Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It looked like a key, maybe to a vehicle/motorbike.
    Yep, it was the key to his motorcycle. My guess is Dwight or Sherry.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Yep, it was the key to his motorcycle. My guess is Dwight or Sherry.
    Ah, a key to his bike - that makes sense. I'd wondered if it was something like that.

I'd assumed it was Jesus that did that, but then again how would he know where Daryl was being kept? Super ninja stealth to follow him all the way back after Negan had said for Daryl to be locked up again as punishment for threatening Negan? So yeah, maybe it was Dwight - he looked like a rather unhappy camper during the ironing scene, so it may well be.

Agreed on Carl's gunfight attack - a little tweak (like the gun jamming) would have been nice to have just to make the scene work a little better and make a smidge more sense. The writers and directors need to catch these little things a bit more. They may be very small touches, but they all add to the logic.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    a little tweak (like the gun jamming) would have been nice to have just to make the scene work a little better and make a smidge more sense.
    Exactly! It doesn't take much, I guess they are off in writer's lala land or a deadline was looming or...who knows.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Carl shoots Negan then he just gets lit up by the rest of the Saviors. Carl tried having the situation in his control but of course he failed. Could it have been done better? Sure! I'm just playing devil's advocate here.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    So far though, the show has done an extremely poor job at showing that the "rest of the Saviors" give a crap whether Negan is taken out or not. In fact, it looks like a substantial amount of them would be happy for somebody to do the deed, as it were.

There are large logic holes happening in TWD this year that are really grating on me. Pity. It started off with one of the best episodes of the show, but has settled into a bit of a quagmire at the moment, especially around the Saviors. They need to show why the Saviors are indebted to Negan, otherwise it's just coming across as a bit silly. Negan offers nothing, or at least hasn't been shown to offer anything. At least the Gov was a lynchpin in Woodbury. People believed in him. Negan is just a psycho with a bat and everyone is just terrified of him. But, he's not even truly surrounded by loyal henchmen. It's simply not being written convincingly enough. They have to show why people are willing to trust in him, despite his methods. At present, he's just a monster.

As someone else said, in real life Negan would be fragged already.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, we've seen men loyal to Negan - to an almost cultish degree - on the show this season and last, but I do agree that it'd be nice to see more of the why behind their loyalty. There are numerous members of the Saviours who are totally into their role, while others (such as Dwight) have bowed their heads shamefully.

Ireland
    What the show needs is a cadre that are always around Negan and benefit from being completely loyal to him. In a world such as this sef preservation will come to the fore and people will turn a blind eye to the excesses of a Negan like character, if they are to reap the rewards for their loyality. We've seen vague elements of that, but we see - too often - that Negan simply bullies the people in the camp. That alone is simply not enough.

I know we've seen Trevor from GTA5 (where'd he go?) and some randomers, but their needs to be an inner circle type gang. That would make more sense than what we're being shown at the moment, which is largely just terrified people kow-towing. That kind of thing wouldn't last, especially with Negan being so unprotected all the time.

Maybe it'll be written into the show in later episodes, but so far, it isn't working 100%.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    If you serve Negan you get a pretty decent life. Your own room, food, booze, entertainment, you don't work for points, safety, ect. Those that don't live a pretty shitty life; Daryl for example. I believe there are people out in the world that are real life scumbags, criminals, killers, ect, that would follow someone like Negan if it would keep them out of the danger and survival lifestyle away from the Sanctuary. I agree the show can do a bit more to demonstrate this but I understood after 7x3.

Negan works better in comic form but I love the book so I'm gonna be biased a bit. People who don't like him I understand. Me personally, I'm enjoying the character. The season though so far.... Eh could be better. Hopefully it improves.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 07-Dec-2016 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Yoooo

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    What the show needs is a cadre that are always around Negan and benefit from being completely loyal to him. In a world such as this sef preservation will come to the fore and people will turn a blind eye to the excesses of a Negan like character, if they are to reap the rewards for their loyality. We've seen vague elements of that, but we see - too often - that Negan simply bullies the people in the camp. That alone is simply not enough.

I know we've seen Trevor from GTA5 (where'd he go?) and some randomers, but their needs to be an inner circle type gang. That would make more sense than what we're being shown at the moment, which is largely just terrified people kow-towing. That kind of thing wouldn't last, especially with Negan being so unprotected all the time.

Maybe it'll be written into the show in later episodes, but so far, it isn't working 100%.
    I think this would help. Negan is far too exposed and the story displayed doesn't support his survival. And it appears Walkers are once again a nuisance and not a threat.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I'm sorry but was Carl basically on an assassination mission regardless of his own death if need be? Negan walked directly across the path of Carl's rifle. There was no cover or obstruction to prevent Carl from unleashing the vengeance he was after. And that includes sending rounds through the red coat savior Negan walked behind. I know this episode is big for the comic universe but some of the stuff is just rediculous.

There were some cool scenes but the dumb just bothers me.
    Yeh! Was clunky wasn't it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Agreed on Carl's gunfight attack - a little tweak (like the gun jamming) would have been nice to have just to make the scene work a little better and make a smidge more sense. The writers and directors need to catch these little things a bit more. They may be very small touches, but they all add to the logic.
    Yep!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I'm gonna have to agree with the gunfight scene. Everyone made extremely valid points on that one. The actor said that Carl was indeed on a suicide mission. Well, why not just spray and pray?

Then there's Negan just gracefully walking into the way of Carl's "badass gun". I've changed my opinion on this scene after learning of Carl's true intent.

Twitching

United States
    That's the thing though,
    The Writers are committed now. They can't allow anything real-world-like trifling concerns like someone so intent on killing the Big Bad they're willing to DIE to do it. (Ask any Secret Service Agent, and they'll tell you the Assassin they fear the most when protecting a high-value asset like PotUS is one without an exit plan. Without the assistance of blind, stupid LUCK it is all but impossible for agents trained to the peak of human perfection to keep a high-value asset alive versus a committed killer on a one-way death mission.)

But hey, the Saviors have the Secret Service and all their counterparts worldwide beat, yes? ::cue sarcasm set on maximum, rolling of eyes::