Thread: Quite an emotional/spiritual dream

Administrator

England

Quite an emotional/spiritual dream

I had quite an "intense" dream the other night.

A person came to me and had a chat covering my current state of mind, place in life etc etc.. It was an indepth, insightful, and I'll use the word inspiring, conversation... We covered areas I'd not been thinking about, and conclusions I'd not thought about...

And do you know who this spirit figure was? It was an aged Carl Sagan. Someone I have immense respect for, but certainly not someone I've thought about for a good while...

Weird stuff!
    Last edited by Neil; 12-Sep-2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: cos
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Wow, that's pretty cool! Wish I had dreams like that. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Wow, that's pretty cool! Wish I had dreams like that. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
    Never had a dream like before!

Very real, detailed and intense! I recall at the end he put his arm over my shoulder as he said a few final things...

And no I hadn't been drinking the night before
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I haven't had a dream like that, but I have had incredibly intense and vivid dreams on numerous occasions.

Sometimes it's a nightmare - not like a "boo!" scary kind of nightmare, but like what would be a real-life actual nightmare involving the death of loved ones. In those dreams I've experienced such an incredible drain and sadness that it was like an emotional nightmare, if you will.

On several other occasions I've had dreams which have been quite physical by, ironically enough, not being physical at all - I experience a sense of paralysis, or extreme physical sluggishness/exhaustion to the point where I'm asleep but I'm dreaming about being asleep. I've had that type of dream a few times now ... the physical sense of exhaustion is very strange, and yet strangely comfortable on occasion. Very bizarre.

I had a dream the other night that, for part of it, involved trying to climb a perilous mountain that had lots of little pathways (but kind of miniature, in a way) that were all knotted across and around each other. They were all so steep that I had to scramble on all fours to try and find my path up this mountain/cliff structure. Something seemed to be after me, so I was getting away from that, but it was a kind of removed presence lurking around for the most part. Then I ended up in some kind of giant dolls house-like bedroom and it was like I was inside a platforming videogame have to traverse shelves and stacks of books etc to try and get some cherished item.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Wow, cool dream! Again I'm envious. Perhaps if I ever have a dream of note myself, I'll post it in this thread, assuming I can find it.