Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP, George Romero. :(

Fresh Meat

United States
    RIP, George A. Romero. Your life influenced ours. Well done.

-stray-

United States
    Sad news. The man's contribution to my imagination and enjoyment is boundless!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Been a Romero fan since 1975 when I was a kid and my parents scared the living shit out of me. Great story how I became a Romero fan. Saddened by this news right now

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    RIP George. He meant a lot to me.

United States
    Sad news. RIP

United Kingdom
    I haven't visited or posted on this site for years, but I read the news of Romero's passing and knew I had to come back here.

So sad.

England
    not been here for a while and was a poster but more of a reader in the very early days of homepage of the dead. Feels like the right place to come after hearing the news. RIP George. Absolutely crushed.

Administrator

England
    The guy has quite literally affected my whole life to some degree... Very sad

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Andorra
    I am very sorry. He was a very influential person to me. Imaginative and moral. Thank you Mr. Romero, I will pray for you and your family In this terrible moments.

Ireland
    Just heard this morning. Very sad.

Romero has been in my "cinematic" life since I was old enough to say his name, even if I wasn't old enough to look at his films. He's the man that got me interested in zombies and the director of a film that scared the absolute crap out of me. 'Day of the Dead' is still the finest example of the genre in movie terms and remarkably, still has the ability to creep me out, which is some feat these days and especially for a film that I've seen countless times.

While I wasn't in love with every movie he made, at least he made them on his own terms and there was always something of interest in every one of them, which, in and of itself is an achievement in a business that produces 90% shite every year.

Anyway, RIP George Romero.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United Kingdom
    This is very sad... his films and the wider zombie 'genre' he helped create has been a big part of my life.

Super Moderator

UK
    My first real discovery of Uncle George was twenty years ago in a magazine article about his work and I was instantly fascinated, and his films had a huge impact on me in my formative years. He's one of the key influences on me getting into filmmaking, he's one of my favourite filmmakers, and two of his flicks are in my all-time Top Ten.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. Rest In Peace, Mr Romero, but long may your cinematic legacy live on!

Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-Jul-2017 at 10:22 AM.

England
    Just, just........
    I don't know, I dont have the words.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Just heard this morning. Very sad.

Romero has been in my "cinematic" life since I was old enough to say his name, even if I wasn't old enough to look at his films. He's the man that got me interested in zombies and the director of a film that scared the absolute crap out of me. 'Day of the Dead' is still the finest example of the genre in movie terms and remarkably, still has the ability to creep me out, which is some feat these days and especially for a film that I've seen countless times.

While I wasn't in love with every movie he made, at least he made them on his own terms and there was always something of interest in every one of them, which, in and of itself is an achievement in a business that produces 90% shite every year.

Anyway, RIP George Romero.
    Well said, dude. He was one of two idols whom I was so honored to have met; the other being Ray Harryhausen. George seemed always to have an eager interest in what fans had to say. And I'll be eager to see what tributes will be given the Man in his passing; though honestly the greatest was the creation of this site, and all the unique souls who visited HPOTD over the years. Peace out all.

United States
    Havnt posted on the site since i was in my teens, maybe it was memory or instinct but this was an important place in my life. I felt the need to come back and pay my respects to him and you guys who let me share my love of his work, even on a dial up connection back then.
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"