Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 7x03 "The Cell" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Thanks for the song again, Minion, made my day haha.
    That is just a way too happy song to exist. Lets lynch Minion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    By the way, does anyone remember if the word "zombie/s" was ever mentioned in any episode of Who's the Boss? If it ever came up then it is a huge contradiction to the fact that no one in TWD seems to know the word "zombie/s".

Another thing: Inquiring minds want to know whether Tony Danza and the rest of the cast became zomb... er, I mean "walkers", or are they alive and hiding somewhere??? Maybe it is time for a special guest appearance on TWD.
    Dude I'm right there with you about celebrity guest appearance. Would it be too hokey to have a seen with Rick and Sigourney Weaver, "Hey Ripley(winks), I know this isn't LV 426 but would you mind helping us with these walkers? Or maybe, We're fresh out of Pulse Rifles but here's a shotty........Oh my inner nerd came out

United States
    Mmm mmm, dogfood sammiches...

United States
    Celebrities appearing as themselves would be realistic yet very damn hokey haha. That said I wouldn't cringe at a Ripley cameo.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Celebrities appearing as themselves would be realistic yet very damn hokey haha. That said I wouldn't cringe at a Ripley cameo.
    They do not necessarily have to appear alive, though. For example, sticking with the Who's the Boss example, how about the zombified cast of that sitcom appearing in the midst of a crowd of zombies. Now we finally get the answer of what happened to them

Super Moderator

United States
    For example, sticking with the Who's the Boss example, how about the zombified cast of that sitcom appearing in the midst of a crowd of zombies. Now we finally get the answer of what happened to them

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    I'm enjoying it so far but this episode just confirmed to me that Daryl needs to die. And soon. The writers have weakened Negans character by sucking up to Daryl. Negan has just caved in two of the main characters heads yet he lets Daryl live. Why? Not only that but he stands up to Negan again. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Kill Daryl. Get rid of Reedus and let the story breathe again.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    They do not necessarily have to appear alive, though. For example, sticking with the Who's the Boss example, how about the zombified cast of that sitcom appearing in the midst of a crowd of zombies. Now we finally get the answer of what happened to them
    With their careers, probably not a hard sale...
    You could probably even get Milano to flop out a sweet zombified titty.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I'm enjoying it so far but this episode just confirmed to me that Daryl needs to die. And soon. The writers have weakened Negans character by sucking up to Daryl. Negan has just caved in two of the main characters heads yet he lets Daryl live. Why? Not only that but he stands up to Negan again. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Kill Daryl. Get rid of Reedus and let the story breathe again.
    Maybe:

He might be taking Carl's place as the object of Negan's affection like in the comic, or whatever?

Super Moderator

UK
    Maybe Negan will try and get Daryl laid?

Remember how Negan paraded his wives in front of Carl in the comic?

Good point about the challenge and use of being able to turn Daryl ... it's not necessarily such an extraordinary idea ... he went along with his brother on a variety of things, he was being dragged along, sure, but he was tagging along under an abuser's wing. That said, Negan will have to work hard to get Daryl to turn.

I think there's the intrigue of a challenge for Negan, and the lure of a capable individual - it might be worth the effort - he's turned so many people over to his cause, why not try and step up his game?

As for the episode in general, I would have preferred it if there had been a separate 'B Story' - we dipped back and forth between Daryl and Dwight, but they're both a part of each other's stories in this episode as well ... but it's a tricky one ... you have to show the gradual debasement and torture to get the power of it across, but then you're sucking up time. It'll be interesting to see what stories we get in next week's extended episode (although, that said, this time last year the extended 6x04 was purely about Morgan). Perhaps the pacing of this episode is partly down to the pacing of following episodes. You've got so many different groups of characters, some of them quite new (so you have to introduce them properly - entire communities to understand), so there's a lot of fresh work for the writers to do this season.

Figuring out the structure of your story, pacing the plot points, is a very tricky task. You can't always dictate everything, sometimes the story you're telling demands you tell things in a particular way. It's just how it is. Try and force it down a different (or even wrong) path, and you'll find yourself having all manner of knock-on effects and problems you've got to solve - and you might even end up sacrificing things you'd wanted to keep in order to try and make those changes that the story is willing you not to make for its own sake.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 08-Nov-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Ireland
    Jesus...that bleedin song.

I'm sitting here with it floating around my head all day. Last week it was the advert in 'Halloween III'. This week it's feckin Easy Street.

I'm going mental.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Jesus...that bleedin song.

I'm sitting here with it floating around my head all day. Last week it was the advert in 'Halloween III'. This week it's feckin Easy Street.

I'm going mental.
    6 more days till Halloween, halloween

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    6 more days till Halloween, halloween
    "Six more days till easy street, easy street, easy street, six more days till the world's so sweet, silver shamrock!"

Audio torture mashup.

United States
    I like Daryl. I do understand the hate and as a comics purist I have a small part of dislike for him for diminishing many other characters because of his presence. However, Daryl has once again aquired someone else's story here so to me it's not damaging Negan. In fact, in context to the show this is probably the smarter choice for now but not sure about the long run. I have a love/hate relationship with Daryl but I'm a fan. Should Daryl die already? Absolutely. Will he? Doubt it.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    I like Daryl. I do understand the hate.
    He is a mary sue to the Nth degree, and mary sues eventually kill storytelling, especially if this show is going to lean heavily on the elements of tension and horror. It's that simple.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    He is a mary sue to the Nth degree, and mary sues eventually kill storytelling, especially if this show is going to lean heavily on the elements of tension and horror. It's that simple.
    And let's talk hard, cynical economics. There are a vast swathe of Daryl fans. Whether the "if Daryl dies we riot (i.e. stop watching)" would actually happen or not is debateable (I'm a Daryl fan, but I'm a fan of pretty much everyone on the show, so I'd personally keep watching), but the risk is there. If less people watch, that means the advertising revenue drops, which means the production budgets drop, which means the show either has to cut back on episodes (not necessarily a bad thing, but not as likely to happen) or the whole thing has to get cheaper-looking (a bad thing, and perhaps more likely to happen).

Being that we're now in a period of the story where the world is opening up - a community, a society, is coming back together - you need those dollar bills to keep rolling in to pay for all of it.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 09-Nov-2016 at 09:11 AM.

United States
    3 episodes in to season 1 I end up at same hotel as Reedus in Boston. I was a fan cause of BDS but we talked TWD. Offered to buy the man a drink, he accepted. So I sat there doing shots of Irish with him. Learned couple things. Absolutely friendly and a genuine guy. He can drink. Lung cancer may get him. And he even spoiled(shh) bits of info from future shows. Then Flanery showed up and I was too tipsy to hang. But my point here is, I like the man and I like Daryl. I can never root for his demise. Steps off soapbox