Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Days To Die (video game)

England
    I'm up to day 60 now, I'll put a screen grab up of my fortified house at some point. Hordes are getting more frequent and not just on the blood moon nights, they're relatively easy to deal with during the day when they're just shambling along though. I've read the blueprint for 7.62mm ammo so I can make rounds for my sniper rifle/AK-47 using my forge and workbench, I'm now going out on scavenging runs for lead, brass and the compounds you need to make gunpowder so I've got a good stash of ammo for when the zombies turn up. I found an abandoned prison in the middle of a remote town which I was sorely tempted to start turning into a Walking Dead style camp, but I've put so much work into my current base I decided against it and just broke in to loot it instead. I've also built a minibike now so getting around the map is much quicker and allows much more exploring!
    Treasure maps are a really good find, often you'll find them when you loot zombie corpses after a horde raid, just be aware when you get to the marked spot on the map you'll need to dig to find the chest. I got 20,000 duke tokens in the last one which allowed me to buy a cement mixer and a load of other kit and resources so I can now make cement to reinforce my walls

My next project is going to be digging under my house to build an underground hideout with reinforced walls and an escape tunnel with solid vault doors so if a horde does break in eventually I can hold out down there till morning or just scarper down my tunnel and emerge safely elsewhere...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How easy is it to play co-op then with someone else?
    Shockingly easy. My buddy set up the game and I choose "Connect to Server" and filter by Friends. No DMZ or Port Forwarding required. It takes about 30 seconds to connect and load but it runs smooth as butter from that point on. Your character, skills, items, position all save from where you last exited. Games can be password protected to keep the wonks out. The person who starts the game owns the map so you have to be rather committed to playing together for use of that map/character. For me that works great because if we're not playing together I have other games to keep me occupied. Right off I can't think of anything negative in the multiplayer experience.

Update: We figured out how to spend skill points (yes, we're still nooby)! Now I can actually shoot my bow and kill zombies with a bit of proficiency. We semi-abandoned our desert stronghold due to lack of further scavenging opportunities and the overwhelming problems caused by the desert heat (i.e. thirst, heat stroke). And it appears that the escalating horde problems were isolated to a couple of nights. We've not had significant problems on Days 9 and 10.

@Tricky - keep the updates coming! I probably would've abandoned this game as lame after the first couple of days/nights if I hadn't been tantalized by your descriptions of things to come!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Administrator

England
    So how do you learn how to make all the different items? ie: How do you learn the recipes etc?

And if I'm right, when you're crafting you not only need the right ingredients, but you need to place them in the appropriate shape to craft what you're after?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So how do you learn how to make all the different items? ie: How do you learn the recipes etc?

And if I'm right, when you're crafting you not only need the right ingredients, but you need to place them in the appropriate shape to craft what you're after?
    7 Days has a basic Minecraft mentality for look and feel but with a Terraria-like crafting system. To be more specific, the crafting screen lists all the things 7 Days allows you to build and shows you the ingredients and crafting tools necessary. It is a searchable list so you can whittle down things fairly quickly. So there is not a lot of guesswork. Some more advanced items do require a specific recipe.

Unlike Minecraft you aren't just guessing. And the configuration of crafting items isn't a game concept. If you have the component items you can build the crafted item.

Personally, I find the crafting system a bit clunky. And I do miss the Minecraft discovery of crafting items facet.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

England
    Also you gain skill points all the time so you can spend those for certain perks which open up more crafting options, mainly the ammo perks which let you make rounds for the higher end weapons like the magnum, SMG, AK47 etc. They also let you get perks for stamina, maximum health, building better armour or cooking more filling food etc.

I played for a couple of hours last night and mostly spent it exploring, now I've got the minibike I can start heading out further into the map (which is gigantic!) and easily make it back to camp before 22:00 when the zombies get fast and aggressive. I found an abandoned church in the middle of the desert which I started to clear out of zombies, but got bitten and infected, then started to panic as I realised I had no anti-biotics in my inventory to cure the infection. I was absolutely miles from home so if I'd died there it would have taken me about 3 days in game time to get back there to retrieve my backpack with all my weapons etc in it. Luckily I made it back and used the pills I had in storage just before it killed me!
    Last edited by Tricky; 16-Mar-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Missed a bit...

Administrator

England
    Didn't get on with the game when I bought it... But maybe I need to give it another go after the upcoming big update - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...Diary-Alpha-17!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan