Thread: War for the Planet of the Apes (film)

United States

War for the Planet of the Apes (film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEP1Mk6Un98

wow. i've really enjoyed both of the previous films in this current planet of the apes series, and this looks like another home run. woody harrelson improves any film he's in, too, so my hype levels on this one just went nuclear. my ass will be in a theater seat for this one, day one.

Ireland
    Ok, I'm on for that.

The other two films were great and this series is the pinacle of what can be done to reboot a franchise successfully.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Huge fan of the originals and they indeed rebooted this series in a phenomenal way. This flick had my money before I saw a second of footage, but wow....I'm blown away. This has the potential to be the best yet.

Administrator

England
    The graphics continue to improve don't they! Impressive!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    damn this was a solid film. a great finale to an excellent prequel trilogy. i wish i had the time to watch the previous two films to refresh myself on the full story prior to sitting down for this one.

the work by andy serkis was stellar, as always. the evolution of his character and his followers/society has been fully realized with this one. woody was great too, there are some similarities between his character and another famous film colonel which were quite interesting.

definitely worth a watch if you've enjoyed the other recent ones.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    damn this was a solid film. a great finale to an excellent prequel trilogy. i wish i had the time to watch the previous two films to refresh myself on the full story prior to sitting down for this one.

the work by andy serkis was stellar, as always. the evolution of his character and his followers/society has been fully realized with this one. woody was great too, there are some similarities between his character and another famous film colonel which were quite interesting.

definitely worth a watch if you've enjoyed the other recent ones.
    Yep.. A good film...

I'd place it as not as good as the previous two... but still a solid film!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Really enjoyed it.

Saw it in greece tho with greek subtitles. So didnt catch any of the monkey business..