Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead: Season 3 discussion...

United States
    Daniel is a badass and has been through some rough shit in the past. If anyone could escape that dire situation it's him.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah, so he is real. I'm not bothering to watch Talking Dead episodes relating to FTWD now. Last seasons they struggled to find enough to fill the hour, and being that I'm not that fussed about FTWD in general, I'm not bothered about watch an hour of people talking about it with little to really say.

I'll naturally go back to Talking Dead when TWD proper gets back underway, though.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ah, so he is real. I'm not bothering to watch Talking Dead episodes relating to FTWD now. Last seasons they struggled to find enough to fill the hour, and being that I'm not that fussed about FTWD in general, I'm not bothered about watch an hour of people talking about it with little to really say.

I'll naturally go back to Talking Dead when TWD proper gets back underway, though.
    Since you haven't been watching Talking Dead relating to FTWD; you are missing out. Earlier you questioned how Travis was shot in the helicopter. During Talking Dead, this scene was explained. Seems the bullet came through the bottom of the helicopter, up into Travis' bottom parts and traveled north to his throat. That whole wound in his nether regions was caused by the same bullet which came out his throat.
    I can't speak for the rest of you but I'm really excited about this new season. I think they needed to go down another route to change it up some. As for Daniel!! I NEVER thought he was dead. Hell; he was one of the most compelling characters on the show. There is no way in hell, the writers would kill him off. Can't wait to see what he brings back to the show. As I said before; the more zombie action I see, the better. There was a time one could go years without zombies. A lot of you zombie enthusiasts have no idea how great you have it these days.

United States
    3X4 "100": Better than most of TWD season 7.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    A bit disappointing that they did not show how did Salazar survive and escape the situation he was caught in. Instead we got a vague "I survived but I don't really know how" blurry account by a puzzled Salazar himself.
    Last edited by JDP; 19-Jun-2017 at 01:19 PM. Reason: ;

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    A bit disappointing that they did not show how did Salazar survive and escape the situation he was caught in. Instead we got a vague "I survived but I don't really know how" blurry account by a puzzled Salazar himself.
    Damn, dude, that was a really good episode and that's what you comment on? Haha.

Anyway, Daniel just got out before it collapsed on him, nothing really to see there.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Damn, dude, that was a really good episode and that's what you comment on? Haha.

Anyway, Daniel just got out before it collapsed on him, nothing really to see there.
    But how did he get out? Of course there is "something" to see there. We were tempted to assume that he had died, that's how bad the situation was for him when we last saw him, yet now that he is all of a sudden brought back into play we are given this vague "somehow I managed to escape, I really don't know exactly how, but I did" cheap cop-out??? It was a good episode, but this part was disappointing.

United States
    To each their own then. I can see being disappointed if you really wanted to know. I just always assumed he just got out before the collapse. The writer said it himself on Talking Dead that same night Daniel wasn't dead and that he will be back one day.

If there is anything to be mad about it was the lightning striking the zombie. Howeve, I won't complain, I loved it. Fear does some great cheesy B-movie stuff that the main show could never get away with; like the wall zombie gag from 3X1.

I don't expect much from this show so I stopped looking for negatives and enjoy all the good stuff it has to offer. The lighting and rain in the dark is something we don't get enough of. The atmosphere was spooky and the music complimented it.

Was Daniel's escape narative lazy writing? Most likely. I guess I didn't really care because as long as I got Daniel back all is good. Great character.

Super Moderator

UK
    3x04 was a good episode, but better than all of season 7? Don't be daft! Season 7 of TWD had various problems, it surely did, but FTWD can't compete.

Anyway ... 3x04 was a good episode. I enjoyed it. I didn't mind the lightning strike walker ... it kind of played into the more religious aspects of Daniel's character.

It was pretty cool when he went rogue on the bit behind the dam and took over. I wonder where they'll go from here. Will the dam be abandoned, or is it under new ownership, will we continue to follow that on the show itself? It's interesting to see a basic resource's place within an apocalyptic scenario getting played with (i.e. the importance of water). It's a glimmer of what the show was supposed to be at the beginning (but which was totally abandoned in the second season). To see some of the earlier practicalities is interesting.

United States
    I said Most of season 7. Great premier and mid season finale, good mid season premier and finale. With the exception of "Bury Me Here", everything else was ok. Let's be fair haha.

- - - Updated - - -

About the dam- I didn't really think about that but I'm assuming Efrain and his people will take it over. Strand is going to tell Daniel that Ofelia is still out there and he's going to quickly hit the dangerous streets again. Speaking of Ofelia, wasn't it Jerimiah who picked her up last season? Where is she?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Speaking of Ofelia, wasn't it Jerimiah who picked her up last season? Where is she?
    It sure looked like Jeremiah...
    jeremiah.JPG

So far season 3 has been excellent

Rising

United States
    LOL @ Snooki being in Talking Dead. Jersey Shore meets zombies.

United States
    FTWD continues delivering the cool gags. Hope the main show gets its balls back for Season 8.

Rising

United States
    BTW, Strand was also puzzled as to how did Salazar escape the fire. Salazar gave him the same vague "answer" he delivered last week. Still very disappointing, no matter to whom he tells it. Or maybe the producers are taunting us with this vagueness and they will finally one day show what actually happened???

Another thing: were Salazar's actions regarding Strand really justified? Getting the guy caught in the middle of a bunch of encroaching zombies and abandoning him there seems like blowing it out of proportion. Maybe just punching Strand in the face and telling him to cut the crap with the semi-lies (because Strand in fact is telling him half-truths, not full-blown lies) would have been enough.
    Last edited by JDP; 27-Jun-2017 at 03:36 AM. Reason: ;

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, Salazar went a bit over the top on Strand. Like you say, he's a half-truther more than a flat-out liar.

A while ago elsewhere on the forum I'd mentioned that I really wanted to see a zombie with it's false teeth not inserted attacking someone, but just 'gumming' their flesh - and finally I got to see that in the opening of this episode. So that made me quite happy.

As for the rest of the episode? It was okay. It feels like there's too much filler floated about in FTWD to fill the episode order. I'd much prefer a single shot of 10 episodes, rather than two doses of 8 with this particular show. Indeed, TWD would quite possibly benefit from two doses of 6 episodes. Alicia is still a fairly pointless character who's just irritating, unfortunately, and Nick's sinking as a character a bit now as well. It's like they, and the show's writers, don't really know what they want or how to achieve it.