Thread: Writing my first ebook!! Can you guys let me know what you think? Honest opinions.

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Writing my first ebook!! Can you guys let me know what you think? Honest opinions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Hey guys! I'm writing my first ebook about a zombie apocalypse. Can you guys let me know what you think? Honest opinions and give me some good constructive criticism.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I found the read quite interesting A bit "plain", but that shouldn't stop you from writing more. I just started writing my own story too, and I've been thinking some about what I want to get out of writing it, and mostly it's to explore what I consider a relativley new aspect of a zombie infection, and to let the story play out in my head which is rewarding in itself. I also want to learn something from it and I don't have high hopes for the book itself but rather from the experience of writing it, have you thought about what you want to get out of writing the book?

Here's the begining of my book if you want to read it https://www.docdroid.net/QLWFHp7/hobby-book.pdf
    The "new" thing I want to explore is to have "partial" zombies, so the zombies act as normal people but then have seziures and lash out, but then return to normal again. As the disease progresses the seziures become more and more frequent, but there's still always the chance and hope that someone you love who is infected will returnn to normal, even if it's just for one hour every week, or even month. I'm also trying to explore a "realistic" scenario of what the government would actually do to prevent the virus from spreading, such as enforcing a curfew, transporting food to peoples homes so they don't need to leave their houses, looking for voulanteers to help transporting the food around etc, more of the nitty gritty logistics of dealing with an event like that, not just instant decay into lawlessness. Also very different survival technique from many movies and other books where "pick up a crowbar and man up" seams to be the go to strategy for surviving, completely ignoring to show how they get the water which they won't last three days without. Not saying your book is/will be like that, nor that those books are bad, I loved the "the remaining" series and it mostly focused on fighting and not the logistics of survival.

- - - Updated - - -

I almost forgot in my rant about my book and motivations, I highly recommmend using Grammarly to spellcheck and grammar check your text, there were some typing errors in there (such as accidentally typing shot two times, missing comas etc). Grammaröy can help with that