Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RIP, George Romero. :(

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Been a long time since I was here but wanted to say a few words about the great man. I recall we were gearing up for the Letchworth Broadway Cinema premiere of Zombie Diaries in 2006 and heard that Diary of the Dead was shortly going into production. The exact same premise as our movie! I remember during production in 2005 thinking it was only a matter of time before someone else also came up with the idea of mixing zombies and Blair Witch in a feature film, but it was the Godfather of the zombie film who did!

Not only did George inspire us to make the film in the first place with Night of the Living Dead, but the stars were somehow aligned that we were able to secure a big release in the US when Dimension Films bought the rights to both Diary of the Dead and Zombie Diaries. For all those things, we owe George a lot!

Thankfully the reviews for the most part were kind to our film and it was able to stand on its own two feet. It was great to be at the Sitges Film Festival in 2007 when both our films played. George had read about our film and I remember just being stoked that he knew we existed! Watched Martin again yesterday with the commentary track on. Felt like listening to an old friend, such was his down to earth and laid back personality.

RIP George A. Romero. You have one hell of a legacy.

-KG
    Kevin Gates: Writer & Director - The Zombie Diaries

Canada
    A public memorial for George will be held on Monday in Toronto.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...onto-1.4211916

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwarrior View Post
    A public memorial for George will be held on Monday in Toronto.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...onto-1.4211916
    Thank You.

United States
    Still reeling (plus now Chester Bennington).....been a rough week. I will be watching Night in memorium this weekend. A theater about 1.5 hours away is doing a Night showing next Thursday I'm hoping to make it to.

Undisclosed
    Well, ugh.

i haven't posted here in quite a few years, but this was (is!) my place to get GAR news.

Remember when Land of the Dead was coming out!?! Holy shit that was unbelievable! We never thought he'd come back!

Just watched Martin, in some way as a supposed tribute to this genius. The shots, the framing, the dialogue, and the fact that it was all made on his dime in PIT.

GAR shaped my life. Treat everyone with respect and courtesy. We can only lose if we fight each other. i can't count how many times i have used his allegory's (sp?) in meetings.

And i will continue to do so.

RIP GAR. :/