Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead: SEASON 2B (2x08-2x15) discussion...

United States
    I agree: Thank Beelzebub that Chris is gone. I could not stand him, and thought his acting stunk.
    Still on the fence about the show. I want to like it, but it's just lame. Also, please die, Nick. Now everybody is rubbing themselves down with zombie goo, and pretty sparsely at the end of the episode...
    WTF?!?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I agree: Thank Beelzebub that Chris is gone. I could not stand him, and thought his acting stunk.
    Still on the fence about the show. I want to like it, but it's just lame. Also, please die, Nick. Now everybody is rubbing themselves down with zombie goo, and pretty sparsely at the end of the episode...
    WTF?!?
    The zombie gore rub downs are very inconsistent - even with Nick - he was covering himself, then he went all the way down to a few finger-sized smudes and a couple of splats on a t-shirt, and then in this double-episode finale he was wearing like a shell suit jacket that was covered in blood - so wtf is going on there? If they're going to use this mechanism regularly then they need to be consistent about it. One of the most egregious scenes was when him and Luciana were 'blooding up' by the rear end of the bus and talking out loud as zombies approached them (exceedingly slowly, I might add - almost just moving on the spot) ... yeah, that scene was a low point for Season 2B.

There's a lot of work to be done with FTWD, and it's whole purpose for being in the first place has been blown past long ago sadly, but there have been improvements over the course of Season 2B after a lacklustre 2A. We'll see where we go from here.

United States
    The show's writing is very inconsistent. The show does many things well but is always hampered down by logic gaps and lazy writing. I'm still into it but mainly for Travis. Very curious what path he goes on next. The zombie guts trick really takes me out of the moment it's so laughable. Episodes like "Wrath" still keep me engaged, however. Also, stop splitting people up ffs.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    OK... Really dug the second half of the season... Looking forward to its return if it continues like it ended!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan