Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead: SEASON 2B (2x08-2x15) discussion...

United States
    For anyone who watched "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." tv show this week, it looks like we got a spoiler about the fate of one of the cast from Fear.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    For anyone who watched "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." tv show this week, it looks like we got a spoiler about the fate of one of the cast from Fear.
    Depends on how much of a role him/her will play on AoS. That was filmed prior to this current FTWD season half.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Well don't give anything away, folks. I never got into Agents of SHIELD, personally, so I'm oblivious and would like to keep it that way.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well don't give anything away, folks. I never got into Agents of SHIELD, personally, so I'm oblivious and would like to keep it that way.
    Would never haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    2x13 "Date of Death"

Got rather talky in the last stretch there (the amount of it throughout felt a bit 'holding pattern' waiting for next week's double episode season finale), but the Travis/Chris stuff was quite good - especially from Travis' perspective.

Madison's little desperate thing with the hotel lights is turning into a right old bugger up, isn't it?

United States
    Man, Travis is really becoming my favorite Character. I love everything about this guy.

My only complaint was how it felt like they were building up to a big confrontation between Travis and Chris and his new "friends" only to have it end with Chris just leaving.

Someone needs to die next week.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Man, Travis is really becoming my favorite Character. I love everything about this guy.

My only complaint was how it felt like they were building up to a big confrontation between Travis and Chris and his new "friends" only to have it end with Chris just leaving.

Someone needs to die next week.
    Yeah, I was kind of expecting something a bit bigger (i.e. deadly) between Travis and Chris, so I was a little thrown by how it played out ... but I guess we'll discover more next week.

It was a bit surprising that the crowd didn't push the gate open when they let Travis in, but at least they're keeping them contained in a (seemingly) secure area of the hotel grounds to examine and interview everyone.

Administrator

England
    Another enjoyable episode... Slightly talky, but still far better than we had in the first half of the season generally!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It was a bit surprising that the crowd didn't push the gate open...
    I was surprised that some didn't just climb over the wall... Strand is going to be pissed off about the new arrivals, if he survives his wound...

Hopefully we'll find out Chris' fate next week... what with the two gang members arriving at the hotel in the closing scene.

And yeah - a very talky episode and noticeable lack of walkers... I guess they must have missed the lit up hotel sign!

Does anybody know if this series is coming out on DVD?

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    I was surprised that some didn't just climb over the wall...
    That's what I was wondering too, or just climb the gate itself. Also, the hotel is such a large place that it would be rather easy for many of these "intruders" to find their way in somewhere else where no one is watching. The group manning the hotel simply do not have enough people to cover the entire area.

and noticeable lack of walkers...
    It would be great if now that the hotel is being flooded by survivors the tide brings back most of the zombies that the riptide took away. There would be a major mess in that hotel, and the best solution for anyone wanting to survive it would be to get the hell out of there fast before the zombies reclaim the place.

Rising

United States
    RIP Chris.

One naturally expects Travis to have been extremely pissed off about what happened to Chris, but in fairness to those two punks Chris was travelling with: what did Travis expect them to do in such a situation? It was either a mercy kill for Chris or let him suffer and slowly die from his injuries. Let us remember that they are in the middle of a "war zone", with zombies and lawless mercenaries roaming the land, no manned hospitals anywhere in sight. Chris was sentenced to death by the accident, so those two guys were not really responsible for what happened this time.

Super Moderator

UK
    2x14 "Wrath" & 2x15 "North"

Sure, we get to see the story of what happened to Chris, but did the two scumbags tell him exactly what happened? They may well have done, or they might have been rather vague on the details (with Travis not having the luxury of a flashback sequence like we get).

However, him killing those two scumbags is as much Travis raging against himself letting Chris go with them, and "failing" his ex-wife and mother of his child, about Chris being gullible enough to believe they'd help him at all, as it is about punishing the two gits.

I have to say that Travis is one of my favourite characters on the show. He's had a lot of meat to chew on this season, particularly in 2B.

The two episodes in general? They were alright, there were some good moments in there, but it was a bit wobbly in some regards. I wasn't especially gripped during a fair amount of it. It was obvious to me that they'd all be cast into the wind by the end of the season, and sure enough. Unless we see more of them in Season 3, I felt some of the hotel characters were kinda under-used - e.g. the mother of the bride - it felt like there was going to be more with that and it just kinda stopped.

With this camp in the distance, and these dudes who look tooled up, might we see some semblance of government - or remnants and left overs at least - in Season 3? A little bit Day of the Dead-like? Or maybe they're just a bunch of bozos yomping around the border.

BTW: viewing figures for 2x13 = 3.49 million (previous week was 3.62m).

United States
    If someone was to tell me that they would reveal Chris's death by flashback I would have not been happy but the way they told that story was fresh and pretty creative. I loved it and wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It was brutal and consistant with the Bromigos characters. What Travis did was amazing.

These last two had great gore and plenty of deaths oh my.

What Alejandro did was both heroic and badass. Too bad Nick messed up lol.

Excellent final two with minor flaws. Can't really complain.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 03-Oct-2016 at 03:19 PM. Reason: More

United States
    They were both pretty good episodes. Thank god Chris is gone. Because they split the episodes like this, ALL direct tv DVR's did not record the second episode. This seems like a major blunder. I don't know why exactly it glitched out and did not record the second episode but I was watching it live so no big deal but I'm sure there will be some bummed out folks out there. Weird how they split it like that. Oh well. Bring on season 7. I'd be willing to bet it will set a record for viewings.
    Last edited by Trancelikestate; 03-Oct-2016 at 08:54 PM. Reason: ....

Super Moderator

UK
    I like the coldness with which Chris was dispatched - that high wide shot of him crawling on the hot tarmac, the no-nonsense execution etc. It showed up how stupid Chris had been to trust the 'Bromigos' ... good riddance.

When he appeared on Talking Dead last week I figured he'd be snuffed out on the show because he had clearly had a haircut and was trying to hide the fact with that backwards baseball cap. It was like that time when the actress who played Jessie on TWD turned up on the Talking Dead couch with blue due in her hair.

Anyway ... having forgotten that Strand stayed behind at the hotel, I'm sure we'll see a bit more happen there, but will Strand then re-connect with Madison et al? He's still got an enemy there in the mother of the bride, and I wonder if the others will end up taking against him as he was with Madison & Co when they rocked up on the hotel's doorstep in 2x09.

Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    They were both pretty good episodes. Thank god Chris is gone. Because they split the episodes like this, ALL direct tv DVR's did not record the second episode. This seems like a major blunder. I don't know why exactly it glitched out and did not record the second episode but I was watching it live so no big deal but I'm sure there will be some bummed out folks out there. Weird how they split it like that. Oh well. Bring on season 7. I'd be willing to bet it will set a record for viewings.
    Technically they're separate episodes, but they decided to show them back-to-back instead, so that'll have something to do with it.

I presume DirecTV DVRs have something like a 'season link' to record all episodes, right? Perhaps whatever tells the boxes what is showing when wasn't updated properly/forgotten about? Probably some silly little bugger up like that.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Oct-2016 at 09:39 AM.