Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 7x06 "Swear" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Oh the 'Heath' walker ... yeah, I knew it wasn't Heath the moment I saw it because that trick has been pulled before. I did half-wonder if maybe that was Heath, but being that he's pretty new to the show as a character and hasn't done an awful lot of stuff, it would have been an awful waste of a solid supporting character from the comics.
    The reason why I thought they would kill Heath off so early below.

The actor is getting big roles in Hollywood after Compton and is the new lead for the upcoming 24 series. I guess making him dissapear is another way to get him away for a while. However, I still don't think he'll survive this season.

Funny thing is all the Walkers were the sand zombies minus that random woman. Haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    The reason why I thought they would kill Heath off so early below.

The actor is getting big roles in Hollywood after Compton and is the new lead for the upcoming 24 series. I guess making him dissapear is another way to get him away for a while. However, I still don't think he'll survive this season.

Funny thing is all the Walkers were the sand zombies minus that random woman. Haha.

It'd be a shame if they killed Heath off, because it'd kind of waste the character. He's not necessarily a big stand out character, but a solid supporting player, and if they had to waste him then that'd be a shame.

At the same time it had been, what, like 9 episodes since we saw Tara and Heath - maybe he went off a shot the new 24 spin-off in that time while she had her baby and got back in the groove.

We'll see, time will tell.

Yeah, I guess the 'Heath walker fake out' walker must have been a random one that wandered along from nearby as a result of the ruckus that had been caused and just stuck around for a spell as there's not many directions to go on that bridge (and one of them is pretty much entirely blocked).

Administrator

England
    Enjoyable episode...

But daftness:-
    1) Worse shooting ever...
    2) Stabbing zombies through neck kills them? Stabbing zombies in belly kills them?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Enjoyable episode...

2) Stabbing zombies through neck kills them? Stabbing zombies in belly kills them?
    1) Yes I agree. How they escaped the Saviors with those gun skills are beyond me.
    2) I hate when they do that. How does that happen? Haha.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 02-Dec-2016 at 09:56 PM. Reason: ..
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Enjoyable episode...

1. Actually, I thought it was realistic shooting myself. Getting sick of seeing running headshots in this show. It's nice to see people miss, especially with an automatic weapon.

2. Yeh, that shiv to the neck deal is annoying the shit out me too. But, at least in this episode the zombies were getting it in the spine. So, it might have incapacitated them but not kill them? Which I'll allow.

Didn't see the belly thing.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Didn't see the neck or belly stabs, myself - could it have been a case of a missed swing on part of the human doing the stabbing in the midst of a fraught bit of hand to hand combat?

Agreed on missing shots - you wouldn't hit everything, even if you were adept at using a firearm (especially with somebody running, ducking, weaving at a distance). The Oceanside crew basically got away from Negan's lot by sodding off to a different location that was hidden and not known about (they used to live elsewhere - then all their men and boys were slaughtered - at which point they upped sticks for a new, secret home: hence the harsh doorstep policy and attempt to kill Tara when she'd made up her mind on leaving, rather than joining, Oceanside).

United States
    As far as the shots, I'm not asking for Headshots, but all that gunfire and they couldn't hit her at all? Not to mention all the noise they were making. Didn't they want to stay hidden? I can accept this.

However, I can't accept those neck stabs. Remember "The Same Boat"? Paula clearly stabbed a walker in the neck and killed it. Lol. I didn't see the belly stab myself.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    One query - did the number of cars on the bridge change? I thought when Heath & Tara first climbed onto the barricade there was one car parked at an angle... but when she returned later, there were several cars parked parallel, so they could do the running over the top bit... It's probably me getting things wrong again.
    This needs some clarification: at first glance it does give the impression that the number and arrangement of cars on the bridge has changed from one scene to the other, but if you make a closer inspection of all the scenes on the bridge you will realize that when Tara and the girl come back to the bridge later on, they do so from the other side of the bridge, the one where Tara and Heath were heading but never got to because of the sand zombies (those two trucks that dumped the sand on the zombies are located about the middle of the bridge.) So the two rows of parallel parked cars are on one end of the bridge, and the one car parked at an angle is at the other end of the bridge.
    Last edited by JDP; 03-Dec-2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: ;

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    1. Actually, I thought it was realistic shooting myself. Getting sick of seeing running headshots in this show. It's nice to see people miss, especially with an automatic weapon.

2. Yeh, that shiv to the neck deal is annoying the shit out me too. But, at least in this episode the zombies were getting it in the spine. So, it might have incapacitated them but not kill them? Which I'll allow.

Didn't see the belly thing.
    Yeh, she stabbed on in the gut and it seemingly decided to drop over...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Wow, completely missed that.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....