Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead: Bloodline (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The producers requiring him to cut it back actually helped him to refine it, IMO. Essentially giving the film a lot of what makes it the best of the original trilogy to a lot of fans.
    Aye. A rare case of that working, albeit the edict was passed down for monetary rather than creative reasons ... but by accident, the money men made a good move!

Some elements of the original script made it into Land, and other elements might have been a bit too much. Might it have been a bit too wacky in certain regards? It's been a very long time since I read the original script, and I do recall having fun with it, but as you say, I think in the end we definitely got the better version of Day of the Dead committed to film.

United States
    I like a lot of old, odd and sometimes "bad" movies. A lot of them had character and are quite fun to watch. From the teaser, this looks just like Day '08, Craptagium, and the NOTLD ripoffs I've made the mistake of watching. NOT something I consider fun to watch. More like painful, insulting, and generic. I'm done wasting time on that kind of shit, and I sure as hell am NOT going spend any more money on it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I like a lot of old, odd and sometimes "bad" movies. A lot of them had character and are quite fun to watch. From the teaser, this looks just like Day '08, Craptagium, and the NOTLD ripoffs I've made the mistake of watching. NOT something I consider fun to watch. More like painful, insulting, and generic. I'm done wasting time on that kind of shit, and I sure as hell am NOT going spend any more money on it.
    Yeah, these sort of things always reek of arseholes (devoid of originality, to boot) whose only motivation is trying to rinse money out of the iconic work and name of far more creative people.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-Dec-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yet Romero is absurdly given credit for the characters!
    Does this count as Romero exploration?
    Is this going to be a thing?

Just been bitten

Scotland
    This sack of shite is available on VOD and all the other streaming outlets.

I scanned through it and I really don't think I will give it a proper viewing. Explosive bursts of blood when these velocizombies speed eaters get hold of you.

UK
    It's a big steamy pile of shite, the acting is baaaadddd, day of the dead ruined again. No doubt there will be another dodgy remake in a couple of years which i will definitely avoid this time.
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Administrator

England
    Question... What's the "bloodline" element of the title mean?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    It's probably the just the equivalent of clickbait.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Question... What's the "bloodline" element of the title mean?
    I think it is rapey Max's obsession with Zoe before he becomes a super ninja talking half rapey human, half rapey zombie.
    There's a scene where super clever talking half rapey human, half rapey zombie Max is hiding in the ceiling air shaft smelling her hair band that looks like a pair of knickers. The writers and producers have brought a lot of new ideas to the table. Pity they are all shit.

Edit:

The thing is that they have some good ideas for the actual bunker like the civilian camp site, but off-set it with shite like frenzied camera work, the sprinting roaring zombies, a rapey half human/half zombie. If they had stuck to the premise of the original, had the Romero style of dead and added those civilians then they might have had something that would have been quite good.

They find a cure... so hopefully no more of this nonsense from Torus Entertainment.
    Last edited by MagicMoonMonkey; 14-Jan-2018 at 06:19 PM. Reason: add quote

Rising

United States
    I immediately became wary of this movie the very second I read about the "half-human half-zombie" freak. This sent alarm bells ringing all over the place. This is a most obnoxious contradiction to Romero's very own zombie universe that it is purportedly trying to be based on, since no such thing can exist! The only way to become a zombie is to be DEAD in the first place, so there goes the silly idea of a "half-human half-zombie" freak down the toilet right from the very start. But that apparently did not bother the filmmakers. Go figure.

United States
    Is a half-human half-zombie freak better than, equal to, or worse than the zombies that crawled on the ceiling like flies, in the last jerk-off-fest of a remake?
    Last edited by beat_truck; 15-Jan-2018 at 05:19 AM. Reason: typo

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    Is a half-human half-zombie freak better than, equal to, or worse than the zombies that crawled on the ceiling like flies, in the last jerk-off-fest of a remake?
    I'll go with "equal to" in terms of utter shitness.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    super ninja talking half rapey human, half rapey zombie.
    Rapey? WTF? Please don't say it sinks that low?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Rapey? WTF? Please don't say it sinks that low?
    Early in the movie when they show the outbreak, Zoe and Max are in a morgue with cadavers on the slab. Then Max tries to rape Zoe before Autopsy zombie gets off the table and attacks Max. The whole story is Max declaring his affections and slobbering "You are mine". He also cut her name in to his zombiefied arm.

hope to never hear of Day being remade in my lifetime. It's a fucking disgrace that these people think the 3 attempts so far have been acceptable.

Yes it would be good to see a straight forward modernisation of Dawn and Day like Savini and Romero did with NotD. It will never happen though unless I become a billionaire.

Super Moderator

UK
    Sounds like a load of shite. Won't be wasting my time on this dreck, and I've seen some right old cobblers in my time (such as the 2008 remake of Day).
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 21-Jan-2018 at 03:59 PM.