Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Romero isn't happy that zombies went Hollywood

United States
    I kind of agree with George here though. While I enjoy walking dead and a few other flicks here and there. Hollywood kind of killed the genre for me. . . . Oversaturation. Too many. And the gaming industry as well. Took what was great about George's early movies out and left in all the dreck
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I kind of agree with George here though. While I enjoy walking dead and a few other flicks here and there. Hollywood kind of killed the genre for me. . . . Oversaturation. Too many. And the gaming industry as well. Took what was great about George's early movies out and left in all the dreck
    I can esp relate to the part about gaming. Used to in the old days (mainly the 90's) you had zombie games like Resident Evil and House of the Dead that were done in the same style as Romero's movies (dare i say that they were tributes?) but now zombie games are a joke and focus more on action than horror. And what's the deal with this new fad of taking games that aren't even about zombies and randomly adding zombies to them?
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3