Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: TWD 7x15 "Something They Need" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

  1. #16
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,138
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I'm in the opposite camp. I'd off Rosita and keep Tara. I like her quirkiness and I think the actress is doing a good job myself. Rosita is a bit of a cliche and Sasha has always been a bit meh for me too, to be honest.

    Plus, fat?

    No. Up the duff.
    She's a fun character but to me she peaked back in season 4.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Chicago Walker stalker

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ofcourse I am aware she had a kid....in November of 2015. I don't expect an instant and I don't expect skin and bones healthy for any actors but I expect serious would put more effort in their roles. I don't hate her for it what so ever. Ah damnit yea I had no business picking on her. I'm done.
    Nice. I'm going in Dec, can't wait.

    The actress playing Tara is looking quite good these days. Looks like she's working on it.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 28-Mar-2017 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Tara
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  2. #17
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,425
    UK
    I'm a fan of Tara - she brings some levity and wit to proceedings, a bit of a sly observation or two to throw into the mix. It helps ground the show a bit more to balance out the likes of Rick, Michonne, and Daryl. Folks like Tara and Eugene are more 'normal', if that makes sense? They're not superheroes and they have a different voice which keeps things interesting when going up against the big guns.

    My main issue with Sasha and Rosita this season is their sheer lack of self-awareness. Sure, they've got beef and grief by the bucket load, but so does everyone else - hell, Maggie lost her husband and father of her unborn child, and yet she's got her head screwed on and biding her time. Jesus needed to fight harder to knock some sense into Sasha, and Gabriel for Rosita - but some people are willfully blind and become hellbent on revenge at any cost. I think their arc could have been worked in a bit better throughout this season as sometimes they do things that, to me at least, they're too smart to be doing.

  3. #18
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,138
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm a fan of Tara - she brings some levity and wit to proceedings, a bit of a sly observation or two to throw into the mix. It helps ground the show a bit more to balance out the likes of Rick, Michonne, and Daryl. Folks like Tara and Eugene are more 'normal', if that makes sense? They're not superheroes and they have a different voice which keeps things interesting when going up against the big guns.

    My main issue with Sasha and Rosita this season is their sheer lack of self-awareness. Sure, they've got beef and grief by the bucket load, but so does everyone else - hell, Maggie lost her husband and father of her unborn child, and yet she's got her head screwed on and biding her time. Jesus needed to fight harder to knock some sense into Sasha, and Gabriel for Rosita - but some people are willfully blind and become hellbent on revenge at any cost. I think their arc could have been worked in a bit better throughout this season as sometimes they do things that, to me at least, they're too smart to be doing.
    I gotta agree. I'm happy Rosita actually got a storyline but it's a really frustrating one that made everyone hate the character. Sasha definitely has history with selfishness and suicidal behavior so it's within character.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  4. #19
    Dead facestabber's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    601
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    She's a fun character but to me she peaked back in season 4.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nice. I'm going in Dec, can't wait.

    The actress playing Tara is looking quite good these days. Looks like she's working on it.
    It really is a great time. I love it more than my kids too. The pinnacle this year was finally meeting Lauren Cohan and Scott Wilson. Lauren is drop dead gorgeous and sweet. Scott was a genuine and humble guy. I will try and post pics later.

    On topic the season has been up and down but I still love the show and hate waiting till October.

  5. #20
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,138
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    It really is a great time. I love it more than my kids too. The pinnacle this year was finally meeting Lauren Cohan and Scott Wilson. Lauren is drop dead gorgeous and sweet. Scott was a genuine and humble guy. I will try and post pics later.

    On topic the season has been up and down but I still love the show and hate waiting till October.
    Yeah, this will be my third time. It's great fun; especially walking around double fisting coronas because the beer line is horrendously long haha.

    This back half has been much better than the first half for me. I hate the structure this season and some of the character portrayals but I always enjoy it in the long run.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 28-Mar-2017 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Err
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  6. #21
    Dead
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    527
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I gotta agree. I'm happy Rosita actually got a storyline but it's a really frustrating one that made everyone hate the character.
    I don't know why. She has every reason to be frustrated and pissed off. Besides all the other mess that's going on in the world she lives in, she got majorly dumped in her personal life. Abraham was a valuable asset to the group and all, but in the end he treated her like crap by dumping her "cold turkey", no logical explanations for his action, no serious attempt at communication, nothing. Not cool, dude.

  7. #22
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,138
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I don't know why. She has every reason to be frustrated and pissed off. Besides all the other mess that's going on in the world she lives in, she got majorly dumped in her personal life. Abraham was a valuable asset to the group and all, but in the end he treated her like crap by dumping her "cold turkey", no logical explanations for his action, no serious attempt at communication, nothing. Not cool, dude.
    Ive said this before while defending Rosita. I just believe they kinda forced it a bit much. I think Christian did an excellent job with it but casual fans don't like to see the greater picture. They just see her as annoying. Just my observation. Doesn't matter to me in the end, I get it. I wanted Sasha to slap her bad and that was the writers intent. My biggest gripe on it is that they should have toned it down a tad. She's still my favorite Latina although her Spanish is pretty terrible haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  8. #23
    Just been bitten Harleydude666's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    146
    United States
    I have no problem with Sasha or the Sonequa who plays her. But her story of vengeance is just downright retarded and laughable. They showed no storyline of her and Abe's romance over a period of time, it was like I like you and you like me and now he's dead and I just lost the love of my life of 10 years. Gimme a break. I get Rosita's hurt

  9. #24
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,138
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    I have no problem with Sasha or the Sonequa who plays her. But her story of vengeance is just downright retarded and laughable. They showed no storyline of her and Abe's romance over a period of time, it was like I like you and you like me and now he's dead and I just lost the love of my life of 10 years. Gimme a break. I get Rosita's hurt
    Spot on.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  10. #25
    Dead Craig's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    618
    United Kingdom
    I've really enjoyed this seasons so far, not so much because it's been especially strong itself but for me it's gotten to the point where I'm willing to forgive most things, y'know? I mean especially with the introduction of the various and unusual survivor groups it really is more like a cartoon or a comic and I'm less worried about things like realism and believe-ability now as I once might have been.

    A big part of the fun now is getting together with my sister and her fiance to watch it. Each week without fail my sister will sing-along and mime conducting the theme tune when it kicks in and each episode offers new opportunities to make jokes at the expense of the characters and ad-lib our own dialogue or plot twists. I'm looking forward to some shit going down in the finale.

  11. #26
    Dead facestabber's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    601
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    I have no problem with Sasha or the Sonequa who plays her. But her story of vengeance is just downright retarded and laughable. They showed no storyline of her and Abe's romance over a period of time, it was like I like you and you like me and now he's dead and I just lost the love of my life of 10 years. Gimme a break. I get Rosita's hurt
    This is truth. Well said. Sonequa is one of the better actors on the show. But the Abe/Sasha love story was in its infancy. It was never translated well to the audience. Everyone in that lineup would understandably have emotional fallout and even a lifetime of trauma. But Abe/Sasha ended up being one of the writers way of telling us "thats the way it is" without showing us. To avoid spoilers or speculation I will refrain from diving too far into this topic. But my brain has an idea that may explain the driving force behind this issue. Check back in Sunday night and I will know if my gut is correct.

  12. #27
    Just been bitten Harleydude666's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    146
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    This is truth. Well said. Sonequa is one of the better actors on the show. But the Abe/Sasha love story was in its infancy. It was never translated well to the audience. Everyone in that lineup would understandably have emotional fallout and even a lifetime of trauma. But Abe/Sasha ended up being one of the writers way of telling us "thats the way it is" without showing us. To avoid spoilers or speculation I will refrain from diving too far into this topic. But my brain has an idea that may explain the driving force behind this issue. Check back in Sunday night and I will know if my gut is correct.
    You gonna tell us Sasha is pregnant???

  13. #28
    Dead
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    527
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    You gonna tell us Sasha is pregnant???
    Yes, and it is Shane's!!!

  14. #29
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,138
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    This is truth. Well said. Sonequa is one of the better actors on the show. But the Abe/Sasha love story was in its infancy. It was never translated well to the audience. Everyone in that lineup would understandably have emotional fallout and even a lifetime of trauma. But Abe/Sasha ended up being one of the writers way of telling us "thats the way it is" without showing us. To avoid spoilers or speculation I will refrain from diving too far into this topic. But my brain has an idea that may explain the driving force behind this issue. Check back in Sunday night and I will know if my gut is correct.
    For Sasha, she finally found someone that grounded her and was willing to say f*ck it and start a family during all this madness. Someone she could settle down with and leave the walker world behind with. They had Alexandria and they had walls. Also, if Maggie and Glenn could do it so could her and Abe. Negan took that away from her. At least that's how I justify it. I do agree it's kinda thrown together quickly but one could also argue the seeds were placed back in season 5.

    Without spoilers, the character Sasha took over from the comics knew Abraham for a lot less of the time that Sasha did. In the end, I'm ok with it.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  15. #30
    Chasing Prey shootemindehead's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,153
    Ireland
    /\

    To me, this is the problem with writing this type of "soap opera" storyline. The writers wanted some "ooooohhh" in their plot having Abe do an about face and ditch Rositia for Sasha, something that really came out of nowhere and I'll be honest, that never sat right with me for a second - rather like Rick's hookup with Michone (that's just bullshit) - and it just makes Abe look like a dick. My wife got really pissed off with him . Now, we have a pretty unrealistic reaction to Abe's murder, from Sasha, who's going on like (as said earlier) she just lost the love of her life.

    None of it rings true and it feels completely hollow.

    Far too often, writers stick in a love story, because they've either run out of road with a character or they just don't have enough story to fill the running time (a lot of war movies suffer from this issue). Problem is, you need to build a love story gradually so it means something, or have it already established when you introduce your character, otherwise it doesn't feel organic.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •