Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (video game)

England
    I got to chapter 4 then started again and it played out differently 2nd time around. Strangers, missions etc spawn in different places, at different times in different order. It's mind blowing the way it's structured. I go off on huge tangents of fishing, hunting, searching for treasure etc. Stumbled upon a random gold mine the other day just by being curious and paying attention to a cables direction. I'm not reading tips or following guides just free roam. I'm 152 hours on the clock so far. Im on Chapter 4 which is how far I got first time around. I'm already looking forward to starting again.
    This is going to be a 100% completion game for me. Gold medals. 1000 gamer points.
    I'm probably going to go through it in first person only as well.
    Then there's online.
    Oh my.
    Life is great

- - - Updated - - -

RDR1 remaster coming as DLC?

https://www.fraghero.com/red-dead-gl...-remaster-dlc/
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Why did you stop at Chapter 4 and restart the game?

And where's this gold mine?

As for that link ... nah ... that video looks fake or the "come on now" is just an NPC. While RDR1 was great, there were some bits that were a bit iffy or slowed things down too much, so I'm not sure about playing it all over again (I already played it twice, hehe). But considering how RDR1 ended, I don't fancy going through the bummer of it all again.

It is interesting how RDR2 benefits RDR1, though. People you first met in the previous game now take on new shades in RDR2. I'd actually forgotten a lot about RDR1, so I was discovering things all over again, or certain characters who will become enemies in RDR1 I was just viewing as camp mates with nothing outside of RDR2 colouring my interactions with them, which was cool.

Administrator

England
    God I hate you lot...

Hopefully on PC next year!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Easily the best game of this current generation, and quite possibly Rockstar's best game yet.

The amount of detail is stunning. Sometimes with open world games you kind of run out of stuff to do, or things to see/hear in the world itself - not so with RDR2 - it feels more like a case of you'll never find/see/hear every single thing, so the open world feels incredibly rich.

Just when I thought I'd run out of Strangers, I found two more last night!

England
    I restarted cause I went passed a part of the story where I was distracted and it made a decision for me that I wouldn't have made. Didn't have other saves. Be interesting when I get to that part again to see how it plays out this time.
    The gold mine is northwest of Strawberry. It's a cave where you had to duel with a bounty early on. Just look around. It looks collapsed but isn't. Easily missed.

Just buy an Xbox One X Neil. You've already got the telly. The X version is borderline gaming pc standard. The weather effects, lighting etc make the environment seem alive.

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I hope they've done a good conversion and got rid of the selection wheel etc for the PC.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I hope they've done a good conversion and got rid of the selection wheel etc for the PC.
    Well?!!!!!

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Well?!!!!!
    LOL! Not got it yet
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    LOL! Not got it yet
    Crack on, boah, it's a wonderful game.

I've been wanting to go back and replay some of the missions, but haven't done so yet. Still, though, I got 130 hours out of my playthrough and 90% completion (100% story completion).

Administrator

England
    Just too expensive for me at the moment (on Steam)... Waiting for it to drop...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Got this on a Steam deal.

Played through the first one again for the first time since it came out. Still a good game, but one with zero challenge in it really. And it lacks the laughs and outright silliness that GTA brings to the table.

Anyway, RDR2 is a beast to try and run. I have a decent rig, but a fairly old graphics card. It's handled everything else I've thrown at it with relative ease, but RDR2 just laughed and said "you're not running this in 1080p". But even at 720p, the game looks pretty good. Can't see any jaggies and I get a constant 40fps with no stutters, so it's all good.

But, I think you'd need a graphics card with around 8GB VRAM on board if you want to get the absolute best out of how RDR2 looks. So, it might be time for old Tony to start looking around for a new card.

Honestly can't say I'm too impressed with the gameplay so far, But I am only about 30 minutes in. I'm sure things will pick up once it gets going.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Got this on a Steam deal.

Played through the first one again for the first time since it came out. Still a good game, but one with zero challenge in it really. And it lacks the laughs and outright silliness that GTA brings to the table.

Anyway, RDR2 is a beast to try and run. I have a decent rig, but a fairly old graphics card. It's handled everything else I've thrown at it with relative ease, but RDR2 just laughed and said "you're not running this in 1080p". But even at 720p, the game looks pretty good. Can't see any jaggies and I get a constant 40fps with no stutters, so it's all good.

But, I think you'd need a graphics card with around 8GB VRAM on board if you want to get the absolute best out of how RDR2 looks. So, it might be time for old Tony to start looking around for a new card.

Honestly can't say I'm too impressed with the gameplay so far, But I am only about 30 minutes in. I'm sure things will pick up once it gets going.
    I'd definitely say stick with it. I enjoyed the whole thing but I know a lot of people complained that the start was slow while you're stuck out in the snow. Once you reach Valentine and can really start exploring the world and doing all the hunting, fishing, meeting various characters and getting involved in the side quests etc it gets really good. I played it on PS4 and it looked amazing on that so can imagine on a high end rig it will look stunning. I do have a high end PC myself although my graphics card is four years old now so thinking of ordering a RTX2080 to replace my GTX1080 as I'm starting to see lots of talk of ray tracing etc in newer games.

United States
    I only sank a few hours into this before putting it in the back burner to try and clear out some of my backlog of games. honestly it just didn't really grab my attention like the first one did. I'm looking forward to getting around to it one of these days but I'm not really in any hurry.