Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Terminator 6 (film) - The coolest/best thing I've ever heard Schwarzenegger say

United States
    Dammit ain’t watching if Edward Furlong ain’t back as well!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Plot summary: a cyborg-clone of 80s-90s James Cameron is sent back in time in order to kill the 2000s James Cameron. It will then take his place and make good movies again.

United States
    i'm not even going to bother posting the trailer, but holy hell does it look shitty. this series should have stopped like four movies ago....

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQcU9LxTg3Q

A little BTS clip with some movie clips in it.

The movie's going to be R-Rated, so at least they're ditching soft-ass PG-13.

I do still worry about the plight of 'super Terminators' (see the point blank assault rifle clip) that we've had in recent sequels where they survive damage they really shouldn't be able to survive (remember T4 and the molten steel that only temporarily stopped them, the same type of stuff that utterly destroyed all the Cyberdyne tech in T2!!!)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They also announced at Comic Con yesterday that Furlong has in fact returned as John Conner....
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Jul-2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They also announced at Comic Con yesterday that Furlong has in fact returned as John Conner....
    I just read that before coming here.

Hopefully the guy can get himself back on track, and hopefully child stars are more looked after these days and guided better to try and avoid some of the usual pitfalls ... although there's only so much you can do to help. Fingers crossed his return works out nicely.

Although I still kinda feel that T2 was the ideal ending, to be honest. I'll still check this one out ... at the very least it'd be nice if it was better than T3 through T5.

Administrator

England
    Fingers so very very very crossed!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I had a thought about Furlong’s appearance in this film. Total nerd fanboy theory, but hear me out....

Earlier in the year we heard/saw that a young actor was cast to play young John, as well as the body double for younger Arnold. We see no sign of John in the trailers yet they’re fine saying he’s in the movie. What if they’re taking the popular de-aging technology we’ve seen in recent years, and they’re actually combining these two actors to make scenes set shortly after T2? We know Cameron loves pushing technology. John doesn’t make it out of these early scenes alive, altering judgment day, thus we have the trailers with just Sarah hunting the Terminators...
    Last edited by bassman; 26-Jul-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Latest trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ilzzdPgJ4

This one looks better than the last trailer. I'm still quite trepidatious though, after three dud sequels in a row, but at least this one appears to have the best chance going into it.

United States
    sorry, i still think this looks like absolute hot garbage. fucking hard pass, just like the last one.

i've said it before, but it bears repeating: they should have stopped after the first one....the second is okay, but that is where they totally should have drawn the line.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hoping for the best, but a lot of what we’ve seen doesn’t excite me like I’d hoped it would. The Terminator series is like the hard drug of fandom. Those first couple times were amazing, but now we’re chasing the dragon...
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Aug-2019 at 11:56 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Reviews seem fairly good...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Reviews seem fairly good...
    Saw one earlier that gave it an 8/10. Seems that getting Sarah Connor back has been a huge help in that regard. The review said it's the best since T2 ... so best of the films after T2, but how close to T2 is more the point. I'd imagine there'll still be a fair bit of water between T2 and T6, and at this point they were due for a sequel that wasn't an arse up. Will have to see for myself, of course ... although this whole thing about the Terminator 'hiding' as a drapery salesman rubbed me the wrong way. A guy looking like that ... a drapery salesman? I don't need a cheap, crap joke. Just have him hiding out as a mechanic or lumberjack or something.

Administrator

England
    Seeing it on Wed... Going in with mediocre expectations...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEuQQvckXQY

Kermode's review - mediocre, basically, but the best of the films after T2 (although, ultimately, not really much point going beyond T2).

I'll watch it when it rolls around onto TV. I'll be interested to see Sarah Connor again, but T2 was the perfect ending.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 26-Oct-2019 at 11:30 AM.