Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek Discovery (TV series)

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It’s now confirmed that the new Trek show on the CBS streaming service will indeed be a further exploration of Captain Jean-Luc Picard’s journeys and once again portrayed by Sir Patrick Stewart. No title or any other information at this point, just that Stewart is officially on board.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/patr...-trek-show-229

This has definitely gone a long way in getting me more excited for this series!
    I gave up with Discovery, so hopefully Stewart's show will drag me back!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Really excited for this.
    I thought Discovery was excellent. Enjoyed it immensely
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Discovery has been renewed for a third season.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/sta...a-third-season

I actually own the first season on digital, but have yet to give it a spin. I know initial reviews were mixed, but I get the impression that most fans feel it has since improved, so perhaps a third season will really hit the mark?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Shame on me, but I've yet to watch a single episode of Season 2.
    I think Season 1 was a hit and miss. But sometimes it was such an awful miss.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Trailer and poster for the new Patrick Stewart-led Trek show, Picard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3om4V_-Y0Q

Ireland
    ^
    From Wiki
    The series is set 20 years after Jean-Luc Picard's last appearance in Star Trek: Nemesis (2002), and finds the character deeply affected by the destruction of Romulus as depicted in the film Star Trek (2009)
    Ugh...no thanks.

Don't like trying to attempt to join up Abrams shitty, fake, Trek, with Picard's Next Gen Trek.

They are absolutely incompatible.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    ^
    From Wiki

Ugh...no thanks.

Don't like trying to attempt to join up Abrams shitty, fake, Trek, with Picard's Next Gen Trek.

They are absolutely incompatible.
    I know you’re not a fan of the Kelvin Timeline and that’s understandable. However, it seems to me that Romulus being destroyed is the most minor of links to Abram’s film and could still provide an interesting story as to how that effected Picard. Considering he had a history there.

And if we were to get deeper into the time travel whirlwind, Spock attempted and failed to save Romulus within the prime timeline before the Kelvin timeline had branched off? I know, that’s splitting hairs and it’s still within Abrams’ film, but technically it’s not within the new timeline because that technically didn’t start until Spock and Nero travel back?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Romulus being destroyed happened in the prime timeline of Star Trek. I don't see how that's a problem. Also it's bound to be a rather significant event in universal politics so it feels fitting that the show would deal with it.

I also hope it picks up on some of the enviromental issues started in Season 5 of TNG I think. There was an episode where they concluded that warp drive rips up the spacetime in it's wake - meaning that warp travel is slowly destroying the universe. That feels so fitting in these times.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States