Thread: US Solar Eclipse 21st August

Administrator

England

US Solar Eclipse 21st August

So any of you US folks planning on watching it.

I'm still trying to see if I can get to South Carolina to see it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Yes, and bring your guns, machetes & baseball bats because you know what it means: ZOMBIES WILL BE COMING OUT OF THE GROUND!!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yes, and bring your guns, machetes & baseball bats because you know what it means: ZOMBIES WILL BE COMING OUT OF THE GROUND!!!
    I've got some pointy nail scissors if they'll help?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

This is the first I've heard of the eclipse...

But South Carolina, you say? That's my neck of the woods, come down to Atlanta and I can show you TWD locations and crew!
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Apr-2017 at 10:37 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This is the first I've heard of the eclipse...

But South Carolina, you say? That's my neck of the woods, come down to Atlanta and I can show you TWD locations and crew!
    Christ dude

This is potential bucket list stuff... Don't miss it if you're close enough to get to totality!
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    I've got some pointy nail scissors if they'll help?
    Yes, specially if they are like mine:

England
    I'm interested in this having caught the travel bug again after an amazing experience in Mexico.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I'm interested in this having caught the travel bug again after an amazing experience in Mexico.
    Sorry? You caught an eclipse in Mexico?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Sorry? You caught an eclipse in Mexico?
    No. I used to travel a lot but for various reasons, mainly financial, i hadn't been anywhere for years. I went to Tenerife for a holiday before Crimbo and Mexico for a music festival after and it's just reminded me how good for the soul a change of country/environment is. A total eclipse in a foreign country appeals enormously to me
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA