Thread: Herbivore

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Herbivore

I was watching "Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" and my boyfriend and I got to discussing the zombie deer that got run over. What this boils down to is say you have an herbivore(like the deer) that becomes infected, would that creature develop a craving for flesh and turn carniverous or would they migrate to the side of the road and just decimate the plant life?

United States
    Good question! Reality would say decimate plant life but Hollywood would make it a meat eater. Zombies don't turn into vegetarians so I don't think Herbivores would consume meat but that would be a bit boring I guess.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 31-Jul-2016 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Derp
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Good question! Reality would say decimate plant life but Hollywood would make it a meat eater. Zombies don't turn into vegetarians so I don't think Herbivores would consume meat but that would be a bit boring I guess.
    Yeah, I'd probably agree with this.

But the sight of a zombie deer going to town on some bushes, madly chomping away at leaves and such, would be rather funny! They missed a trick, there!

Actually, there's potential for a zombie comedy right there - call it "Herbivores!" or something - and there's a zombie virus, but it only affects herbivores and vegetarians - so the real threat to mankind is losing all our greenery.

Incidentally, I also watched Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse the other day ... an alright flick, some good moments, but it didn't do enough with the 'Scouts vs Zombies' concept. For the most part it was more 'start of a zombie apocalypse that just so happens to feature scouts as the protagonists' by way of Superbad. I think there was a better flick in there waiting to get out, but they didn't quite nail it.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 01-Aug-2016 at 09:29 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, I'd probably agree with this.

But the sight of a zombie deer going to town on some bushes, madly chomping away at leaves and such, would be rather funny! They missed a trick, there!

Actually, there's potential for a zombie comedy right there - call it "Herbivores!" of something - and there's a zombie virus, but it only affects herbivores and vegetarians - so the real threat to mankind is losing all our greenery.

Incidentally, I also watched Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse the other day ... an alright flick, some good moments, but it didn't do enough with the 'Scouts vs Zombies' concept. For the most part it was more 'start of a zombie apocalypse that just so happens to feature scouts as the protagonists' by way of Superbad. I think there was a better flick in there waiting to get out, but they didn't quite nail it.
    Dude, I can see Zombie Man doing a cameo in your version of "Herbivores" haha. Do it!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Dude, I can see Zombie Man doing a cameo in your version of "Herbivores" haha. Do it!
    Ooooooh ... don't tempt me!

Norway
    Its also a possibility for a real horror movie as the undead herbivores of all kinds spread the disease because they attack other herbivores to protect their food. In the end they would eat up all plantlife including wheat and grain.