Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What became of "The Fourth Reich"

Being Attacked

United States

What became of "The Fourth Reich"

Let's go back in time almost ten years ago, let's say around 2010-2011. There were rumors of a new zombie movie coming out called "The Fourth Reich" and it was supposed to be dark and serious horror film.

I remember there was even an IMDB page for "The Fourth Reich" with some unconfirmed cast listings and a fan made trailer that was horrifyingly well done and I was looking forward to it. What became of it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Never heard of it, but hasn't there been numerous nazi related zombie flicks since then? Might have evolved into one of those.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dead Snow was released around that same time frame, could that be it?

Being Attacked

United States
    It was after Dead Snow had come out. I remember people talking about Dead Snow at the time. I also remember people talking about how it's supposed to be a serious version of Dead Snow.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyinyang View Post
    It was after Dead Snow had come out. I remember people talking about Dead Snow at the time. I also remember people talking about how it's supposed to be a serious version of Dead Snow.
    Maybe it's Overlord that just got released like last year.

Being Attacked

United States
    So I just now noticed that, you are probably right. Overlord did go through production hell from what I remembered and JJ Abrams almost picked it up to become part of the Cloververse (Thank God he didn't).
    I hear it's a decent film with great effects.
    Last edited by Daoyinyang; 18-Aug-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: misinformation from before edit

Just been bitten

Scotland
    I remember that trailer. There was a film released in 2013 called Frankenstein's Army and the undead Nazi abominations were close to the steampunk-ish Nazis in the teaser trailer. It is also Russians that find the facility during their push into Germany.

Would have been pretty cool if Doug Bradley was called Captain Elliott Spencer in the proposed Fourth Reich. It was supposed to also star Sean Bean, Sean Pertwee and Tom Savini.

Being Attacked

United States
    Okay, so I don't remember much of it, but I vaguely remember hearing rumors that Sean Bean was going to be a part of the cast. I don't remember hearing anything about Tom Savini, though I know he's a zombie movie action star veteran and I don't remember hearing anything about Sean Pertwee. But we may be talking about the same thing. There was definitely a sort of trailer out there at one point between 2011 to early 2013. I think it was fan made, but I'm unsure of that as well since a lot of the stuff related to that supposed "Fourth Reich" film has disappeared almost completely off the internet.
    I remember seeing blogs and IMDB cast listings with even a splash art. Even subreddits dedicating threads to this new film. But it never happened. I'm inclined to believe it may have become Overlord. I remember there was a brief interview about how Overlord was in production hell. For some reason now, I can't find that interview for the life of me.

England
    I remember seeing this teaser way back in the mid 00's and being excited about it, is this what eventually became Frankensteins Army? I've never actually watched the film. Overlord was a decent enough watch though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTYqaewAQ8

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    I remember that trailer. There was a film released in 2013 called Frankenstein's Army and the undead Nazi abominations were close to the steampunk-ish Nazis in the teaser trailer. It is also Russians that find the facility during their push into Germany.

Would have been pretty cool if Doug Bradley was called Captain Elliott Spencer in the proposed Fourth Reich. It was supposed to also star Sean Bean, Sean Pertwee and Tom Savini.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMUQ2IMuz8o
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I remember seeing this teaser way back in the mid 00's and being excited about it, is this what eventually became Frankensteins Army? I've never actually watched the film. Overlord was a decent enough watch though
    Frankenstein's Army was pretty good fun - excellent monster designs and action once the movie gets underway. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Overlord was pretty decent, too, although so much hype had been made about the opening sequence and I really wondered what all the fuss was about when I finally saw it. It was also grating that they just flat out lied about how the military was segregated in WW2. I know it's a movie with spooky doings and monsters and such, so it's not a "true representation" of WW2, but nevertheless it does seem very silly to lie about such a thing (monsters or no monsters) - it's disrespectful to all those who had to live through segregation. If you're gonna have a mixed company of men in a WW2 film, even a goofy genre picture, you've got to have some kind of justification behind it (e.g. The Dirty Dozen - a hodge podge of throwaway soldiers, hoovered up by Military Police, who get sent on a suicide mission). Generally though, the movie had some good action and gore in it, although it didn't really stick in the mind too much. Perhaps I was expecting more of it going into watching it, not sure ... it's flashy, but quite generic, and no doubt there'll be myriad historical inaccuracies that'll drive you mad, Tricky.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-May-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTYqaewAQ8
    The trailer I am thinking of and that the OP was maybe thinking of had zombies flying in steampunk type mini zeppelins and they were crossing a WWI battlefield... I Think.

It was definitely discussed on this forum years ago.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I LOVED Overlord. I never caught the hype that MZ mentioned, so I went into it blind and fell in love with it’s throwback to the older style of action/horror. It even had Kurt Russell 2.0.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    The trailer I am thinking of and that the OP was maybe thinking of had zombies flying in steampunk type mini zeppelins and they were crossing a WWI battlefield... I Think.

It was definitely discussed on this forum years ago.
    That trailer will be this one, it was the second one for the same film (Worst Case Scenario) that never came to fruition, shame as it was quite intriguing. Although it does seem a bit more daft to my 38 year old brain than it did when I was in my early 20's.

Being Attacked

United States
    It was definitely discussed on every forum during the height of the hype of zombies. Especially this one. Talking about it here has definitely refreshed my memory a bit about the film. I'm gonna see if I can find the actual teaser trailer of "The Fourth Reich" that I saw all those years ago. The ones posted here are new to me (I've never seen these trailers before but I'm happy y'all shared it with me) and I am wondering if the actual user who uploaded the convincing and eerie teaser trailer is even around still.

Will update if I find it. Meanwhile, whichever way the direction of this discussion goes, it may help refresh my memory. lol