Thread: Game Of Thrones Spin Off TV Series - Four of them!?

Administrator

England

Game Of Thrones Spin Off TV Series - Four of them!?

Four different “Game of Thrones” spin-offs taking place in various eras of the series’ universe are being developed for HBO.

Sadly none appear to involve “Thrones” showrunners David Benioff & D.B. Weiss as writers.

Writers hatching the four potential spin-offs are:-
    Spin-off 1) George RR Martin & Jane Goldman (“Kick-Ass,” “Kingsman”);
    Spin-off 2) George RR Martin & Carly Wray (“Mad Men,” “The Leftovers”);
    Spin-off 3) Brian Helgeland (“L.A. Confidential,” “Man on Fire”); and
    Spin-off 4) Max Borenstein (2014’s “Godzilla,” “Kong: Skull Island").
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77770
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    One spin off I could see happening ... but four?! I'll invoke your catchphrase now - oh dear.

Who knows, they might be awesome, although four ruddy spin-offs?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    They might all be mini-series tho, in which case it would make more sense.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    They might all be mini-series tho, in which case it would make more sense.
    Ah, good point. Hopefully that's their line of thinking and that they won't overdo it. Some have complained that the remaining two seasons of GoT are shorter, but I don't mind at all - I'd rather fewer episodes and no filler as the large scale climax unfolds, than shove in a whole load of junk just to meet an arbitrary number.

Ireland
    Yeh, ten episodes. Get your story out and STFU.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks like the first spinoff has been greenlit and will take place thousands of years before the current series.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/41...reenlit-at-hbo

As cast and crew continue wrapping up production on the final season of Game of Thrones, HBO has announced that the Game of Thrones prequel pilot from author and co-executive producer George R.R. Martin and writer Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, Kingsman) has been greenlit by the network!

The big-budgeted spinoff is created by Goldman and Martin and written by Goldman based on a story by her and Martin, the untitled pilot takes the prequel concept to a new level as it is set thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones. The series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.
    I’m open to different stories taking place in this established world, but as of right now I just can’t get interested in it. Maybe that will all change by the time they start promotion, but now it kind of feels like there’s no point. In the meantime, I’m eagerly awaiting the final episodes of the original series.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Jun-2018 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Typo

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I’m open to different stories taking place in this established world, but as of right now I just can’t get interested in it. Maybe that will all change by the time they start promotion, but now it kind of feels like there’s no point. In the meantime, I’m eagerly awaiting the final episodes of the original series.
    Pretty much agreed here...

If the quality of the production and writing can come across then that's hope at least!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, at the moment I have no real interest - it's just about this last season of GoT - but the spin-off has potential if the writing and story are good enough. At least being set so far in the past we should avoid the usual pitfalls of prequels. We'll know certain things, but I'd hope it'd feel like a whole new story, particularly as it sounds like it's during a very dramatic moment in GoT universe history.