Just summat I spotted on facebook...

beware.JPG

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Just summat I spotted on facebook...

beware.JPG
    Ha! Yep, there's a few of them about.

One time I was driving through town and some teen girl - completely consumed by her phone - walked straight into the road without once looking to either side (let alone up and forwards) and just lumbered out in front of me. After slamming on the breaks I was so stunned by the sheer idiocy of it (she went on to the other side still utterly oblivious) that I forgot to blast the horn to frighten some ruddy sense into her.

Another time a similar thing happened - but not with a phone - it was a lady out for a jog with her iPod earbuds in. Once again, they went straight into the road right in front of me without looking either way. That time I did remember to blast the horn - but seemingly she didn't even hear it (how loud must her music have been?!)

Some people ... ruddy idiots. This is why we need scary public information films back again. They might have scared some kids, perhaps given them nightmares, but those who saw them wouldn't have gone around playing near boggy waters or electricity substations - and they would have remembered to look both ways before they crossed the street!