Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead: SEASON 2B (2x08-2x15) discussion...

Super Moderator

UK
    2x11 viewing figures - 3.40 million - so a bit of a jump from last week's series low of 2.99 million.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    2x11 viewing figures - 3.40 million - so a bit of a jump from last week's series low of 2.99 million.
    "Pablo & Jessica" is probably my favorite of the back half so this pleases me.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Undisclosed
    I have to say I am enjoying the second half of this season. I really like the hotel setting. I know it's petty; but it still bothers me Nick looks so damned scuzzy. He's out there playing soccer with all of these Mexicans with all of this beautiful hair. You would think somebody would give him some damned shampoo!!! Still, I am enjoying this series even though it didn't live up to it's expectations. Then again; I'm from a time when there wasn't much zombie action out there. I guess I can pretty easily impressed.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I will say that I found the dog attack completely believable. I can't imagine Nick crawling on top of the bus when he first sits down. He was clearly cold and suffering early signs of exposure. I'm more surprised he didn't crawl inside the thing.
    He did not look tired enough not to have the energy to climb on top of the abandoned bus. Rule #1 in a world where the living dead are free to roam the land at their leisure: DO NOT FALL ASLEEP ON THE GROUND if you are wandering around by yourself without a travelling companion to take turns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    I know it's petty; but it still bothers me Nick looks so damned scuzzy. He's out there playing soccer with all of these Mexicans with all of this beautiful hair. You would think somebody would give him some damned shampoo!!!
    In a world where you can fool the living dead by smelling bad, personal cleanliness might not be the #1 priority.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    I have to say I am enjoying the second half of this season. I really like the hotel setting. I know it's petty; but it still bothers me Nick looks so damned scuzzy. He's out there playing soccer with all of these Mexicans with all of this beautiful hair. You would think somebody would give him some damned shampoo!!! Still, I am enjoying this series even though it didn't live up to it's expectations. Then again; I'm from a time when there wasn't much zombie action out there. I guess I can pretty easily impressed.
    I agree! I'd almost given up on the series... Now I'm eager to watch the episodes...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Canada
    Good thread guys....You all pretty much echo my sentiments of the show so far.The writers really do need to buck up. I have no major issues with the acting yet though....

I have been really digging the mood & atmosphere so far during 2(b)....The old school synth music soundtrack is killer IMO.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by carpetbeggar View Post
    Good thread guys....You all pretty much echo my sentiments of the show so far.The writers really do need to buck up. I have no major issues with the acting yet though....

I have been really digging the mood & atmosphere so far during 2(b)....The old school synth music soundtrack is killer IMO.
    One thing that this show does not get any credit for is its great musical score. From the unique to episode title screen to the already mentioned retro synth score and music choices, it's always good. Also, Travis, Madison, Nick, and Strand are doing a great job on the acting side; Daniel too of course.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    One thing that this show does not get any credit for is its great musical score. From the unique to episode title screen to the already mentioned retro synth score and music choices, it's always good. Also, Travis, Madison, Nick, and Strand are doing a great job on the acting side; Daniel too of course.
    Yeah, to be fair, both the areas you mention are pretty strong. I'd agree with that.

Super Moderator

UK
    2x12 "Pillar of Salt"

So another time jump ... not sure how much time, a week or two? We saw them getting the hotel all sorted out with a garden etc - and time for surfing lessons (!) - but it was good to get a bit more info on Ofelia once again. I suppose she sees the hotel as a sweet-ass paradise and figures "ah, they'll be fine now" and just takes off with the 4x4, but at the same time that's a bit of a bloody cheek (you've only searched some of the place, surely?) - good to see her kicking some arse, though. I liked the push/pull of her character with her parents - who was she living her life for? And now she's headed back to the USA? Interesting - we might get to see the border all messed up, or large areas all burned out from Napalm/whatever.

Madison is clearly quite capable - but she's got a significant weakness in yearning to bring Nick back into her life. She made some stupid moves, but it was clearly out of desperation - she wasn't thinking at all clearly - and it was good to see Alicia call her out on it. Her character has improved greatly in recent episodes, especially so after her idiotic time on the radio waves at the beginning of the season.

How much longer do you reckon Colonia has? Should we expect that place to fall in the season finale? I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened. There's already hints at getting the band back together (Madison and Nick almost crossed paths, she reckons he's near, and of course Travis spotting those lights in the night).

Quite looking forward to next week's episode - notice how Travis' beard is full in the last minute reveal just after the Hotel lights go out, but in the preview for next week's episode (as seen on Talking Dead) he's nowhere near as bearded (just generally unshaved). We'll likely see a big episode between father and son next week - what do you reckon will happen?

My theory:

Either Travis will abandon Chris, realising there is no helping him ... or something really bad happens and it all goes wrong for Travis. I'm not so sure Travis would kill Chris, but might Chris die by his own reckless actions/eagerness to get into deadly situations (and finds himself mortally wounded in some sort of run-in with the wrong people). Might there be a struggle between Travis and Chris and might Travis accidentally kill Chris?

Of course, even with the hotel lights, if you happen to be in the vicinity of it during the day you're not going to miss it - it's hardly an inconspicuous structure - and a hotel would be ripe for plundering, perhaps even living in - that's exactly what Madison & Co did.

United States
    Hell yeah Ofelia was pretty badas in this episode. Finally. Loved her confidence and the way she siphoned that gas like a champ was quite pleasing.

I do believe the Colonia will fall and I for one welcome it. I really don't like it there and the zombie gut camo is just ridiculous now. Everybody is doing it! Ughhhh.... enough.

Alicia is growing on me and this episode continued that.

Madison annoyed me but I can see a mother reacting like that. It's funny how everyone felt so far apart but now seem to be pretty bottled up within miles. The ending with Travis was pretty good and considering how rough and out of it he looked something went horribly wrong with his story. We'll find out next week.

Things are picking up really nice now. This episode was clearly just a set up to further move the pieces towards the dual finale in a couple weeks.

Rising

United States
    2x12 "Pillar of Salt"

How much longer do you reckon Colonia has? Should we expect that place to fall in the season finale? I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened.
    What is surprising is that it hasn't been found earlier already. It is a fairly big and noisy place. The "narco" gang at the supermarket should not have been having this much trouble to locate the place.
    Last edited by JDP; 20-Sep-2016 at 02:41 AM. Reason: typo

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    What is surprising is that it hasn't been found earlier already. It is a fairly big and noisy place. The "narco" gang at the supermarket should not have been having this much trouble to locate the place.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. They've made it this far without being discovered, and then as soon as it gets directly referenced - boom - they've been found. And considering they often walk to the Narcos gang territory, it really can't be that far at all - and the Narcos gang have people in cars roaming around the place, so...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Sep-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yes, that's one thing that confused me to... But I guess we need to just go along with that... ie: How "narco" gang can't find a huge colony of people with just a couple of miles of them... ie: Smoke, lights and noise alone would give their position away...

But enjoying these episodes more than anything before in the series I recon... Hopefully it's a sign of changes in the right direction!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Viewing figures for 2x12 - 3.62 million - so another little jump after last week's 3.40 million (after the previous week's lowest point of 2.99 million).

Just noticed that there'll be a three week gap between FTWD S2B ending and TWD S7 beginning - good - to me at least it felt like FTWD S1 stole some of TWD S6's premiere thunder, and I also felt a little bit 'zombied out' by the time it got going, so a couple of weeks off in-between will be a nice demarcation and let me get the juices flowing for TWD S7.

United States
    Viewing figures for 2x12 - 3.62 million - so another little jump after last week's 3.40 million (after the previous week's lowest point of 2.99 million).

Just noticed that there'll be a three week gap between FTWD S2B ending and TWD S7 beginning - good - to me at least it felt like FTWD S1 stole some of TWD S6's premiere thunder, and I also felt a little bit 'zombied out' by the time it got going, so a couple of weeks off in-between will be a nice demarcation and let me get the juices flowing for TWD S7.
    I totally agree. TWD season premier definitely did suffer a bit in the ratings because of it; FTWD's dissapointing first season also hindered it as well imo.

I'm also glad they are airing the final two episodes back to back.

A nice little break until TWD7 is much needed considering the longer FTWD season this time around.