Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD 7x14 "The Other Side" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 7x14 "The Other Side" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 7x14 "The Other Side" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
    Written by: Angela Kang

Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Mar-2017 at 05:31 PM.

United States
    Well Sasha you were never my favorite character but you made me care. And Sonequa is very talented actress. RIP Sasha. Daryl and Maggie scene was overdue. Glad that got to happen. That one pulled at the heart.

Rising

United States
    Shouldn't Enid also be hiding? The Saviors know she is an Alexandrian, so she should not be seen at the Hilltop either, since Gregory keeps denying that he has anything to do with Alexandria to try to avoid the Savior's retribution for the massacre at their outpost.

United States
    Loved the Daryl and Maggie scene. It was subtle and not too much on the nose. I felt really bad for Daryl there.

Looks like Rosita ran into Dwight at the end.

Was never a fan of Sasha but she really won me over the last couple seasons. It's not over yet but things don't look good for her. We shall see.

Suddenly, I can hear many female Jesus fans cry in disappointment. Sorry, ladies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Shouldn't Enid also be hiding? The Saviors know she is an Alexandrian, so she should not be seen at the Hilltop either, since Gregory keeps denying that he has anything to do with Alexandria to try to avoid the Savior's retribution for the massacre at their outpost.
    She wasn't in the lineup but was seen at Alexandria. Assuming the Saviors have different groups, like Gavin and Simon have their own guys, as Negan rolls with Arat and the usual thugs we see at Alexandria. Still though I agree, kinda taking a chance there.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 20-Mar-2017 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Update
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    A quiet character episode, really. Some nice bits of business got handled (e.g. Maggie/Daryl, Sasha/Rosita), and you can see the seeds of Gregory/Maggie starting to bear some fruit. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do there as the leadership of The Hilltop comes under the spotlight.

I still don't think Eugene has turned genuinely Negan. I reckon he's working a long game and, at the fence, was scared his friends would get themselves killed.

Not an awful lot to say, really. Hopefully a lot of big stuff happens in the final two episodes of the season to let it go into the summer break with a bang instead of a whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Loved the Daryl and Maggie scene. It was subtle and not too much on the nose. I felt really bad for Daryl there.

Suddenly, I can hear many female Jesus fans cry in disappointment. Sorry, ladies.

- - - Updated - - -

She wasn't in the lineup but was seen at Alexandria. Assuming the Saviors have different groups, like Gavin and Simon have their own guys, as Negan rolls with Arat and the usual thugs we see at Alexandria. Still though I agree, kinda taking a chance there.
    1) Yeah, I dug the lack of dialogue for that first scene, as well. They talked it out in the cellar, but only as much as was needed. So gently handled - nice.

2) I was a little bit surprised that they upheld that aspect from the comics. I wondered if they'd get a bit nervous - in America - having a character called "Jesus" who is homosexual. There'll probably be someone who gets bent out of shape about it, but chill, it's just a name.

3) Why would the Saviours care if Enid was there? Did they place a specific moritorium on 'no Alexandrians in the Hilltop'? I don't recall that happening. If they discovered Daryl or Maggie there, then sure, they'd have a grievance to settle ... but the Saviours will know that people from these groups intermingle between camps on occasion. Otherwise I don't think they're concerned with groups mixing - it's groups working together against them, and escapees from their prison/clutches that they're bothered about.

TWD 7x14 Memes:

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    3) Why would the Saviours care if Enid was there? Did they place a specific moritorium on 'no Alexandrians in the Hilltop'? I don't recall that happening. If they discovered Daryl or Maggie there, then sure, they'd have a grievance to settle ... but the Saviours will know that people from these groups intermingle between camps on occasion. Otherwise I don't think they're concerned with groups mixing - it's groups working together against them, and escapees from their prison/clutches that they're bothered about.
    Because Gregory has repeatedly denied having anything to do with the Alexandrians in order to avoid his group being associated with the massacre at the Savior outpost, and the dire consequences that would carry. He doesn't want the Saviors to see any Alexandrians at the Hilltop.
    Last edited by JDP; 20-Mar-2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: ;

Super Moderator

UK
    I just remembered - where the hell is Heath? He vanished in 7x06 and hasn't been back since ... ... they've really made a balls up of that character. Not enough screen time initially, and the actor's found a bunch of successful roles elsewhere (so he probably can't commit enough time to TWD?) Has Tara mentioned he went missing? It's things like this that make it feel like some of the writers aren't talking to the other writers, so you end up with hanging threads like this.

Perhaps we'll get an answer in the next episode or two?

United States
    I just remembered - where the hell is Heath? He vanished in 7x06 and hasn't been back since ... ... they've really made a balls up of that character. Not enough screen time initially, and the actor's found a bunch of successful roles elsewhere (so he probably can't commit enough time to TWD?) Has Tara mentioned he went missing? It's things like this that make it feel like some of the writers aren't talking to the other writers, so you end up with hanging threads like this.

He found his way back to civilization and became a special forces agent and now is working with CTU agents to stop a terrorist. He's been so busy he hasn't had any time to think about his friends or send help to stop the zombie plague

Ireland

Was thinking that the other day. Plus Tara's only had about 2 seconds screen time as well and no lines? There's just far too many characters in the show now and it's getting worse, not better. At this stage it might be wiser just to leave Heath dead if the actor can't commit to being on set.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    How hard is it to script a few lines for Tara just asking if Heath ever came back? Or that he went missing. They just left his ass out there. Not cool. Reminds me on how they never bothered having Maggie mention Beth at least once as they got split up. Not cool at all.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    How hard is it to script a few lines for Tara just asking if Heath ever came back? Or that he went missing. They just left his ass out there. Not cool. Reminds me on how they never bothered having Maggie mention Beth at least once as they got split up. Not cool at all.
    Aye, small little oversights like that are just silly. Naturally, Maggie would be thinking of Beth, but it would have been nice to just have one small moment to verbalise that.

It's not true, though, that Tara hasn't had any lines - a couple of episodes ago she was wrestling with whether or not to tell Rick about Oceanside (because of their gun collection), and was playing that out while babysitting Judith.

I do agree that there are too many characters in general now. We need to get more of them together at any one time and/or thin the supporting cast herd a bit - I imagine the coming war will help with that!

Administrator

England
    I still don't think Eugene has turned genuinely Negan. I reckon he's working a long game and, at the fence, was scared his friends would get themselves killed.
    I think he's conflicted...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I agree Tara's been fine this season. She'll be given more to do next season.

Can't have a war without "cannon fodder" lol love Gregory.

Ireland
    Yeh, Gregory is great. Those parts are hard to play I would imagine. I mean who would want to play an ass like that? Still though, that actor has it nailed.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    I agree Tara's been fine this season. She'll be given more to do next season.
    Aye, I imagine her pregnancy during season 6 led to them writing her into that 'two week trip' to free up some time at the end of the season for her, and then not getting her back until episode 7x06 would partly be down to giving her a bit more time to get into the working mother groove (plus the first three episodes had to a lot of ground to cover/new groups to introduce).