Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 7x14 "The Other Side" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Administrator

England
    I am confused by the girls thought processes... ie: If they fail, or indeed even succeed in killing Negan, surely they risk letting loose a hornets nests aimed straight back at their friends?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    As far as Eugene is concerned, I don't think he's stone cold Negan; he didn't betray the group just yet. He's just a coward and got caught without a plan when Sasha and Rosita showed up. He didn't want to do anything that would get all three killed. Just my thought on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I am confused by the girls thought processes... ie: If they fail, or indeed even succeed in killing Negan, surely they risk letting loose a hornets nests aimed straight back at their friends?
    It was a suicide mission. They knew the consequences as told by having Sasha tell Enid to be ready for what is coming next. They spent all season building this up with Rosita's anger. People deal with trauma differently. Abraham's women couldn't just sit and wait any longer.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    It was a suicide mission. They knew the consequences as told by having Sasha tell Enid to be ready for what is coming next. They spent all season building this up with Rosita's anger. People deal with trauma differently. Abraham's women couldn't just sit and wait any longer.
    Understood... But even my 14yr old son was crying out how "selfish" they were basically being...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Understood... But even my 14yr old son was crying out how "selfish" they were basically being...
    Aye, that's my biggest frustration with it, and Jesus didn't fight awfully hard to stop her. They've all lost something, they're all hurting, but they all must work together in a single, concerted effort because if it goes pear shaped it's a total gamble who will end up suffering as a result of look (look at how Olivia was killed at random - directly resulting from Rosita's impatient act).

It's fair that you'd have some people splintering off to try and nip the problem in the bud, but ideally the both of them need a dose of sense drilled into them. They're acting selfishly, impulsively, rashly.

Ireland
    Yeh, it's just another element of "stupid" written into 'The Walking Dead'. Am I the only one that thinks it was kind of against character for these two, plus their supporting folk to just go along with this?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I don't see as it as being bad writing because it's meant to be stupid. They write these flaws in for a reason. If every character was written and acted the same and made the exact same decisions than things would get rather bland imo. If Rosita is written as an angry whiny bitch it's because we are supposed to be frustrated with her. Trust me, I'm her biggest fan and I wanted Sasha to slap her so bad for being an ass. Sasha also went through something similar in season 5 after losing Bob and Tyreese, so it wasn't out of character for her. My biggest gripe is they laid it on kinda thick, and there really wasn't any need for that. We got the point.

Now with that said, yes the plan was stupid and selfish haha.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 23-Mar-2017 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Add
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    If they could pull the assassination without getting caught, then they can always pretend they know nothing about it. Who knows who killed Negan, he had many enemies. But "plan B" did not make much sense. Infiltrating the Savior headquarters to kill Negan is a suicide mission and whether Negan gets killed or not surely they are going to know that it was the Alexandrians who were behind it. So the retribution is going straight at them.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    As far as Eugene is concerned, I don't think he's stone cold Negan; he didn't betray the group just yet. He's just a coward and got caught without a plan when Sasha and Rosita showed up. He didn't want to do anything that would get all three killed. Just my thought on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Even with Enid informing Maggie does the Hilltop have the means to fend off a full assault? And how would Alexandria know what's coming? I understand the anger and rage within and everyone wants Negan dead but the communities aren't ready.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Even with Enid informing Maggie does the Hilltop have the means to fend off a full assault? And how would Alexandria know what's coming? I understand the anger and rage within and everyone wants Negan dead but the communities aren't ready.
    Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree with you on that.

I believe the show wanted to get to the same destination as the comic but wanted to take a different approach to keep it fresh. Dwight is a good example of that.

Ireland
    Problem is though, they're rushing and stretching credibility to get there. I actually can't believe we're practically up to 'All Out War' already.

Although, I've said before, AMC can't wait to overstep the comic's position, so they can finally just concertrate on a storyline that's completely their own.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....