Thread: Avengers: Infinity War (film)

Administrator

England

Avengers: Infinity War (film)

Fully expect this to stomp on Justice League from a great height...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Fully expect this to stomp on Justice League from a great height...
    That kinda goes without saying, no?

With the Russo brothers behind these two films, they have a chance of having some real weight, stakes, and consequences, which are things Marvel has seriously been lacking. Being that Avengers 3 & 4 are also technically the "contractual obligations are ending" films, they have an opportunity to take some characters out and giving the franchise a bit of an edge.

BTW......Why on Earth did they take away Johanson's red hair, effectively reducing her sex appeal??
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Dec-2017 at 08:49 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    With the Russo brothers behind these two films, they have a chance of having some real weight, stakes, and consequences, which are things Marvel has seriously been lacking. Being that Avengers 3 & 4 are also technically the "contractual obligations are ending" films, they have an opportunity to take some characters out and giving the franchise a bit of an edge.

BTW......Why on Earth did they take away Johanson's red hair, effectively reducing her sex appeal??
    The Russo brothers have done some good work in the MCU, and you're quite right about Marvel's troubles with gravitas on-screen. There's rarely any risk of anyone dying, and anytime someone does die ... ehhh ... they were either only just introduced (Quicksilver), or their death was predetermined by the existing narrative (e.g. Stark's father), or some magic happens and they're alive again (Coulson). So it does sap a lot of genuine risk out of the Marvel movies. You just know everyone's going to be alright in the end, even if they have to temporarily go through some shit or fight against each other (Civil War - the airport sequence was awesome fun, especially Ant Man and Spider-Man's involvement - but at no point did I truly think "oooh!", there was no actual peril, hell, they were even cracking jokes with each other as they punched each other). They can have some good complexity built into the plot (Civil War, again, as two different ideals are pitted against each other - but it's more interesting intellectually, and provides a solid platform to build setpieces upon, than thrilling per se). Does that make sense?

Anyway - the hair - not only that, but now Captain America has long hair and a beard ... edgy! He does look cool, but I was thinking "what's with all the new hair styles?" while watching that trailer.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I read a leak of a plot of Infinity war. I can't be sure it's true, but it does jive extremely well with what we see in the trailers and what characters get matched up (and where).

If that leak was true, which it looks to be, then there will be several fatalities.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Anyway - the hair - not only that, but now Captain America has long hair and a beard ... edgy! He does look cool, but I was thinking "what's with all the new hair styles?" while watching that trailer.
    I figured Cap's new look was in fitting with where the character is right now. He's been on the run from the government ever since the events of Civil War. That's also why he doesn't have his traditional suit and shield. At one point in the trailer it looks like he may have a new shield sourced from Black Panther's Wakanda, which is where the vibranium came from for his original shield...

Ireland
    So he's gone hipster, to blend in with the rest of the hipsters.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Enjoyed it. Didn't feel to crammed trying to get all those super heroes into one film.

But certainly not as good as something like Captain America 2 IMHO.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's alright. A great time at the cinema.
    However I felt that some characters were a bit underused.

While everyone was there, and Captain America had plenty of screen time, he barely did anything. He didn't have his own personal story, which I find kinda sad seeing he's one of the main characters of the franchise. But again, Captain America gets to play second fiddle to RDJ's Iron Man - almost like in Captain America's own film Civil War.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I enjoyed it. It’s a bit silly that they dropped the “Part 1” from the title, when it so obviously is one part of two. Most the events that are trying to carry some weight, lose their impact because of various films already confirmed to be in development. Even general audience members that’ve never read a comic should be able to tell that these things aren’t permanent.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-May-2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Typos

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This was released on digital download a couple days ago. I still thoroughly enjoyed viewing at home, as well. I was hoping they would do like other franchises have done in the past and have a trailer for Part II attached at the end, but there was nothing.

I only just now noticed that Scarlett Witch’s Russian accent is inexplicably gone in this film..??