Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TWD 8x04 "Some Guy" episode discussion... **SPOILERS*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Maybe they could have stuck her in a ropey old tutu and replaced the katana with a mop to help distract from the curious lack of continuity to the wounds. Very puzzling - especially on a show famed for it's superb make-up effects! I wonder if any reasons will be revealed on the commentary once the home video release comes out...
    How good are the commentary tracks? I adored watching the GAR and crew ones from Night, Dawn, Day, ect.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    How good are the commentary tracks? I adored watching the GAR and crew ones from Night, Dawn, Day, ect.
    It depends who is on them. If you have someone like Nicotero on he's got plenty of interest to say, but some others don't have much to say so there's long gaps with nobody talking. It's kind of a mixed bag and a pot shot, really. Some of them are quite entertaining and informative, others not so much.

Speaking of enjoyable commentaries in general, the ones for Red Dwarf (Series 1 through 8, anyway - they don't do commentaries on the newer episodes) are hilarious and benefit from having the actors (who have known each other for years) just having a hell of a lot of fun. I've been meaning to give those a re-listen. I love it when you get really entertaining commentaries - e.g. Simon Pegg/Nick Frost/Edgar Wright commentaries are always bloody good fun. I think I listened to every commentary on Scott Pilgrim - constant talking and thoroughly entertaining.

And, aye, agreed - the restrospective commentary tracks that Romero did for his flicks are all very enjoyable & informative. I recall the one for Knightriders being particularly warm.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It depends who is on them. If you have someone like Nicotero on he's got plenty of interest to say, but some others don't have much to say so there's long gaps with nobody talking. It's kind of a mixed bag and a pot shot, really. Some of them are quite entertaining and informative, others not so much.

Speaking of enjoyable commentaries in general, the ones for Red Dwarf (Series 1 through 8, anyway - they don't do commentaries on the newer episodes) are hilarious and benefit from having the actors (who have known each other for years) just having a hell of a lot of fun. I've been meaning to give those a re-listen. I love it when you get really entertaining commentaries - e.g. Simon Pegg/Nick Frost/Edgar Wright commentaries are always bloody good fun. I think I listened to every commentary on Scott Pilgrim - constant talking and thoroughly entertaining.

And, aye, agreed - the restrospective commentary tracks that Romero did for his flicks are all very enjoyable & informative. I recall the one for Knightriders being particularly warm.
    I loved the Knightriders commentary track! You really got the sense these guys were all family. From The Crazies and Martin and all the way to Day of the Dead, those conversations were the best. Very informative and fun as hell to sit back and listen to.

Edgar Wright and friends are a blast too!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."