Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Terminator 6 (film) - The coolest/best thing I've ever heard Schwarzenegger say

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Old man Conan can be great if done well. The original is such a classic.
    I hope we get a good solid Conan film with Arni in it soon!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I hope we get a good solid Conan film with Arni in it soon!
    The original soundtrack played such a massive role making that film the timeless treasure that it is. My biggest fear with sequels/remakes/ect, is the music is never memorable.

Just look at how awesome the original Terminator theme was. These days the soundscape is such an afterthought.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    Aye, Poledouris' soundtrack is one of the few that I can listen to all the way through. It's fantastic.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Behind the scenes video about shooting in Hungary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A2NvaN1BoU

It’s not much really, just passing it along until we get our first trailer! Arnold looks to be in great shape for his age...
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Jan-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The current title for this new attempt is Terminator: Dark Fate, according to Cameron. I see the connections to the classic “no fate” references, but honestly, I thought the title would be something more definitive. Something that suggests “forget those others, this is after T2, we’re different”. Instead.....it just kinda feels like a generic title?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The last two Arnie helmed Terminator's haven't been Box Office-gold. They've done alright. But Genisys probably only broke even, if even that. One more performance like that and the franchise is undone. I don't think Arnie pulls crowds anymore - in the US at least.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First poster, with the first trailer premiering tomorrow:

I like that the tag line is already telling the audience that this is supposed to be the first sequel since Judgment Day.

I’m still crossing fingers that they can magically pull this off, so hopefully the trailer doesn’t bring my hopes down!
    Last edited by bassman; 22-May-2019 at 11:42 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, good tag line to say screw the other sequels ('cos yeah, they weren't good) ... now, do you all think this is the last chance for the Terminator franchise? We've had three sequels that didn't work out, so blimey, this really has to stick the landing.

It won't be T2 or T1 quality wise, but it has to be much better that T3, T4, and T5.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The bad Terminator left me feeling kinda ... meh ... just felt more 'blank' rather than 'intimidating/scary', you know?

The trailer itself was ... okay ... of course, could just be an iffy trailer. Trailers don't always correspond. T4 had an awesome trailer (mostly because of the use of NIN and choice imagery), but the movie itself was pretty shite. We'll see...

Administrator

England
    ^ Not a trailer Featurette
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^ Not a trailer Featurette
    I believe he’s referencing the trailer that was released today.

I’m 50/50 on the trailer at this point. Liked some of what I saw, but some of the rest also makes me apprehensive....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I believe he’s referencing the trailer that was released today.

I’m 50/50 on the trailer at this point. Liked some of what I saw, but some of the rest also makes me apprehensive....
    Didn't even know the trailer was out yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCyEX6u-Yhs
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As I mentioned before, certain elements of the trailer feel good to me, but then there is the flashy CGI and dark endoskeleton terminator that reminds me of the one from Genisys. I’ve never understood why the newer films try to make the robots matte black instead of the silver used for both the terminator models in the good films? Silver worked from the start and feels right, why make the new ones dark to where it ultimately doesn’t feel the same?

As usual, I’ll reserve final judgment for the film itself, but hopefully the next trailers can win me over a bit more because this one has me a touch concerned....

Super Moderator

UK
    Yep, I was referring to the actual trailer.

It's also quite a generic trailer, what with the choice and style of music ... it's like there's just one guy editing all the trailers in Hollywood with a worn out cookie cutter.

What is good, though, is having Linda Hamilton back.