Thread: Philando Castile shooting

Administrator

England

Philando Castile shooting

Has horrible as this, and as disturbing as the video is - I still can't get over how relaxed his girlfriend is reporting as he bleeds out (I'll put it down to shock!) - it does not show what actually happened.

ie: Maybe he was told not to move repeatedly, but still did?

I'm in no way saying the police officer is right or wrong, but coming to a conclusion on just the video of the aftermath seems dangerous.

And of course this event seems to have sparked the Dallas shootings today? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-36743033
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    The police officer is wrong. There are no two ways about this. Somebody THAT afraid of people shouldn't be let into a police force or near a gun. Recipe for this type of disaster.

My mates and I were having a chin wag about this yesterday. I was absolutely dumbfounded at how the girlfriend acted too. She posts a Facebook update, but doesn't ring a fuckin ambulance? Then casually says to the cop that "you killed my boyfriend" while the poor git is still conscious? Even for shock, that's a whole world of weird right there.

America is nuts in many of its parts, but that video is the next level altogether. The cops later cuff her! Really? I'm surprised they didn't cuff the kid as well.

Madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNCbgJ55jQY
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 08-Jul-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Has horrible as this, and as disturbing as the video is - I still can't get over how relaxed his girlfriend is reporting as he bleeds out (I'll put it down to shock!) - it does not show what actually happened.

ie: Maybe he was told not to move repeatedly, but still did?

I'm in no way saying the police officer is right or wrong, but coming to a conclusion on just the video of the aftermath seems dangerous.

And of course this event seems to have sparked the Dallas shootings today? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-36743033
    Have you ever been around people in shock? I have. People react very differently. Once I got half my leg sliced open in a wound. I was calm as ever but my friend spazzed out. You shouldn't judge people in situations like that, their reactions are not an indication of anything.

England
    Have to agree with EvilNed on this one. I've been unfortunate enough to experience shock on 2 occasions and, on reflection, I dealt with both situations by being calm and slowly coming to my senses so I could do the next thing I needed to. The cops on one occasion told me it wasn't unusual to react like that.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA