Thread: Chainsaw Bunny!

Banned
    Banned User

United States

Chainsaw Bunny!

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/chainsawbunny

Yay!!! Finally a new long animation from takena!! I remember seeing his work first here on a thread for the original Chainsaw Maid animation so many years ago and now a new one at last! <3 So glad this guy is still doing his thing.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know nothing about this or it’s creator, but I dig the animation technique!

Super Moderator

UK
    Sweet! I dig his claymations. He inspired Lee Hardcastle who has done a whole bunch of awesome and gory claymations, so if you enjoy Takena then check out Hardcastle's stuff. I'll check out this video later when I get chance.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Sweet! I dig his claymations. He inspired Lee Hardcastle who has done a whole bunch of awesome and gory claymations, so if you enjoy Takena then check out Hardcastle's stuff. I'll check out this video later when I get chance.
    Thanks for the recommend, Minion! I actually already knew about Lee but maybe someone else hasn't heard of him yet. I believe he did a great music video for Kill the Noise years ago.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Zhombeeeeezzz! lol love your short, bro.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 06-Aug-2018 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Cash rules everything around me
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Zhombeeeeezzz! lol love your short, bro.
    Ah! hehe ... yeah, I made that when I was 15, I think. I had a Hi8 video camera and it had a basic animation mode on it, but of course you had to do everything in one go, so inevitably I'd get bored of animating after a couple of hours. Had the technology been a bit better I might have pursued it a bit more, but nevertheless it was good fun. IIRC that one you're referring to is a combination of two different animations I did, edited together a few years back.

I enjoyed all those times as a teen just messing around with a video camera. A friend of mine also had a camera and we'd make spoofs of films using stuffed toys - basically ripping off what the TV show "The Adam & Joe Show" was doing (give them a look on YouTube - they did four series back in the 1990s) - so we did spoofs off things like Halloween (in which we stabbed a satsuma, with a face drawn on it, to death), or "Night of the Living Ted" (lots of make believe involved as spray paint cans stood in for gravestones, but I did construct a cardboard version of the farm house) and then solo I did "The Evil Ted" (adapting the aforementioned cardboard house into the cabin). Good times.

United States
    Chainsaw Bunny looks dope. Lol

I can imagine claymation is such a time consuming process. Gotta respect it.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."