Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead: Season 3 discussion...

  1. #1
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,286
    UK

    Fear The Walking Dead: Season 3 discussion...

    This thread is to discuss all of Season 3 of Fear The Walking Dead - bear in mind that there will be spoilers current to the latest episode aired as the conversation continues.

    I'd totally forgotten it was even on! Anyway - here's a thread, so have at it.

  2. #2
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,089
    United States
    Talk about coming out of the gate running! My favorite character is gone so soon, not sure how to feel about that. Good gore though.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  3. #3
    Just been bitten zomtom's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, New York
    Posts
    102
    Undisclosed
    Two damned good episodes!! Wow!! If the show continues down this road, it could very well be improving. For those of you who have given up on this show, you might want to reconsider. I'm still totally shocked. How could they have kept that character's death a secret for so long? I'm also glad we're finally out of Mexico. I know I missed my zombies but there is no denying, these were two really good episodes. Hope it continues.

  4. #4
    Dying
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    463
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    I'm also glad we're finally out of Mexico.
    Strand is not out of there yet.

  5. #5
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,286
    UK
    They were probably able to keep it a secret because most people don't give much of a bugger about FTWD's secrets - TWD is the main point of interest for that sort of thing out there in the web.

    As for the episodes? Meh. The whole point of this show was completely abandoned in season one. What, really, is the point of FTWD? It's just going through very similar motions that we've already been through on TWD. It just feels like TWD: Mexico, like a CSI spin-off or something. It's a damn shame.

    They just seemed to throw away Travis, the most interesting character on the show. Also, was he bitten on the belly, or was it a gunshot wound from the incoming fire in addition to the one on his neck? That helicopter scene was a bit messy and I had a hard time figuring out exactly what was going on in the scene. The show kind of feels like it's constantly abandoning places and people at the drop of a hat (dispatching the grieving mother in the hotel felt like a plot thread that should have been dealt with last season - and what a preposterous waste of food!!!). The various parts of the story don't really gel together well enough for me, it's hard to explain.

    And more military bad guys (surely we've seen plenty of that as a storyline by now?) ... spoon eye is already irritating me as a pantomime villain. Madison and Strand are about the only real interesting characters left on this show for me. Nick as a character has got a bit uninteresting in the last several episodes, and the sister character is still annoying.

    The 'zombie in the rat wall' was a fun sequence (the head snapping back) - but how on earth could it have that much strength to break through the wall and pull the guy through firmly enough to snap his head off?! On TWD the most you get in terms of walkers overpowering humans comes from their numbers, or falling on top of them (i.e. their own weight is used to their advantage to down a human - not a walker hauling a human off their ruddy feet!)

    Interestingly, showrunner Dave Erickson is leaving the show at the end of this season. I wonder who'll takeover for season four...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 06-Jun-2017 at 05:38 PM.

  6. #6
    Dying
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    463
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The 'zombie in the rat wall' was a fun sequence (the head snapping back) - but how on earth could it have that much strength to break through the wall and pull the guy through firmly enough to snap his head off?! On TWD the most you get in terms of walkers overpowering humans comes from their numbers, or falling on top of them (i.e. their own weight is used to their advantage to down a human - not a walker hauling a human off their ruddy feet!)
    But do we know for sure that it was just one zombie behind that wall pulling the guy in? Maybe there were several of them who got a hold of the guy and pulled him in. In any event, that scene reminded me of one in the 1988 The Blob remake where the deputy gets pulled through a hole in the wall by the Blob and is "bent" in half, 180 backwards!
    Last edited by JDP; 06-Jun-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: ;

  7. #7
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,286
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    But do we know for sure that it was just one zombie behind that wall pulling the guy in? Maybe there were several of them who got a hold of the guy and pulled him in. In any event, that scene reminded me of one in the 1988 The Blob remake where the deputy gets pulled through a hole in the wall by the Blob and is "bent" in half, 180 backwards!
    We only saw one zombie, so we must assume it was only one zombie. If it was supposed to have been more we would have seen more of them - at the very least we'd have seen three or four or more arms - but we didn't. So it was just one.

  8. #8
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,089
    United States
    The actor had to leave. Guy is in high demand in Hollywood and is about to start Avatar. Big money right there.

    I don't even get upset with this show anymore. I already came to the conclusion it won't get much better than what it is. I watch to pretty much see what's going on. The retread of already existing storylines is the biggest mistake. Nick was my favorite and now he is my least favorite along with his girlfriend. Only person I'm rooting for is Strand.

    As cheesy as it was I loved that super zombie wall gag. As long as it's done here and not on the main show I'm ok with it haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  9. #9
    Dying
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    463
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    We only saw one zombie, so we must assume it was only one zombie. If it was supposed to have been more we would have seen more of them - at the very least we'd have seen three or four or more arms - but we didn't. So it was just one.
    That's the point: we don't know because we can't see what's going on the other side of the wall. For all we know there's a dozen or more zombies behind it. So we can't conclude it was only one zombie pulling the guy in. We only see one because that's how many of their heads can fit through that hole in the wall, but for all we know there might be more.

  10. #10
    Just been bitten zomtom's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, New York
    Posts
    102
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    That's the point: we don't know because we can't see what's going on the other side of the wall. For all we know there's a dozen or more zombies behind it. So we can't conclude it was only one zombie pulling the guy in. We only see one because that's how many of their heads can fit through that hole in the wall, but for all we know there might be more.
    When I watched, I was under the impression there was a mob of zombies behind that wall. That whole crowd of walkers chased Nick and his girlfriend into the tunnels. I just figured they were able to make their way behind the walls. As for me, I'm glad they seem to be changing course with this show. Travis was a bit of a wuss and I'm not terribly sorry to see him gone. This show can't compare with TWD and I will never forgive them for not following showing the downfall of society as promised. It still gives me a daily dose of zombies and I'm alright with that. I'm old enough to remember when there were slim pickings in the zombie department.

  11. #11
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,089
    United States
    I'm so happy Daniel is back.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  12. #12
    Dying
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    463
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I'm so happy Daniel is back.
    It'll be interesting to see how did he survive.

  13. #13
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,286
    UK
    Unless he really is just a figment of Strand's imagination - but hopefully he is actually real. I'd wondered about that as we never saw Daniel die, and if you don't see someone die in the TWD universe, chances are they're coming back.

    This episode was better than the last two. There's some interesting bits here and there (e.g. throwing people off that bit behind the water dam into a pile of broken up zombies as punishment for pre-ZA sins, and the whole doomsday prepper thing).

  14. #14
    Twitching Moon Knight's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,089
    United States
    If you look closely you can see burn marks on Daniel. Salazar and Strand are enough to keep me invested. This one was a bit slow but it did its job. The Ottos are pretty interesting, especially Jeremiah.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

  15. #15
    Dying
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    463
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Unless he really is just a figment of Strand's imagination - but hopefully he is actually real. I'd wondered about that as we never saw Daniel die, and if you don't see someone die in the TWD universe, chances are they're coming back.
    There was a spoiler about this on the Talking Dead episode that followed. Salazar did indeed survive. But we were not shown how in the spoiler. The situation he was caught in was almost guaranteed death, so it will be interesting to see how did he escape (which I suppose they will show us.)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •