Thread: TWD Season 8 Comic-Con Trailer

Super Moderator

UK

TWD Season 8 Comic-Con Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjUm9aTalOI

Thoughts?

I've done a bit of an analysis HERE.

Also - there's a full TWD special coming from Robot Chicken featuring the actual cast doing the voices!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmaywwpEOA
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Jul-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Administrator

England
    Sorry... Don't let myself watch these trailers
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Sorry... Don't let myself watch these trailers
    I do the same with Game of Thrones, rather go in fresh. However, with TWD, it's everywhere and it's too much work to avoid. Besides, I'm a comic reader so I know what's going to happen anyway so that helps.

As far as the trailer, not a fan of the music choice this year. The music choice is always my favorite part.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Neil - booooooo, you.

Moon - didn't love the music, but didn't dislike it either. Worked quite well towards the end after the quiet buildup, which was the part I was more surprised by in terms of cutting the trailer together. In general though I'm stoked! Really looking forward to Season 8!

The panel was fairly subdued this year (what with the death of one of their crew, and Romero's passing), but there were some laughs to be had, but not really much information to tease many things. Some of the cast didn't seem to be in much of a mood to talk at times (understandly so, you could say), but the likes of JDM and Payton were able to lift the mood regularly. The bit with Andrew Lincoln addressing his accent and "Corrraaalll" was quite entertaining. A little tribute in there for Romero from Nicotero & Kirkman, too, which was nice.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 23-Jul-2017 at 04:18 PM.

United States
    I didn't hate the music, just wasn't really feeling it.

I would like to see the panel but the sad circumstances surrounding it really took that energy away.

Some cool parallels with season 1 thrown into the new trailer, specifically with Rick and Carl.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Just watched the pilot episode, which is still my favorite piece of zombie/walker viewing. Its really sad what Rick and Morgan had to evolve into due to this world. Regardless, this teaser has me pumped for October.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Just watched the pilot episode, which is still my favorite piece of zombie/walker viewing. Its really sad what Rick and Morgan had to evolve into due to this world. Regardless, this teaser has me pumped for October.
    Rick and Morgan are my favorite characters. Gonna be sad when it's time for Morgan to go.

I'm pumped too.

MZ, just noticed your analysis. Gonna give it a read for sure.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 28-Jul-2017 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Add

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Rick and Morgan are my favorite characters. Gonna be sad when it's time for Morgan to go.

I'm pumped too.

MZ, just noticed your analysis. Gonna give it a read for sure.
    No matter how lost Morgan can be at times I always think back to his scene where he is unable to put down his wife. That alone tells me what his heart is made of. You add in Bear Mcrearys music in the back ground and that scene is just a tear jerker.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    No matter how lost Morgan can be at times I always think back to his scene where he is unable to put down his wife. That alone tells me what his heart is made of. You add in Bear Mcrearys music in the back ground and that scene is just a tear jerker.
    One of the greatest single scenes in the entirety of TWD. The genuine sense of loss and tragedy is vividly portrayed on screen.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    One of the greatest single scenes in the entirety of TWD. The genuine sense of loss and tragedy is vividly portrayed on screen.
    Agreed and a scene that was not in the book. A good Darabont moment.