Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Day of the Dead: Bloodline (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The producers requiring him to cut it back actually helped him to refine it, IMO. Essentially giving the film a lot of what makes it the best of the original trilogy to a lot of fans.
    Aye. A rare case of that working, albeit the edict was passed down for monetary rather than creative reasons ... but by accident, the money men made a good move!

Some elements of the original script made it into Land, and other elements might have been a bit too much. Might it have been a bit too wacky in certain regards? It's been a very long time since I read the original script, and I do recall having fun with it, but as you say, I think in the end we definitely got the better version of Day of the Dead committed to film.

Fresh Meat

United States
    I like a lot of old, odd and sometimes "bad" movies. A lot of them had character and are quite fun to watch. From the teaser, this looks just like Day '08, Craptagium, and the NOTLD ripoffs I've made the mistake of watching. NOT something I consider fun to watch. More like painful, insulting, and generic. I'm done wasting time on that kind of shit, and I sure as hell am NOT going spend any more money on it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I like a lot of old, odd and sometimes "bad" movies. A lot of them had character and are quite fun to watch. From the teaser, this looks just like Day '08, Craptagium, and the NOTLD ripoffs I've made the mistake of watching. NOT something I consider fun to watch. More like painful, insulting, and generic. I'm done wasting time on that kind of shit, and I sure as hell am NOT going spend any more money on it.
    Yeah, these sort of things always reek of arseholes (devoid of originality, to boot) whose only motivation is trying to rinse money out of the iconic work and name of far more creative people.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 5 Days Ago at 05:02 PM.

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yet Romero is absurdly given credit for the characters!
    Does this count as Romero exploration?
    Is this going to be a thing?