Thread: FTWD Returning 5th June

England

FTWD Returning 5th June

Super Moderator

UK
    Meh...

I'd prefer it if they cut the episode order to something like 10 episodes so they could hack out an awful lot of filler that FTWD unfortunately has a lot of. I'll watch it and keep up with it, but Season 2 did a lot to squander the promise of those first few episodes of Season 1.

The double episode premiere/mid-season finale thing is a good idea, though. Hopefully they clear FTWD out of the way a few weeks before TWD returns (like they did in advance of Season 7), because that worked much better than leaping straight into TWD, which had its thunder stolen by several weeks of FTWD in advance of Season 6.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 30-Apr-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Yeh, the second half of the last season really improved IMHO.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Shocking to myself I only watched a few episodes last season till I tuned out. I may give it another try though.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Shocking to myself I only watched a few episodes last season till I tuned out. I may give it another try though.
    Well, the first half of last season nearly made me give in...

But the second half really improved IMHO!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, the first half of last season nearly made me give in...

But the second half really improved IMHO!
    Compared to the first half, sure, but overall the show is far behind TWD. Plus, now that they've blown past the earliest days of the ZA (the entire point of the show being created!) there's little real purpose in FTWD even being on the air.

Hopefully they've make big improvements in Season 3 ... we'll see.

Ireland
    Gave up before the end of the last series. It's too cheap, there's not enough zombies, I don't really think any of the characters are any use and it feels like a bit of a con as the promise of the show (detailing the breakdown of society) was completely skipped.

It feels like a zombie show that would have been made in the 90's. Low budget, very tame and very meh.

I might give the last few episodes of last year a look and see what this year looks like, but this thing never really had any steam. I keep wanting this to be better, but tbh, if it was anything other than zombies I wouldn't bother.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    The last few episodes of season 2 were pretty great; not without it's flaws, but very satisfying.

New trailer looks dope.

I'm not really high on it's return but I'll still give it a chance. It can only get better.

Don't care for Nick's story at all but Travis, Madison, Alicia, and Strand have my attention.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As others have said before me, I lost interest and gave up on this series a while back.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    As others have said before me, I lost interest and gave up on this series a while back.
    I'm still watching it, but my interest in it is pretty low now, I must admit. I want the show to be good and to give me something that's worth getting excited for, but even with the slight improvement during 2B, it's not been enough. They seriously squandered the entire purpose of the show by the end of Season 1. Those first few episodes were really good and then they just abandoned it to become The Walking Dead: West Coast.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the ratings for season 3.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_t...g_Dead#Ratings