Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 7x15 "Something They Need" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 7x15 "Something They Need" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 7x15 "Something They Need" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael Slovis
    Written by: Corey Reed

Last edited by MinionZombie; 27-Mar-2017 at 04:19 PM.

United States
    Not expecting anything major. You just know they are gonna save the juicy material for the finale.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Rick toting a Galil!!!! Nice to see Eric out on a mission but I can only guess it won't end well for him lol. Opposite of Eric I met Ross Marquardt yesterday and I must say he is one heck of a good guy. Very humble and very intelligent guy.

Well the stage is set. Sad to see season about to end.

Undisclosed
    Overall it was a decent episode. They most certainly are gearing up for the finale next weekend. Still, I feel a little cheated. I would have liked to have seen Tara tell Rick about the weapons at Oceanside and what led up to it. I feel as though the earlier portion of this episode was rushed. I don't need the writers to walk me through the whole hour but they did make an issue of Tara not telling Rick in earlier episodes. I just would have liked to have seen that scene. Should be exciting next week though I don't know what I'll watch after the finale. Won't have Game of Thrones to jump right in to.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    Overall it was a decent episode. They most certainly are gearing up for the finale next weekend. Still, I feel a little cheated. I would have liked to have seen Tara tell Rick about the weapons at Oceanside and what led up to it. I feel as though the earlier portion of this episode was rushed. I don't need the writers to walk me through the whole hour but they did make an issue of Tara not telling Rick in earlier episodes. I just would have liked to have seen that scene. Should be exciting next week though I don't know what I'll watch after the finale. Won't have Game of Thrones to jump right in to.
    Or how about: how come Rosita did not kill Dwight on the spot and instead "captured" him? Rosita hates that dude and my impression is that her immediate reaction after spotting him would be to quickly draw, aim & fire and ask questions later. Or: how come Sasha allowed herself to be captured alive? This was supposed to be a suicide mission. She was ready to die in the attempt to kill Negan, so her capture came up as a surprise. Hopefully we will eventually get answers to these questions.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Or how about: how come Rosita did not kill Dwight on the spot and instead "captured" him? Rosita hates that dude and my impression is that her immediate reaction after spotting him would be to quickly draw, aim & fire and ask questions later. Or: how come Sasha allowed herself to be captured alive? This was supposed to be a suicide mission. She was ready to die in the attempt to kill Negan, so her capture came up as a surprise. Hopefully we will eventually get answers to these questions.
    Rosita witnessed the arrow through the eye incident. I too struggle as to how Dwight had anything more than a split second to breath before Rosita would shoot him. Rosita was on a suicide mission a few seconds earlier so why not kill the turd who murdered Denise? I did love Daryl's reaction. If Rick Grimes wasn't between them I have no doubt Daryl would have killed him. But yea either Rosita is a reckless assasin or she is a calculated and team player assasin. Seconds apart between those two ideals seems forced.

Super Moderator

UK
    Not getting to see Sasha's attack on the Sanctuary was more of a bummer for me. Seeing a scene of Tara telling Rick about Oceanside would have been filler. We know why she didn't, we know why she now is, we know Rick would be a smidge peeved but happy in the end.

I agree on the Rosita/Dwight thing - I'd like to know the mechanics of that exchange. I understand it wasn't shown to allow for the reveal of the final scene, although we'd all guessed it was Dwight in the shadows (especially as Daryl was with Rick & Co on the Oceanside mission) ... so it's a weird sort of thing to try and 'hide' from the audience. Doesn't feel very well conceived and positioned. There's been a few such moments like that throughout this season where it feels like the writers' mojo is off - as if they're not quite working together as well as before, so scenes from one episode clash with another, or certain events don't make a whole heck of a lot of sense.

I like the Daryl/Dwight set up, though. It's a nice addition to the existing Dwight material from the comics.

Anyway - Oceanside was better in this episode because we had a whole bunch of our familiar chums in the lead. It was good to see the schism between their leader and Rick, and how the people of Oceanside were pretty keen to fight back. They obviously owe a lot to their leader, but that yearning for action, to exact vengeance on the Saviours, was palpable. The barnacle walkers were cool.

Good scenes with Sasha/Negan - especially to begin with. It was interesting to see something we rarely see on this show - the threat of rape. If the zombie apocalypse really did come there'd be so much lawlessness in its wake that such a hideous act would be common. Naturally, TWD can't really stray into that territory - we've had suggestions and threats of it in the past (e.g. the Claimers, The Governor vs Maggie). This was an interesting episode for the culture of The Saviours - that they have rules to abide by, but that they have attracted some of the worst and weakest people to their cause. Moral fibre is in short supply in the Sanctuary, it seems.

Perhaps Eugene doesn't have much of a plan in the works, after all - maybe he has been cowed by fear once again. It was just that assured look he gave after walking away from Negan in his episode when he first arrived at The Sanctuary.

One thing I particularly liked - Jesus saying that he should have fought harder to convince Sasha and Rosita to not run off. Damn straight!

TWD 7x15 Meme:

United States
    Rosita didn't shoot because Dwight was in the dark. Honestly, from the silhouette I thought it was Daryl on first sight. It was clearly meant to look like that. Just look at her expression at the end. She was confused and unsure. Dwight didn't even have a weapon pulled out on her. It's not perfect and might be stretching it a little bit it makes sense. Now, you can say "Well why didn't she shoot him after?" I would like to know too. Maybe we'll get some answers but in the comic Dwight kinda appears out of nowhere too so I can live with it.

I agree thought about not showing Sasha getting captured. I would have loved to see her killing Saviors before being taken down. She wanted to go down fighting, not suicide. She failed on all accounts and now she's left with the worst choice.

Didn't need a long explanation from Tara. I loved how they didn't waste too much time in Oceanside. They would usually spend and entire episode on something like that. I'm happy.

Everything involving Negan/Sasha/Eugene was great. Awesome comic moment come to life.

Gregory was fantastic yet again. How perfect was that casting?
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Rosita didn't shoot because Dwight was in the dark. Honestly, from the silhouette I thought it was Daryl on first sight. It was clearly meant to look like that. Just look at her expression at the end. She was confused and unsure. Dwight didn't even have a weapon pulled out on her. It's not perfect and might be stretching it a little bit it makes sense. Now, you can say "Well why didn't she shoot him after?" I would like to know too. Maybe we'll get some answers but in the comic Dwight kinda appears out of nowhere too so I can live with it.

I agree thought about not showing Sasha getting captured. I would have loved to see her killing Saviors before being taken down. She wanted to go down fighting, not suicide. She failed on all accounts and now she's left with the worst choice.

Didn't need a long explanation from Tara. I loved how they didn't waste too much time in Oceanside. They would usually spend and entire episode on something like that. I'm happy.

Everything involving Negan/Sasha/Eugene was great. Awesome comic moment come to life.

Gregory was fantastic yet again. How perfect was that casting?
    I certainly wouldn't expect Rosita to shoot at a target she didn't identify. Lol. I just meant as soon as she ID'd Dwight he was a dead man. That Denise murder still bothers me. Has to bother Rosita Daryl and Eugene too. Trust me I'd rather see the rational Rosita instead of the reckless one. But talk about inconsistent.

I'm gonna be a little mean here. I never expressed love for Tara. She has had a few memorable moments for sure but I just don't care for her acting. Swap her for Sasha right now. There are some damn talented actors on this show and she isn't one of them. As rude as this may be she is the only actor to get fat during the ZA. The show tries to hide it with her clothes but it's too much.

United States
    Sasha told Rosita the group needed her sacrificing herself in the process. I'm sure Rosita was thinking with her head here instead of her anger. I'm assuming Dwight put down his weapons and said he has a plan that could help.

I would trade Tara for Sasha too. If Rosita dies before Tara I'm gonna drown myself in a bottle of tequila.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 27-Mar-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Boop

United States
    Sasha told Rosita the group needed her sacrificing herself in the process. I'm sure Rosita was thinking with her head here instead of her anger. I'm assuming Dwight put down his weapons and said he has a plan that could help.

I would trade Tara for Sasha too. If Rosita dies before Tara I'm gonna drown myself in a bottle of tequila.
    Speaking of Tequila Steven Ogg told me he can't stand it or whiskey. He is a beer man. My daughters were intimidated prior to meeting him. Then he shook their hands and joked around with him. Nice guy. He gave off an impression that he isn't too thrilled about his lack of screen time. Granted that's how I read his comments.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Speaking of Tequila Steven Ogg told me he can't stand it or whiskey. He is a beer man. My daughters were intimidated prior to meeting him. Then he shook their hands and joked around with him. Nice guy. He gave off an impression that he isn't too thrilled about his lack of screen time. Granted that's how I read his comments.
    Where did you meet him?
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 28-Mar-2017 at 07:14 AM. Reason: ....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    As rude as this may be she is the only actor to get fat during the ZA. The show tries to hide it with her clothes but it's too much.
    Or, rather, Alanna Masterson got pregnant. Same thing with Sonequa Martin-Green (the black t-shirt, Bob's large military shirt). It was harder to hide in Tara's case, but life goes on outside of these shows, and not everyone can drop the extra weight in an instant.

Ireland
    I'm in the opposite camp. I'd off Rosita and keep Tara. I like her quirkiness and I think the actress is doing a good job myself. Rosita is a bit of a cliche and Sasha has always been a bit meh for me too, to be honest.

Plus, fat?

No. Up the duff.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Where did you meet him?
    Chicago Walker stalker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Or, rather, Alanna Masterson got pregnant. Same thing with Sonequa Martin-Green (the black t-shirt, Bob's large military shirt). It was harder to hide in Tara's case, but life goes on outside of these shows, and not everyone can drop the extra weight in an instant.
    Ofcourse I am aware she had a kid....in November of 2015. I don't expect an instant and I don't expect skin and bones healthy for any actors but I expect serious would put more effort in their roles. I don't hate her for it what so ever. Ah damnit yea I had no business picking on her. I'm done.