Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Zombie Occupations?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGuy View Post
    I always figured he died in his costume while preforming. I mean the zombie outbreak in Romero's movies spread all around the world at once and I'm sure a lot of people were caught off guard by the zombies and were killed either by the zombies themselves or by the riots of people who were shooting and destroying things. When they came back as zombies they obviously wore whatever they had on at the time of their death.
    Yeah. Perhaps the clown zombie was in the middle of a kid's birthday party, had a heart attack, and died - but then resurrected before his costume could be removed. Perhaps he's the only clown zombie in the entire world?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah. Perhaps the clown zombie was in the middle of a kid's birthday party, had a heart attack, and died - but then resurrected before his costume could be removed. Perhaps he's the only clown zombie in the entire world?
    Or he could have simply been killed by another zombie or a riot during a child's birthday or during a circus show like most of the zombies are implied to have died. And I imagine that it's possible to have more than one clown zombie in the world I mean both Land of the Dead and Diary of the Dead had two different clown zombies. A lot of clowns probably died during the apocalypse just like everybody else.

I mean the zombies are implied to have been killed and transformed by other zombies while they were in the middle of doing whatever they were doing that day. Bride zombie obviously got killed on her wedding day, nurse zombie probably got killed while working at a hospital, football player zombies probably got killed during a football game, etc.

Rising

United States
    Or he could have simply been killed by another zombie or a riot during a child's birthday or during a circus show like most of the zombies are implied to have died. And I imagine that it's possible to have more than one clown zombie in the world I mean both Land of the Dead and Diary of the Dead had two different clown zombies. A lot of clowns probably died during the apocalypse just like everybody else.

I mean the zombies are implied to have been killed and transformed by other zombies while they were in the middle of doing whatever they were doing that day. Bride zombie obviously got killed on her wedding day, nurse zombie probably got killed while working at a hospital, football player zombies probably got killed during a football game, etc.
    The difference is that most of those other occupations require to wear those uniforms/garbs pretty much all day long. So the chances of someone getting killed while wearing a nun's or a soldier's garb/uniform are way higher than the sporadic guy wearing a clown suit for some children party. And once the performance is done, he gets out of the costume. I don't think anyone likes going around their daily business in full clown regalia. You just don't see as many clowns around as you see people from those other occupations. So the chances of someone dying in a clown suit seem quite slim.

Another thing: from what we can see of the clown zombie, it does not look like he was bitten by zombies, at least not in a vital area like the throat, which would have caused him to die pretty fast. So even if he was bitten, it seems like it was not in a place that would have caused him to die fast. Why didn't he get out of his clown costume, then? Do you think someone is going to go around trying to survive a zombie crisis wearing a clown costume?

United States
    I don't think Romeo thought that deep when coming up with hero zombies. He just looked for occupations and what would stand out. This is the guy that had someone catch a zombie with a fishing pole.

TBH, though, I was always intrigued with those hero zombies and kinda made up my own reasons and stories.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I don't think Romeo thought that deep when coming up with hero zombies. He just looked for occupations and what would stand out. This is the guy that had someone catch a zombie with a fishing pole.

TBH, though, I was always intrigued with those hero zombies and kinda made up my own reasons and stories.
    Same here. I always liked guessing what they were doing before they died and turned into zombies.

And honestly if a guy wants to try and survive a zombie apocalypse wearing a full clown suit who are we to judge?
    Last edited by LivingDeadGuy; 14-Apr-2017 at 02:27 AM. Reason: zombie clown rights

Fresh Meat

United States

Post Man Zombie

I can think of a few good reasons like maybe there was a circus or amusement park or child's birthday party nearby. A lot of the zombies in Day of the Dead stood out like the football players and bride zombie and I always imagined that they came from whatever town was closest to the missle silo where the main characters were taking shelter.
    I found the postman zombie chained to a mail box rather disturbing for some reason!

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by katholiday View Post
    I found the postman zombie chained to a mail box rather disturbing for some reason!
    Was that in Day?

England
    I've always liked the military zombies, it makes me think of what happened during their last stand and how they were overrun

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Darabont had actually planned to make an episode focused on that soldier and his group. I'm assuming that was the reason he cast Sam Witwer as the tank zombie. But of course AMC shafted Darabont before it could ever happen....
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Apr-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I think zombie soldiers and zombie cops are useful in the way of providing free ammo and guns for the survivors who kill them.

Super Moderator

UK
    I think zombie soldiers and zombie cops are useful in the way of providing free ammo and guns for the survivors who kill them.
    Military Zombies - the most helpful ghouls in the zombie apocalypse.

Least useful? Nuns and the like - they ain't packin' bugger all!

United States
    I think the most "harmless" zombies have to be either baby zombies with no teeth or old lady zombies with no dentures.

Super Moderator

UK
    I think the most "harmless" zombies have to be either baby zombies with no teeth or old lady zombies with no dentures.
    I wonder if you were bit by a zombie with dentures if that would still work? ... ... I suppose so, because if the virus is transferred through a bite (e.g. in saliva) then it wouldn't matter if it was dentures or real teeth breaking the skin, just as long as the skin was broken and the virus was able to infect you.

Or imagine being gummed by a toothless zombie! Have we ever seen that in a movie before?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 16-Apr-2017 at 10:00 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't specifically recall any toothless zombies, but I remember TWD having a jawless, Doctor Tongue-like walker...

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't specifically recall any toothless zombies, but I remember TWD having a jawless, Doctor Tongue-like walker...
    Also the zombies that Michonne and Andrea removed their jaws on purpose so they could not bite.

And, of course, Dr. Tongue himself, not just the "tribute" zombie in TWD, even though they technically still had some teeth left in the upper jaw.
    Last edited by JDP; 16-Apr-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: ;