Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead: Bloodline (film)

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    JDP - it'll be a big happy clappy sing-song around the campfire with feelgood motivational speeches about inclusivity and the perils of sexting. Max will probably end up having parents, one human and one zombie, and he'll have an identity crisis about which side to be loyal to.

Christ, if they're reading this thread we're probably giving them ideas for a sequel to their piss-poor excuse for a 'remake'. All the other terrible remakes are gathering around like gibbering ghouls, pouring pig blood into a bucket in preparation.

What I want to know is, why do the people making this shite feel the need to try to add something new to the genre. Romero got it right first time. The Bub evolution was the acceptable limit, and take big daddy out of the equation, the zombies in Land of the Dead going around poorly mimicking aspects of their old life was the very limit.

I wonder if this fucking Max character actually talks... I feel it in my bones that the fucker will talk. This is going to be a whole new level of wank. Half human - Half Zombie... "Well, hello there Aunt Alicia. How are you this very fine day? Can I lick your face menacingly because I am from your past and I want to destroy your soul from the inside out.

NNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGF

If I was a billionaire I would make it my business to shut this fucking thing down.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    What I want to know is, why do the people making this shite feel the need to try to add something new to the genre. Romero got it right first time. The Bub evolution was the acceptable limit, and take big daddy out of the equation, the zombies in Land of the Dead going around poorly mimicking aspects of their old life was the very limit.

I wonder if this fucking Max character actually talks... I feel it in my bones that the fucker will talk. This is going to be a whole new level of wank. Half human - Half Zombie... "Well, hello there Aunt Alicia. How are you this very fine day? Can I lick your face menacingly because I am from your past and I want to destroy your soul from the inside out.

NNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGF

If I was a billionaire I would make it my business to shut this fucking thing down.
    They should give the job of remaking classic zombie movies to people who know the subject inside out and actually know what they are doing, like Nicotero or Savini.

Undisclosed
    Why can't these damn morons just take the first script Romero wrote, but scrapped due to budget constrains, and do a few moderizations to make it time appropriate?

I've read it. The original script makes what we saw on screen look like the difference between Jaws and Jaws IV.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    Why can't these damn morons just take the first script Romero wrote, but scrapped due to budget constrains, and do a few moderizations to make it time appropriate?

I've read it. The original script makes what we saw on screen look like the difference between Jaws and Jaws IV.
    Either they're too stupid to manage it, or it's possible that they don't have the rights to that original script. I'm sure that even if they did they'd make a complete arse-up of it.

Ireland
    TBH, I've always been happier with the film we got.

The original script was something I read on here around 98. It's what got me lurking on the site til I actually bothered to join up. But, while it sounded good, I still thought the finished film, including the necessary compromises) was better.

In the right hands, though, the original script could be great. But, I don't think there's anyone around who could make it so. Even Romero would have struggled with it in his later years.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    But, while it sounded good, I still thought the finished film, including the necessary compromises) was better.
    Agreed. I saw the version we got a good while before I ever knew there was a previous version of the script, so Day of the Dead has always been what it is to me.

Super Moderator

UK

Day of the Dead: Bloodline (film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9WULv5h0pE

Just when you thought Taurus were done dragging Romero's name through the mud while simultaneously shitting all over one of the man's greatest works, this turd basket comes along.

Rising

United States
    Oh, boy... sprint running zombies & "half-human half-zombie" freaks.

Administrator

England
    Oh dear!

1) Running/fast moving zombies? CHECK!
    2) Dinosaur roaring zombies? CHECK!
    3) Pretty "teenagers" in seemingly high positions normally requiring far older and more experienced people? CHECK!
    4) Needless booby/sex scene(s) for teenage male titillation? CHECK!

Sorry George!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't know, looks better than I expected it to.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Is that cos of (4)?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Well, it cannot be as bad as the Day of the Dead pseudo-remake, that is a safe assumption.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Well, it cannot be as bad as the Day of the Dead pseudo-remake, that is a safe assumption.
    I guess that did have ceiling crawling zombies... How did that ever make sense to anyone involved with that film in anyway at all!? How did that idea come out of a meeting with a thumbs up?
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I guess that did have ceiling crawling zombies... How did that ever make sense to anyone involved with that film in anyway at all!? How did that idea come out of a meeting with a thumbs up?
    Why was that train-wreck of a movie even branded with the same name as Romero's movie??? It doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with Romero's Day except for the fact that both movies have zombies. That was a pure shameless attempt at capitalizing on the name of a famous zombie film, nothing else. Thus why I call it a pseudo-remake.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't say I'm surprised. Romero's respected work will continue to be ripped off for as long as we're around and even further than that.

I'm not sure I agree that anyone should make his original script though. Seems to me that the money constraints and the resulting "trimming of the fat" actually helped the film. He kinda threw in everything, including the kitchen sink, into that original script. It would have been too much and wouldn't have come out to the respected classic we have now. The producers requiring him to cut it back actually helped him to refine it, IMO. Essentially giving the film a lot of what makes it the best of the original trilogy to a lot of fans.