Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 7x02 "The Well" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 7x02 "The Well" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 7x02 "The Well" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Greg Nicotero
    Written by: Matthew Negrete

Getting this one up nice and early so I don't forget this time around!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 01-Nov-2016 at 11:37 AM.

England
    What with Rick & Co. now supplying the Saviours with food... I'm hoping they hit upon a large stash of laxatives, or perhaps something that will cause large scale sickness in the Saviour camp!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    What with Rick & Co. now supplying the Saviours with food... I'm hoping they hit upon a large stash of laxatives, or perhaps something that will cause large scale sickness in the Saviour camp!

They could lace some whiskey with Ex-Lax and some food with Immodium and get their digestion all messed up so they don't know whether they're coming or going ... then Team Rick could sneak into their compound and kill them all on the toilet.

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, after being disappointed by them missing a golden opportunity to get rid of boring ol' Daryl last week, I was pleasantly surprised we didn't have to spend all (or even any!) of tonight watching the group whinge, cry and grapple with their losses.

So I got that going for me.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I like Ezekiel already.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    They handled this one quite well, I think.

The whole King Ezekiel - with a ruddy tiger by his side - is an out there concept. I'm glad they undercut all the bluster towards the end with that big scene between him and Carol, and it grounded his whole shtick quite well. A zoo keeper and community theatre player - using what he's got to get by.

It was also nice to have a breather after last week's harrowing events, they were wise to do that and have a bit of levity in there and deal with some leftover business from the end of season 6 with Carol and Morgan. So, yeah, I think they did a good job with this episode.

Some very creepy walker designs in this one (e.g. the one covered in cobwebs), and the walker that got the front of its head sliced off was pretty cool, too. I enjoyed the herding of the pigs as well - just a little bit of survivalist business sprinkled in now and then is good.

Next week's preview:

Looks like we'll probably get another episode that just sticks to one area - the Saviour's hangout - and deal with Daryl's incarceration and what they do with him. Probably won't be a favourite episode for any of the folks who whinge about Daryl ... but personally I'm looking forward to it. We should get a good scene or two between Reedus and JDM, as well.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    It looks like the Kingdomers are way ahead in this game: they are already trying germ warfare on the Saviors with those zombie-fed pigs they give them as "tribute" If any of the diseases the zombies carry are passed through to the pigs, and from the pig meat to the humans that consume it, then this could turn out to be a useful weapon to strike back at the Saviors.
    Last edited by JDP; 31-Oct-2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: ;

United States
    Best part of the show was the connection between Morgan and Carol. I found it hysterical when Morgan wheeled her away from King E and he knew he had a scolding coming from her.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Best part of the show was the connection between Morgan and Carol. I found it hysterical when Morgan wheeled her away from King E and he knew he had a scolding coming from her.
    Lol yeah that was great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    They handled this one quite well, I think.

The whole King Ezekiel - with a ruddy tiger by his side - is an out there concept. I'm glad they undercut all the bluster towards the end with that big scene between him and Carol, and it grounded his whole shtick quite well. A zoo keeper and community theatre player - using what he's got to get by.

It was also nice to have a breather after last week's harrowing events, they were wise to do that and have a bit of levity in there and deal with some leftover business from the end of season 6 with Carol and Morgan. So, yeah, I think they did a good job with this episode.

Some very creepy walker designs in this one (e.g. the one covered in cobwebs), and the walker that got the front of its head sliced off was pretty cool, too. I enjoyed the herding of the pigs as well - just a little bit of survivalist business sprinkled in now and then is good.

Next week's preview:

Looks like we'll probably get another episode that just sticks to one area - the Saviour's hangout - and deal with Daryl's incarceration and what they do with him. Probably won't be a favourite episode for any of the folks who whinge about Daryl ... but personally I'm looking forward to it. We should get a good scene or two between Reedus and JDM, as well.
    You're right, they handled him and the Kingdom quite well. Giving away his origin pretty early was also a smart move.

Next week looks really interesting!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Lol yeah that was great.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, they handled him and the Kingdom quite well. Giving away his origin pretty early was also a smart move.

Next week looks really interesting!
    As Minion said, the origin reveal was the right thing to do. Because I was watching and probably making faces like Carol. A king with antics and tongue from a long ago era seemed goofy. Goofy as it was I would have stayed in the Kingdom as movies and food would be a better way to spend a shortened lifetime than in misery.

Super Moderator

UK
    Regarding germ warfare with the pigs ... it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Will it result in people dying and turning? Will it only affect some? Will it just give them a bit of bangalore belly? It's a tricky one, thinking about it, because - for example - Team Rick ate wild dogs. They suffered no ill effects - but surely those dogs would have eaten a zombie or two in their time?

TWD 7x02 Memes:

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Goofy as it was I would have stayed in the Kingdom as movies and food would be a better way to spend a shortened lifetime than in misery.
    Movie night alone would have been chilling at the Kingdom.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 31-Oct-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Regarding germ warfare with the pigs ... it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Will it result in people dying and turning? Will it only affect some? Will it just give them a bit of bangalore belly? It's a tricky one, thinking about it, because - for example - Team Rick ate wild dogs. They suffered no ill effects - but surely those dogs would have eaten a zombie or two in their time?
    We don't know for sure if those dogs ate any zombies, but since very early on the show has been teasing us with the general concept of "tainted meat" possibly not fit for human consumption for fear that something bad may happen to those who dare take the risk. Remember when we first meet Daryl how he gets pissed off at the zombie that was eating the deer he was hunting? He briefly entertains the idea of just cutting off the area of the deer's body that the zombie had been munching, but then decides it is not worth the risk. Later on the same issue came to the surface when the Terminus cannibals get scared that they have been eating "tainted meat" after Bob reveals that he has been bitten by a zombie. Gareth tries to calm them down by saying that they had thoroughly cooked Bob's flesh and therefore they will be alright. Unfortunately, none of the Terminus people lived long enough after that to see whether they would have caught some sort of infection or disease because of it. So the show has remained ambiguous about this possibility.

United States
    I had assumed the purpose of feeding the pigs (or were the boars?) the zombies was as a sort of F you to the Saviors. It costs the Kingdom nothing as far as feeding them, which is beneficial for them. If it happens to make the Saviors sick in the process, that's awesome.

Personally, if I were the Saviors, I'd be VERY wary of accepting food from any group I was oppressing and/or constantly talking down to and threatening.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I had assumed the purpose of feeding the pigs (or were the boars?) the zombies was as a sort of F you to the Saviors. It costs the Kingdom nothing as far as feeding them, which is beneficial for them. If it happens to make the Saviors sick in the process, that's awesome.

Personally, if I were the Saviors, I'd be VERY wary of accepting food from any group I was oppressing and/or constantly talking down to and threatening.
    I guess maybe it'd be a good idea for Negan, like the kings of old, to procure a "royal taster" from each settlement he receives tribute from. This would ensure, hopefully, no hanky panky on their part.

Ireland
    Yeh, Negan needs one of these lads.

Decent episode over all, but I'm getting a bit fed up with Carol's runaway Rhonda act. Was a bit rolleyes with Ezekiel at the start, but the decision to have him fess up to Carol was a very wise one and after the episode ended, came to the conclusion that the actor playing the part had pulled off what was one of the most difficult to convince characters from the comic.

Some CGI on the tiger too, although it's obviously CGI. That would have been a difficult enough job.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....