, it appears that the makers were genuinely surprised by how much backfire they got for it. Hopefully they'll learn a valuable lesson.

Perhaps the season 7 premiere will make everyone go "Oh! Now I understand why they did it. Okay, fair enough!" ... or quite possibly not. Whatever happens, I'll be very happy to have TWD back on the screen. Frankly, I wouldn't have gone the route they did with the last moment of the finale. 6x16 should have ended with viewers breathing out a long breath, murmuring "Blimey!", as the identity of the victim is confirmed and burned into their minds, rather than staring angrily at the black screen shouting "What the f*ck?!"

Only four months to go now...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-Jun-2016 at 04:19 PM.

United States
    Honestly, I won't even be mad if it gets spoiled for me. I just lost interest. Of course I can't wait for the season to begin and we can move past this blunder.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Damage limitation. They haven't shot multiple deaths. What's the point? The spoiler will come out when someone doesn't turn up on set which will be well before S7 starts.
    Ridiculous
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Damage limitation. They haven't shot multiple deaths. What's the point? The spoiler will come out when someone doesn't turn up on set which will be well before S7 starts.
    Ridiculous
    Can you imagine if they paid the whole cast to show up on set for the rest of the season just to keep the "who got killed?" farce going on?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Can you imagine if they paid the whole cast to show up on set for the rest of the season just to keep the "who got killed?" farce going on?
    Erm, well, if only one person dies then they only have to pay one person to show up on set and not do any genuine work. Everyone else who survives would be there anyway filming according to their schedules as they are. Some cast members disappear for one, two, three, four, or even five episodes at a time - so they get a big chunk of time off here and there - and, IIRC, the production has their own mid-season hiatus to catch their breath before launching into the remaining eight episodes.

So they might be able to squeeze it in ... but it won't be an easy task, that's for sure.

United States
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume they filmed multiple deaths so the extras on set won't be able to leak it. The actual head bashing would have been filmed at a private location. I'm sure whoever got killed would still be on set following the death and will most definitely be added to the trailer somehow. We can also get a non traditional trailer as well and that bums me out. I adore the Comic Con trailers so much.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    And don't forget we could get a half a season of flashback episodes that would require the "missing" person for filming even though they have about 2 minutes of current timeline left.

Experience proves that just when I think TWD has done the most annoying thing possible they figure out how to take it to the next level. The cliffhanger was the pinnacle of annoying. So what would take it to the next level? Starting the next season with something OTHER THAN resolving the cliffhanger. Maybe a background building episode or some other non-pertinent storyline. Emphasis on gimmicky or artsy. Or they might show Morgan, Carol and the "let's get you some help" guys for an episode. Or maybe Heath and Tara.

What would actually be kinda cool is an episode showing the lead-up from Negan and the Savior's point of view. That might explain how they went from inept hillbillies to precognitive commandos. I'd.... yeah, I'd actually enjoy some of that perspective.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    What would actually be kinda cool is an episode showing the lead-up from Negan and the Savior's point of view. That might explain how they went from inept hillbillies to precognitive commandos. I'd.... yeah, I'd actually enjoy some of that perspective.
    Negan's men knew all the routes in the area, and they had different gangs of men on the different routes. They would have coordinated between them, figuring out which direction they were heading next to tip off the next gang waiting so they'd be on their toes. Notice the sheer number of men in the climactic scene - he's got an army.

With the attack on the radar outpost they were caught with their trousers down, and other skirmishes were scattered and random and left no survivors - but they figured it out and got their head in the game and went full force. IIRC there's a reference, perhaps from Negan himself, explaining that he basically gathered up all his able-bodied people to have this huge show of force.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Negan's men knew all the routes in the area, and they had different gangs of men on the different routes. They would have coordinated between them, figuring out which direction they were heading next to tip off the next gang waiting so they'd be on their toes. Notice the sheer number of men in the climactic scene - he's got an army.

With the attack on the radar outpost they were caught with their trousers down, and other skirmishes were scattered and random and left no survivors - but they figured it out and got their head in the game and went full force. IIRC there's a reference, perhaps from Negan himself, explaining that he basically gathered up all his able-bodied people to have this huge show of force.
    Yes Negan did reference the difficulty and resources were a large task. But he did it to make a point. I will love to hate Negan.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Yes Negan did reference the difficulty and resources were a large task. But he did it to make a point. I will love to hate Negan.
    The Governor was a guy you hated to love but Negan will be someone you will love to hate.