Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead: SEASON 2B (2x08-2x15) discussion...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    For some strange reason, which apparently I am not the only one who fails to see any logic for, Nick has mutated into either the dumbest or most suicidal character in this group. The things he did in this episode are those of either a mentally challenged person or someone who no longer cares to survive and does not give a damn about his life anymore. Starting with falling asleep on the ground in a world where he is very well aware that carnivorous walking corpses freely roam the land in search of "food", when he could easily have just climbed on top of the abandoned bus (which he later in fact does, but only after he gets attacked by the dogs) and take the nap there to begin with. It does not take a rocket scientist to have figured this one out from the very beginning. This whole episode looks more like Nick's clumsy attempts at either dying of starvation/thirst, get eaten by zombies or get shot by lawless mercenaries; potentially deadly situations that he could have avoided getting into if it weren't for his weird and illogical decisions.
    Yeah. I thought the same thing about the bus - why not just sleep on top of it to begin with?!

They said on Talking Dead that the Nick character believes he's invincible, or some bollocks like that - well it just doesn't make sense. Yeah, he's been through some stuff and survived it, but surely when confronted with so much death in such a short time you'd start thinking you could go at any minute? His decision making processes just aren't making enough sense, and it comes down to how the character is being written.

I did like that we focused just on him this episode, but even still there just wasn't enough content to fill the running time. That's often the case with FTWD now - you can see it reflected in Talking Dead where, when discussing Fear, they seem hard-up for topics to dig into. Everything's very surface level and they oftentimes end up talking about stuff that's clear for all to see. When discussing TWD, on the other hand, they have plenty of material to dig into.

Fear undoubtedly suffers in the shadow of TWD, but even if TWD didn't exists, the problems Fear has would still exist. It's a damn shame. They desperately need to buck up their ideas because I'm just not feeling this show for the most part. There are bits and pieces that I like, but bits and pieces scattered around doesn't cut it.

Super Moderator

UK
    2x09: Los Muertos

Okay, so that one was a little bit better. There were even a couple of bits I really liked - such as the gangland territory that was blocked off and they had taken over a supermarket/storage area. We've not really seen that aspect of hoarding material things for short term gain (beyond personal survival) in the early days.

They also, finally, added a little more flesh to the bones of the 'alternative view on the dead' that they've been playing with for several episodes. It made a little bit more sense, or you could understand the perspective a little better, but they've taken a long time to dig deeper into it.

I liked the bit where the zombies stumble over the edge of their balconys and crash down to the ground - but, come on, no broken bones, no severe head trauma?! None of them seemed to die from the fall (head trauma) or at least get seriously damaged (e.g. broken legs).

As for Madison's former husband - I take it he deliberately crossed the divide to deliberately get into a car crash? Some kind of history of depression etc? (Nick mentioned he spent a lot of time just lying in bed).

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    2x09: Los Muertos

I liked the bit where the zombies stumble over the edge of their balconys and crash down to the ground - but, come on, no broken bones, no severe head trauma?! None of them seemed to die from the fall (head trauma) or at least get seriously damaged (e.g. broken legs).
    Yes, that is a contradiction. We see that the zombies in this universe die from a heavy blow to the skull, so most of those zombies falling down from the higher floors should have died from head trauma.

- - - Updated - - -

Nick risks his life & limb for a pair of Gansitos, but who can blame him?

Mexico's take on the Twinkie is YUMMY!

PS: the folks in Talking Dead kept getting it wrong and saying that what Nick stole were "cookies". They are snack cakes, covered in chocolate and filled with cream and strawberry jam/jelly.
    Last edited by JDP; 29-Aug-2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: []

Administrator

England
    The last season's episodes left me so myeh I've not even bothered with the new episodes...

I'll get around to them and I hope they're an improvement!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The last season's episodes left me so myeh I've not even bothered with the new episodes...

I'll get around to them and I hope they're an improvement!

It's not terrible, definitely watchable. My biggest gripes are the need to pull key moments from the comic book that haven't yet been used on the main show; including parallels to a very important group that has yet to show up on TWD. That really irks me!

Also they really jumped the shark with the zombie guts camo this past episode. I forgave them when Nick used it but c'mon now lol.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Also they really jumped the shark with the zombie guts camo this past episode. I forgave them when Nick used it but c'mon now lol.
    Yeah, the scene where they applied a few bits of zombies blood in the middle of the death zone on the other side of the fence - and have a chat whilst they're being encroached upon (ever - so - slowly) - was quite wobbly as a scene. I didn't like the staging of it, it just felt off - you could see the extras were having to go extra slow just for the scene - but in 'TWD reality' those walkers would have been on top of them far quicker, even for shamblers.

A few smears of zombie blood and that's enough now, is it? It kinda smacks of "we're gonna be using this conceit a lot, but we don't want our actors forever covered in gore" ... well, them's the rules in this universe as far as I'm concerned. Now they're cheating on that front.

I also wondered - where are all the zombies? - when they returned with those trolleys full of water. They were making such a racket! It seems strange that they don't even have a car at their disposal for such runs - in an area that was previously well populated, no less. Are you telling me they can't find one car to use for shopping trips?!

Rising

United States
    Yeah, the scene where they applied a few bits of zombies blood in the middle of the death zone on the other side of the fence - and have a chat whilst they're being encroached upon (ever - so - slowly) - was quite wobbly as a scene. I didn't like the staging of it, it just felt off - you could see the extras were having to go extra slow just for the scene - but in 'TWD reality' those walkers would have been on top of them far quicker, even for shamblers.

A few smears of zombie blood and that's enough now, is it? It kinda smacks of "we're gonna be using this conceit a lot, but we don't want our actors forever covered in gore" ... well, them's the rules in this universe as far as I'm concerned. Now they're cheating on that front.

I also wondered - where are all the zombies? - when they returned with those trolleys full of water. They were making such a racket! It seems strange that they don't even have a car at their disposal for such runs - in an area that was previously well populated, no less. Are you telling me they can't find one car to use for shopping trips?!
    We also saw that in the TWD universe talking blows away your zombie-camouflage, you have to keep quiet to be able to fool the zombies, the rotting smell is not going to make them deaf. Yet here in this episode quite in contradiction to this fact, talking while walking through the encroaching zombies did not do a thing, the zombies continued to be fooled.

United States

Bro, I hated that scene haha. They literally smeared a bit of blood and suddenly the zombies stop going for them as they have a conversation? I usually defend this show but that was inexcusable. Shit, Rick usually looks far worse than that and yet the zombies still go after him haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    We also saw that in the TWD universe talking blows away your zombie-camouflage, you have to keep quiet to be able to fool the zombies, the rotting smell is not going to make them deaf. Yet here in this episode quite in contradiction to this fact, talking while walking through the encroaching zombies did not do a thing, the zombies continued to be fooled.
    Bro, I hated that scene haha. They literally smeared a bit of blood and suddenly the zombies stop going for them as they have a conversation? I usually defend this show but that was inexcusable. Shit, Rick usually looks far worse than that and yet the zombies still go after him haha.
    Yeah. I think the writers on FTWD need to do their TWD homework.

Hell, 1x02 "Guts" tells you everything you need - you need a lot of coverage, and you can't talk (maybe you can whisper up close, but no more).

To be fair, 1x02 also had a really stupid moment in it with walkers climbing over a fence - thankfully they've not done that since (the buckling prison fence and a mound of bodies underfoot in Season 4 doesn't count).

England
    Another things that seemed odd was how the hotel had been cleared of food, yet the bar appeared to be fully stocked...

Still enjoying it though...

Rising

United States
    Yeah. I think the writers on FTWD need to do their TWD homework.

Hell, 1x02 "Guts" tells you everything you need - you need a lot of coverage, and you can't talk (maybe you can whisper up close, but no more).
    Rick's new girlfriend and her son got killed precisely for not keeping quiet while otherwise fooling the zombies with the smell trick. Nick and the girl should have been attacked by the zombies since they were in fact very casually having a conversation while walking through the approaching zombies.

To be fair, 1x02 also had a really stupid moment in it with walkers climbing over a fence - thankfully they've not done that since (the buckling prison fence and a mound of bodies underfoot in Season 4 doesn't count).
    Some of the zombies were clearly climbing up the fence in that episode too:

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/68630/...=1471536691691

Don't know how this second "slip up" happened. They supposedly wanted to get rid of the idea that the zombies could have the ability of climbing.
    Last edited by JDP; 30-Aug-2016 at 07:08 PM. Reason: ;

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Another things that seemed odd was how the hotel had been cleared of food, yet the bar appeared to be fully stocked...

Still enjoying it though...
    The hotel was a bit confusing as why did the zombies suddenly decide to jump the ledges when they did? Eh, cool location and the Mexican atmosphere really does help this one stand out. Strand is still the man.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 30-Aug-2016 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Errrr

Rising

United States
    The hotel was a bit confusing as why did the zombies suddenly decide to jump the ledges when they did? Eh, cool location and the Mexican atmosphere really does help this one stand out. Strand is still the man.
    I thought that maybe it was because they were hearing the noise at the bar, but the fact that Alicia was yelling to warn them that the zombies were falling down and they could not hear her seems to discard this possibility.

Super Moderator

UK
    I thought that maybe it was because they were hearing the noise at the bar, but the fact that Alicia was yelling to warn them that the zombies were falling down and they could not hear her seems to discard this possibility.
    A considerable inconsistency! Perhaps the piano would work for the ones in that ground level building (they were pressing against the breaking glass), but all the way up say ten or twenty storeys? As if. The sound of the ocean would cover up any leaking sound, and it's not like they had the doors or windows open.

Things like that need a bit more thought applied to them. They're getting a habit of making silly mistakes and leaving logic gaps.

Ireland
    This entire show is one big logic gap. I honestly don't know why I'm still bothering.

Zombie "make up".... FFS. They're not even pretending any more that the zombies are a threat, unless you literally walk up to them an offer yourself as lunch, yet the producers are expecting the audience to believe that America, as a continent, has been over run by these things?

Plus, as already mentioned, while falling zombies look cool, having them get up and brush themselves off like fuck all happened is laughable to say the very least. Their bones would be in pieces falling from that height. Maybe one or two might get up and hobble around, but they all took those falls like bosses and didn't give a tinkers cuss.

So bad.

Seriously, nobody tried to apply just even a little bit of logic to that scene? Really...no one?

It's got to the point that I'm just watching the show for Kim Dickens and Coleman Domingo now.

Also...more religious South American Catholics...come on writers...Feckin hell...
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....