Resident Evil Outbreak
    Siren
    Siren Blood Curse
    House of the Dead Overkill
    CarnEvil
    Lone Survivor
    Fallout 3
    Left 4 Dead
    Last edited by LivingDeadGuy; 10-Apr-2017 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added one more to my list

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Fallout 3 did have some great zombie atmosphere, in the metro stations. My favorite is No More Room in Hell, tho. Great Multiplayer fun.

Super Moderator

UK
    I've remarked before here on HPOTD how it would be cool to have a game like Fallout 3 which was set during a zombie apocalypse - but that the zombies were all shamblers. No runners, no 'tanks', none of that "they're stronger at night with red eyes" bullshit - just normal zombies. You'd face off against other humans with the ability to join forces or get into fights with them, scavenge for resources, build a defended home, and generally survive ... all in a AAA quality game, not some cobbled together Steam Only Beta with a bunch of stolen assets and duff controls or something.

United States
    I think that would be a splendid idea to have an open world zombie game done in the style of Fallout in 3.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've remarked before here on HPOTD how it would be cool to have a game like Fallout 3 which was set during a zombie apocalypse - but that the zombies were all shamblers. No runners, no 'tanks', none of that "they're stronger at night with red eyes" bullshit - just normal zombies. You'd face off against other humans with the ability to join forces or get into fights with them, scavenge for resources, build a defended home, and generally survive ... all in a AAA quality game, not some cobbled together Steam Only Beta with a bunch of stolen assets and duff controls or something.
    7 Days to Die is pretty much what you're describing there, it's kind of like Minecraft but with pretty decent graphics and better physics. On standard settings the zombies do get more aggressive and fast at night, but you can change it so they shamble at all times. I've put over 100 hours into it in just over a month, it's very addictive! You can play online and team up with your buddies too.

United States
    For me personally I like the zombie games that are set up like an actual horror movie which is why I love the old Resident Evil games and the Siren games.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Isn't that pretty much Dying Light?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Isn't that pretty much Dying Light?
    Dying Light is getting towards that, but still not what I'm after.

The one Tricky mentions sounds interesting, although I don't play games on PC any more, let alone online.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Dying Light is getting towards that, but still not what I'm after.

The one Tricky mentions sounds interesting, although I don't play games on PC any more, let alone online.
    Yeah but 7 Days to Die definetly isn't an AAA title.

Super Moderator

UK
    So, again, not quite what I'm after still from my original description. This obsession with L4D style 'zombie types' bugs the crap out of me. It's like in movies that opt for runners - it feels like the lazy thing to do, as if the makers can't be bothered to create scenarios in which shamblers work - or to just even cover them/visualise them in such a way that they work.

England
    This is true, however I've had more enjoyment and put more hours into it than any of the so called AAA titles that I've bought in the last couple of years.

United States
    CarnEvil was a freaky zombie game full of zombie carnies. I wish it was ported to game systems as a download.