Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (video game)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It is looking epic isn't it.

Still no news on a PC version
    I'd be surprised if they didn't put it out on PC, but it might come out a bit later than the console version, as was the case with the likes with various GTA games. They never did a PC port of RDR, did they? I guess too much time had passed and their resources were better suited on other projects, but this time I'd imagine they will, but will announce it in due course.

I really enjoy these early glimpses at a new Rockstar game. Gets me so revved up to explore their new world, although hopefully it won't take five ruddy years before we get the next Rockstar game (they didn't half drain every drop of blood from GTA Online and 'shark cards' )

England
    Oh my

Last edited by kidgloves; 21-Sep-2018 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Because
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I can't wait to go exploring in RDR2 and just stumble across random events. Those can be some of the most entertaining aspects of a Rockstar game, these little weird tales scattered about the game world, you know?

I saw another video from IGN about 'your most important questions answered' or whatever, but most of them were shite questions ("Is dead eye in the game?" ... ffs ) - but one interesting tidbit was that your character's facial hair will grow as the day/night cycle moves onwards, so if you don't shave you'll end up with a big old beard (if you like) and you can choose how to shave your character as well (so you can go full mutton chops, if you like, for example).

I wonder what the "go to jail" penalty is - like, do you lose weapons, money, how long are you in there etc? Cool that you sometimes get busted out, will that happen all the time, or just some of the time? If only some of the time, how do you get out? Some of these things get brought up but these games journalists seem to just stop asking questions and leave something half-explained.

Anyway ... RDR2 ... can't wait!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Some tidbits about little details in the game are coming forward from IGN as a result of their play sessions, things like:

Mud - lots of interactive mud. Seems you and your horse get quite dirty during gameplay, so you'll need to take care of your ride by cleaning it/riding it in the rain/taking it through a river to wash it off. Likewise you'll be able to clean off in various ways.

Horse details - apparently there are testicle physics. So in addition to realistic swaying they'll also shrink up in cold weather! Also, your horse will go #1 and #2 when it feels like it.

First Person Mode - seems Rockstar have developed the FPS mode from the ground up and it works better than in GTA V (plus you'll have to option to turn off 'head bobbing'). I think I'll probably give it a try out of curiosity when roaming around, but I prefer 3rd person for a Rockstar game.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Some tidbits about little details in the game are coming forward from IGN as a result of their play sessions, things like:

Mud - lots of interactive mud. Seems you and your horse get quite dirty during gameplay, so you'll need to take care of your ride by cleaning it/riding it in the rain/taking it through a river to wash it off. Likewise you'll be able to clean off in various ways.

Horse details - apparently there are testicle physics. So in addition to realistic swaying they'll also shrink up in cold weather! Also, your horse will go #1 and #2 when it feels like it.

First Person Mode - seems Rockstar have developed the FPS mode from the ground up and it works better than in GTA V (plus you'll have to option to turn off 'head bobbing'). I think I'll probably give it a try out of curiosity when roaming around, but I prefer 3rd person for a Rockstar game.
    God I hope this even just partly lives up to the hype!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-tlY6ytk8

The new official gameplay video is out!

England
    So purty.
    Can't wait to play this on the X
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    So purty.
    Can't wait to play this on the X
    Can't wait to play this on the PC - DOH!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Can't wait to play this on the PC - DOH!
    I read a wee while ago that the reason RDR was never put out on PC was because the code was a shambles, with bits and pieces scattered all over the place and with zero data control due to very poor project management.

Hopefully, they learned from their screw ups and managed everything better this time and release RDR2 to the master race?

Anyway there is an PS emulator for the PC in the works and it seems that RDR is getting developed on it But, the frame rate is complete shit at the moment. So, eventually we may be able to play the original RDR on a computer one day.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Those transitions from cutscene to action are slick.

So many cool details - like the realistic trail in the snow, and man, those vistas ... gorgeous! RDR had beautiful visual design and this is a few leaps on from that. The optional FPS mode looked not bad, certainly better than the tacked-on one in GTA V.

Looking forward to doing some heists in the old west. Hopefully character management won't be too burdonsome (e.g. eating food, washing). I remember how in GTA V always having to buy yet another ruddy bullet proof vest (because they got rinsed so quickly and you couldn't pick up replacement parts 'in the field'), which was a pain in the arse, so hopefully managing your dude in RDR2 won't get too over-the-top ... that's about my only concern, really, but hopefully with playtesting etc they'll balance it correctly.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I read a wee while ago that the reason RDR was never put out on PC was because the code was a shambles, with bits and pieces scattered all over the place and with zero data control due to very poor project management.

Hopefully, they learned from their screw ups and managed everything better this time and release RDR2 to the master race?

Anyway there is an PS emulator for the PC in the works and it seems that RDR is getting developed on it But, the frame rate is complete shit at the moment. So, eventually we may be able to play the original RDR on a computer one day.
    The fact GTA V came out on PC should mean RDR2 will too IMHO!

Question is when...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK

Question is when...
    I would be surprised if RDR2 didn't come out on PC, especially after so many complaints about how RDR1 never came out on PC. GTA V did well on PC, and it'd make sense for Rockstar to have thought about that for RDR2 from early on. The release will be staggered, no doubt, but that was always the case ... the likes of Vice City and San Andreas came out on PC six months after their console debut dates.

I reckon in the next few months we'll hear something more solid about it, and a PC release of RDR2 inside a year.

Ireland

Question is when...
    As far as I know, Rockstar have only kept two titles from a PC release, RDR being one of them.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Apparently the story campaign is 60 hours long. It was 65 hours, but they trimmed out a subplot involved a second love interest for the main character. They took that out likely for streamlining purposes so you can focus on the main love interest that'll be in the game.

I've also heard that you have to keep your weapons up-to-snuff via maintenance. Hopefully, as I've said before, these 'character management' aspects (like washing and eating) won't become a chore (I quickly got sick to death of having to keep buying bullet proof vests in GTA V only for them to get shredded in seconds). Weapons can also be modified both functionally and cosmetically, and the more you use a weapon the more proficient your character gets with that particular weapon.

Super Moderator

UK
    IGN REVIEW - 10/10 "Masterpiece"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoFvVAMcwOE

*edit*

And a few tips for gameplay...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ajKFg0HRU0
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 25-Oct-2018 at 05:27 PM.