Thread: new or old movies

Fresh Meat

UK

new or old movies

what zombie films do you like and hate and let me know your views, also who thinks some zombie girls are hot ZARTFinal.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

91.jpg81960e55171abef25360d7024fbe2a38.jpg
    hot or not lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rees1977 View Post
    what zombie films do you like and hate and let me know your views, also who thinks some zombie girls are hot ZARTFinal.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

91.jpg81960e55171abef25360d7024fbe2a38.jpg
    hot or not lol
    when theres no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth x
    IM RUNNING THIS MONKEY FARM FRANKENSTEINzstrip6.jpg
    Last edited by rees1977; 25-Mar-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: was not happy

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I do not watch new movies much. I prefer old stuff. Even if it's considered trash!

Just rewatched Burial Ground yesterday, as there's been a bluray release of that.

14559_5.jpg

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I do not watch new movies much. I prefer old stuff. Even if it's considered trash!

Just rewatched Burial Ground yesterday, as there's been a bluray release of that.

14559_5.jpg
    That movie left so many unanswered questions, like for example: what was the corpse shown in the above picture doing inside a stone flower bed? Or: what was a bear-trap doing in an Italian villa's gardens?? Or: why didn't the humans just get into their cars and leave the cursed villa??? Or: why did the monks become zombies???? Or: why is the "profecy" (sic!) of The Black Spider misspelled ("...and there shall be NIGTHS (sic!) of Terror")?????

United States
    I like a combination of old and new movies. Though I admit new movies today seem like garbage compared to the old ones because of the fact that a majority of them are either remakes or tired sequels drowned in obvious computer effects with no creativity.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My zombie appreciation basically begins and ends with Romero's original trilogy, Night, Dawn, and Day, so older I suppose.There are a few others here and there that I enjoy, but even those are related to Romero in some way, like Shaun and Walking Dead.

And not a big fan of zombie women....

Super Moderator

UK
    Depends on the quality, really. There's some many 'WHATEVER vs Zombies' garbage movies out there, whereby there seems to be little concern over the use of the zombies in general - it's just a sales tool and nothing more.

If the movie's good, then it's good. "Maggie" was a pretty interesting flick, although it was overlong and a smidge too contemplative. "Warm Bodies" was a bit of fun, but ultimately throwaway and it was kinda 'Twilight with Zombies' in some ways. I really enjoyed "Zombeavers" and "Cockneys vs Zombies" - jolly good fun, both of them. I recall thinking "La Horde" was pretty decent, although a bit limited and - of course - it was raptor screaming runners yet again. "Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" was alright, a bit of throwaway fun, but not much more (one of the actors in that was in Season 7 of TWD, btw).

"Shaun of the Dead" is one of the best zombie movies ever made, and perhaps the best zombie movie made so far in the 21st Century. I really like "Land of the Dead", too.

Generally the "older" ones have more charm, even if they're 'bad' ones like "Oasis of the Zombies". Even the ones that were, at the time, kind of cashing in on the trend felt a bit more 'genuine' than so many you have today.

The best serious zombie thing of the 21st Century is, naturally, The Walking Dead ... actually, in my view it's the best thing in zombies since Day of the Dead in 1985.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Depends on the quality, really. There's some many 'WHATEVER vs Zombies' garbage movies out there, whereby there seems to be little concern over the use of the zombies in general - it's just a sales tool and nothing more.

If the movie's good, then it's good. "Maggie" was a pretty interesting flick, although it was overlong and a smidge too contemplative. "Warm Bodies" was a bit of fun, but ultimately throwaway and it was kinda 'Twilight with Zombies' in some ways. I really enjoyed "Zombeavers" and "Cockneys vs Zombies" - jolly good fun, both of them. I recall thinking "La Horde" was pretty decent, although a bit limited and - of course - it was raptor screaming runners yet again. "Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" was alright, a bit of throwaway fun, but not much more (one of the actors in that was in Season 7 of TWD, btw).

"Shaun of the Dead" is one of the best zombie movies ever made, and perhaps the best zombie movie made so far in the 21st Century. I really like "Land of the Dead", too.

Generally the "older" ones have more charm, even if they're 'bad' ones like "Oasis of the Zombies". Even the ones that were, at the time, kind of cashing in on the trend felt a bit more 'genuine' than so many you have today.

The best serious zombie thing of the 21st Century is, naturally, The Walking Dead ... actually, in my view it's the best thing in zombies since Day of the Dead in 1985.
    I can relate to the part about even the "bad" older zombie movies having a unique charm. Take Hell of the Living Dead aka Night of the Zombies for example. That movie was absolute garbage and yet it's one of my top 4 favorite zombie movies of all time. Director Bruno Mattei knew how to turn crappy movies into a work of art.
    Last edited by LivingDeadGuy; 10-Apr-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGuy View Post
    I can relate to the part about even the "bad" older zombie movies having a unique charm. Take Hell of the Living Dead aka Night of the Zombies for example. That movie was absolute garbage and yet it's one of my top 4 favorite zombie movies of all time. Director Bruno Mattei knew how to turn crappy movies into a work of art.
    That movie was hilarious, I always liked it. The funny dialogue (like the Mahatma Gandhi quote bit), the unbelievable stupidity of most of the human characters (Zantoro addressing the other characters: "You have to shoot them in the head in order to kill them. Got it?" The other characters: "Yeah, OK." Next scene they are pumping bullets all over the zombies EXCEPT THE HEAD. This vicious circle of consummate stupidity continues on and on throughout the film, much to the audience's amazement), the over-the-top unapologetic gore (like Lia's death scene), it all makes up for an entertaining piece of bizarre filmmaking. Could have used much less of that National Geographic/Audubon Society animal footage, though. Mattei was such "cheapo" director, always trying to cut corners and save money.
    Last edited by JDP; 10-Apr-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: ;

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    That movie was hilarious, I always liked it. The funny dialogue (like the Mahatma Gandhi quote bit), the unbelievable stupidity of most of the human characters (Zantoro addressing the other characters: "You have to shoot them in the head in order to kill them? Got it?" The other characters: "Yeah, OK." Next scene they are pumping bullets all over the zombies EXCEPT THE HEAD. This vicious circle of consummate stupidity continues on and on throughout the film, much to the audience's amazement), the over-the-top unapologetic gore (like Lia's death scene), it all makes up for an entertaining piece of bizarre filmmaking. Could have used much less of that National Geographic/Audubon Society animal footage, though. Mattei was such "cheapo" director, always trying to cut corners and save money.
    Lol i completely agree and I loved the film's blunt message about how developed countries exploit the third world countries. That movie didnt sugarcoat anything.

United States
    The first zombie film I saw was NOTLD...my father sat me down in front of the tv at the age of six and told me I was in for a treat. Needless to say it scared the sh!t out of me but it also caught my attention. In '79 or '80 I snuck into the theater to watch Lucio Fulci's Zombie. That's all it took to hook me. I watch old/new serious/campy as well as the mindlessly stupid ones.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    If you are still in a look for a good and tested best flushing toilet that suits your home. Then check this Kohler Santa Rosa https://bestflushingtoilet.org/kohle...-rosa-reviews/. The toilet is made with attention to detail and it will easily match with different bathroom designs. It doesn’t matter if the bathroom is small or big. So don't miss this flushing toilet.
    Last edited by Zephyrtowsky; 24-Jan-2020 at 08:20 AM. Reason: change

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrtowsky View Post
    Just finished watching "Train to Busan".
    And??
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Night, Dawn, Day for me

Then Shawn and then infected movies 28 Days and 28 Weeks

And also Fulci’s Zombie which is a really low low budget masterpiece. Nothing creepier than that one. Saw it in the movies when I was about 13 years old and it fucked me up for a while
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Jan-2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Duplicated post text deleted.