Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Here Alone (film) - Zombie Flick

  1. #1
    Webmaster Neil's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nr London
    Posts
    14,227
    England

    Here Alone (film) - Zombie Flick

    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

  2. #2
    Chasing Prey shootemindehead's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,118
    Ireland
    I read that as 'Home Alone' (film) - Zombie Flick...

    ...and feared the worst.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

  3. #3
    Webmaster Neil's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nr London
    Posts
    14,227
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I read that as 'Home Alone' (film) - Zombie Flick...

    ...and feared the worst.
    Mind you... Have you seen Macaulay Culkin recently?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

  4. #4
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,300
    UK
    Always with the twitchy, screechy runners, innit?

    Anyway, I'll check it out some time (perhaps on the Horror Channel eventually).

    I also read it as "Home Alone zombie flick", to be honest. That little kid Kevin would probably handle zombies quite well with all his tricks and traps and felt tip diagrams/plans.

  5. #5
    Webmaster Neil's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nr London
    Posts
    14,227
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Always with the twitchy, screechy runners, innit?

    Anyway, I'll check it out some time (perhaps on the Horror Channel eventually).

    I also read it as "Home Alone zombie flick", to be honest. That little kid Kevin would probably handle zombies quite well with all his tricks and traps and felt tip diagrams/plans.
    And instant contact lenses on death?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

  6. #6
    Chasing Prey shootemindehead's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,118
    Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Mind you... Have you seen Macaulay Culkin recently?
    Yep. That's what came to mind.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

  7. #7
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,300
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And instant contact lenses on death?
    The biggest piss take was the 'Day of the Dead remake' - you know, the one with the ceiling crawlers? Insta-rot ... ... absolute garbage to a stunning degree.

  8. #8
    Just been bitten
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    128
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The biggest piss take was the 'Day of the Dead remake' - you know, the one with the ceiling crawlers? Insta-rot ... ... absolute garbage to a stunning degree.
    That is point where that nonsense got turned off I think. Or was it when Zombie Ving chases and eats his own eyeball. One of those was the turning off point. A disgrace of a movie. I remember the excitement on here when we thought we might be getting something wonderful on the coat tails of the Dawn Remake. Torus entertainment are bumholes.

  9. #9
    Dying
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    465
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    That is point where that nonsense got turned off I think. Or was it when Zombie Ving chases and eats his own eyeball. One of those was the turning off point. A disgrace of a movie. I remember the excitement on here when we thought we might be getting something wonderful on the coat tails of the Dawn Remake. Torus entertainment are bumholes.
    That movie was not only very bad but in fact it cannot be considered a "remake" of Day in any way, shape or form, unlike the Dawn remake, which can certainly be considered so. The so-called plot bears no resemblance whatsoever to Romero's Day of the Dead. This was just a cheap shot at capitalizing on the name of a well-known zombie movie.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •