Oh yeah, I forgot about that line.
    Last edited by LivingDeadGuy; 28-May-2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typo
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3

United States
    Where oh where has our beloved George gone *sigh*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by nectarsis View Post
    Where oh where has our beloved George gone *sigh*
    Maybe he got bitten by one of his own zombies?
    Last edited by LivingDeadGuy; 30-May-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo

United States
    Anything is possible at this point, something happened and I am less than thrilled with most of his offerings after Day.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Anything is possible at this point, something happened and I am less than thrilled with most of his offerings after Day.
    Creepshow 2 (1987) was good, but he did not direct it (he wrote it, though.) His horror anthology TV show Tales from the Darkside (ran until 1988) also had cool episodes (some of them even feature music by the same people who composed the characteristic synthesizer score for Day of the Dead.) This shows that by the end of the 80s he was still not burned out. It is in the 90s that his decline started to increasingly show with each new effort.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Creepshow 2 (1987) was good, but he did not direct it (he wrote it, though.) His horror anthology TV show Tales from the Darkside (ran until 1988) also had cool episodes (some of them even feature music by the same people who composed the characteristic synthesizer score for Day of the Dead.) This shows that by the end of the 80s he was still not burned out. It is in the 90s that his decline started to increasingly show with each new effort.
    Excellent points all

United States
    He also directed the Japanese commercial for the game Resident Evil 2 back in the 1990's. It was prettt good.

Super Moderator

UK
    I think the 1990s were a fairly torrid time for Romero career wise (from what I've gathered from various Romero interviews I've read/watched over the years) - lots of stalled projects, scripts that never made it to the screen, and so on. He was working on The Mummy for a while, but then the studio went in an entirely different direction and went for a big action spectacle rather than the (IIRC) more Karloff vibe Romero was going for.

Certain smaller projects were more successful - the aforementioned Resi 2 commercial, and he also directed the music video for "Scream" by the Misfits (which is what got me into that band) - but the bigger projects were more elusive. "The Dark Half" has some interesting bits in it (and I remember being quite creeped out by the trailer and promo images at the video rental shop back in the day), but it's not one of his better works. "Bruiser" (okay, that came out in 2000, but still) was decent ... again, there's room for improvement on that film and there's bits that don't really work at all, but there's various bits that do work really well (and the appearance by the Misfits in the third act as the band on stage at the party wins it a few points in my eyes ).
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Jun-2017 at 06:37 PM.

United States
    Once Romero left his original gorilla filming crew and hooked up with is mortal enemy- the corporate Hollywood production machine, it was all downhill from there.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    I agree, stupid Hollywood with their big budgets and botox and Beverly Hills mansions!