Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD 7x04 "Service" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I took it as quick thinking as Gabriel was still dusting dirt off himself and Rick himself looked a bit surprised, but who knows exactly. Planning it makes more sense but the scene didn't come off like that to me.

The tension involving Spencer was great. I didn't know if he was gonna make it through this one or not. Olivia was always safe to me.
    Sounds awfully risky to be doing the whole Maggie's fake-death thing with the people you are aiming to deceive freely roaming the place! Plus if the "news" reaches the ears of the other Alexandrians who aren't in on the trick, sooner or later someone would give it away by asking questions or making comments regarding why is Maggie dead. In order for this trick to safely "pass" everyone in town should be informed about it so that no one unwittingly spills the beans.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The Alexandrians must be getting dumber: they know that the Saviors are coming for sure to take away half of their stuff and they do not make the slightest effort to hide weapons, ammo, food, water, medicines, etc. in advance in a secret place at a safe distance from Alexandria so that the Saviors won't find them, and then alter the inventory records to make it look that they had much less supplies? Puh-leeze!

And no, the fact that the Saviors showed up earlier than expected is no excuse. They should have taken these security measures IMMEDIATELY after they arrived to Alexandria and informed the others of what happened and what's coming to them.
    Rick was shown to go carefully into all that!? ie: If they fould the Alexandrians were hiding anything, people would die!

- - - Updated - - -

What was the smoking wreck at the end? Had Negan used the rocket launcher on the RV? Why was the RV parked in the middle of no where?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Perhaps Gabriel was acting alone? A risky move ... but at the same time, none of the Alexandrians were particularly chatty. Would you really be getting into a conversation with a group of dangerous thugs who've just brutally murdered two of your own? Nah, I don't think so. The fake grave thing is a dangerous proposition ... with things like this, we'll either see them unfold into something else, or I'd like to see better clarification of these little aspects of the story. They feel a bit 'roll of the dice' rather than fully thought-through. The overall is strong, but there are small details that bring up "but what about?" questions now and then.

See - fair criticism - I just don't feel the need to seek out the worst of things in something I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What was the smoking wreck at the end? Had Negan used the rocket launcher on the RV? Why was the RV parked in the middle of no where?
    It was all the mattresses that the Saviours had pinched off the Alexandrians. It was a big F-U to them all.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 16-Nov-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It was all the mattresses that the Saviours had pinched off the Alexandrians. It was a big F-U to them all.
    Oh! I looked at the scene over and over and couldn't work it out!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    There's a theory going around that Daryl was using morse code to communicate with Rick (e.g. providing a vague location of The Saviours' gaff - distance and direction) ... I had a look at the episode again, skimming through, and there's a couple of points where that could be true (but it could just as easily be the nervous, cowed twitching of a subjugating Daryl).

On the other hand - there is that massive, wall-mounted Morse Code to Alphabet thing inside Rick's living room.

Administrator

England
    There's a theory going around that Daryl was using morse code to communicate with Rick (e.g. providing a vague location of The Saviours' gaff - distance and direction) ... I had a look at the episode again, skimming through, and there's a couple of points where that could be true (but it could just as easily be the nervous, cowed twitching of a subjugating Daryl).

On the other hand - there is that massive, wall-mounted Morse Code to Alphabet thing inside Rick's living room.
    They're afraid to keep even one hand gun, but will risk sneaking into the Saviours gaff? Hmmm...
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Rick was shown to go carefully into all that!? ie: If they fould the Alexandrians were hiding anything, people would die!
    But that was shown that AFTER the Saviors were already inside Alexandria looting the place. Such important discussions should have been going on as soon as they got back to Alexandria to warn the others of what happened and what will inevitably come. Why is Rick waiting 3 days to warn them that it is Negan who is now in charge and the rotten things he will do if anyone lies or tries to hide things from him?

The episode had too many inconsistencies and contradictions in the behavior of Rick & company.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh! I looked at the scene over and over and couldn't work it out!
    It was a pure act of vandalism/hooliganism. The Saviors did not need mattresses, they took them anyway and then burned them.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps Gabriel was acting alone? A risky move ... but at the same time, none of the Alexandrians were particularly chatty. Would you really be getting into a conversation with a group of dangerous thugs who've just brutally murdered two of your own? Nah, I don't think so. The fake grave thing is a dangerous proposition ... with things like this, we'll either see them unfold into something else, or I'd like to see better clarification of these little aspects of the story. They feel a bit 'roll of the dice' rather than fully thought-through. The overall is strong, but there are small details that bring up "but what about?" questions now and then.
    It could have been purely casual, not necessarily some Alexandrian conversing with a Savior. Imagine that one of the Alexandrians who is not in on the fake-death of Maggie gimmick happens to overhear Negan making comments about Maggie being dead, or he sees the new grave, and then goes on and comments that to other Alexandrians and there happens to be Saviors around who overhear it. Then what? The whole thing is uncovered and then there is going to be hell to pay for having tried to deceive them. It is no good. Too risky. The rest of the community should be warned of the potentially dangerous maneuver, otherwise there is a high risk of someone unwittingly spilling the beans.

United States
    The morse code theory is crazy. There are people also saying Rick was tapping on Lucille to respond back to Daryl. Not sure just how accurate this one is.

How great was Negan's interaction with Gabriel though? Haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    The morse code theory is crazy. There are people also saying Rick was tapping on Lucille to respond back to Daryl. Not sure just how accurate this one is.

How great was Negan's interaction with Gabriel though? Haha.
    I hope that's true because its a badass move.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    But that was shown that AFTER the Saviors were already inside Alexandria looting the place. Such important discussions should have been going on as soon as they got back to Alexandria to warn the others of what happened and what will inevitably come. Why is Rick waiting 3 days to warn them that it is Negan who is now in charge and the rotten things he will do if anyone lies or tries to hide things from him?
    I read that as a flash back!?

If you're right that is bonkers!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I read that as a flash back!?

If you're right that is bonkers!
    Not a flashback. Negans bat was in the church when Rick spoke

Super Moderator

UK
    It is a bit out there (I didn't really see any bits in the episode that properly suggested it - some parts flat out went against it), but the morse code board on the wall was huge and right in the middle of the frame ... so perhaps it will be used at some point in the near future? One scene does hint that it's possible - Rick and Daryl share a definite look (so Rick's paying attention), and Daryl's blinking does look kind of deliberate. The main thing is that "American Morse Code" board on Rick's wall - to put that front and centre in the show and not use it somehow?

There's another theory going around that Negan cut Daryl's tongue out ... but it basically comes down to Daryl not speaking in the whole episode. That one's pretty weak (surely we would have seen such an event unfold last week, unless they're going for a shock reveal?) ... but, yeah, there's very little evidence to truly support that. Daryl is either denied the permission to speak, or is only asked to respond with a specific word or answer - so obviously he's just going to keep quiet.

Ireland
    "Holy crap...you are creepy as shit..."

I lol'd.

And agreed, I have to say. Father Gabyo- creepy as shit.

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

I lol'd.

Lmao

Another character much better in show form than the source material.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

I lol'd.

Definitely the best part of the episode, that sh!t had me cracking up.